“Warm hot dogs on arrival for our dogs, good chocolates for us”

Shooting Star Motel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Comfy, clean, everything works, fast WIFI! Compact room, but everything has been cleverly fit in, incl a microwave & fridge. In-room coffee maker, yay! Shampoo and good soap, too. $75 total with tax for 2 people, 2 dogs on a Sat night in high season, unbelievable. Friendly, personable owner.

We loved it and would happily stay again. Recommend highly. And the motel sign is damn cool.

Yuppies beware, though. This ain't your kind of place. Go on down to the Old Town overpriced ocean view hotels with all the "amenities" and that little bistro down the block where people will recognize the labels on your spendy outdoor gear.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank blue m

Reviewed 10 August 2011

The rooms were very small but cozy. We came to the area for my husbands job. short on time and even shorter on cash. The owner is a very pleasant man! He is a pet lover, did not bring my girls but he was great with everyone else's pet. Was always asking if we needed anything and was willing to offer help if we needed it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank debbie i
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We rolled in late one night, needing a place to stay, and not only were the rooms well within our roadtrip budget but the nicest we had gotten on our week-long trip along the west coast. The staff was very helpful and kind, and everything was just generally delightful. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank roadtripperyea
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We were on a road trip with no hotel reservations. We stopped by this place and I have to say the room they showed me was the most rundown, dirty room I've ever seen in a motel. We could not get away from this place fast enough. Unbelievably, the place was almost full. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why except the rooms were less expensive than others in the area and the hotel accepted dogs. Personally, I wouldn't have let my dog stay in one of their rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Talk about a find - this 'mom and pop' motel is it. Very reasonable, exceptionally clean, very friendly owner and even has covered parking for your auto. No 'free' breakfast but the very best find of our whole month long, 5000 mile trip. Almost worth driving back out there just to stay at this place. Definitely the best place we stay regardless of the cost but this was also the cheapest place we stayed. If your driving the Oregon cost you MUST stay at the Shooting Star motel in Bandon.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband, 3 chihuahuas and I had a fantastic visit in Bandon thanks to the Sooting Star. Due to some of the negative feedback here, we ALMOST didn't stat ther. THAT would've been a mistake!!! We have been to Bandon quite a few times but never been so relaxed. Granterd, the rooms may seem smaller but, have a kitchen, bathroom,TV and VERY comfortable bed. We always travel with ourChihuahuas, babies....there was a place right beside the TV for their playpen, which is where they stay. There was a kitchen....which saved a LOT of money on food. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotelto anyone! I am a 5***** hotel person myself and was EXTREMELY pleased with he room, cleanliness, friendliness, etc....Going to the beach is simple.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebAtEXL
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My expierance was horrible at the Shooting Star motel. It was cheap $80 per night, but I should've taken that into consideration before reserving the room. When I got there the room was dark, so I tryed to turn the light but there was no light bulb. Then I went to use the rest room, and there were urine stains on the seat of the toilet. The draws on the dressers were broken , and need I go on I think not you should get the idea by now STEER CLEAR OF THE SHOOTING STAR MOTEL!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
#5 of 12 in Bandon
Lamplighter Inn
Lamplighter Inn
#10 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Shooting Star Motel? Share your experiences!