“Avoid at all cost!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Folsom, California
“Avoid at all cost!”
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We were on a road trip with no hotel reservations. We stopped by this place and I have to say the room they showed me was the most rundown, dirty room I've ever seen in a motel. We could not get away from this place fast enough. Unbelievably, the place was almost full. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why except the rooms were less expensive than others in the area and the hotel accepted dogs. Personally, I wouldn't have let my dog stay in one of their rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arkansas
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Talk about a find - this 'mom and pop' motel is it. Very reasonable, exceptionally clean, very friendly owner and even has covered parking for your auto. No 'free' breakfast but the very best find of our whole month long, 5000 mile trip. Almost worth driving back out there just to stay at this place. Definitely the best place we stay regardless of the cost but this was also the cheapest place we stayed. If your driving the Oregon cost you MUST stay at the Shooting Star motel in Bandon.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Beatty, Oregon
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband, 3 chihuahuas and I had a fantastic visit in Bandon thanks to the Sooting Star. Due to some of the negative feedback here, we ALMOST didn't stat ther. THAT would've been a mistake!!! We have been to Bandon quite a few times but never been so relaxed. Granterd, the rooms may seem smaller but, have a kitchen, bathroom,TV and VERY comfortable bed. We always travel with ourChihuahuas, babies....there was a place right beside the TV for their playpen, which is where they stay. There was a kitchen....which saved a LOT of money on food. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotelto anyone! I am a 5***** hotel person myself and was EXTREMELY pleased with he room, cleanliness, friendliness, etc....Going to the beach is simple.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebAtEXL
Humboldt Bay, CA
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My expierance was horrible at the Shooting Star motel. It was cheap $80 per night, but I should've taken that into consideration before reserving the room. When I got there the room was dark, so I tryed to turn the light but there was no light bulb. Then I went to use the rest room, and there were urine stains on the seat of the toilet. The draws on the dressers were broken , and need I go on I think not you should get the idea by now STEER CLEAR OF THE SHOOTING STAR MOTEL!!!

• Liked — Cable Television
  • Disliked — Toilet Seat Stains
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Bandon hotels

Klagenfurt, Austria
Reviewed 16 February 2008

We were driving down the coast and popped into this hotel late at night. It was very ceap and we needed a place to sleep that night. The rooms was big, 2 queensize beds. But it had dirty green carpets on the floor, the room was moisty and smelled vet dogs!! Hair from dogs in our sheets.It was descusting!!!! When we left next morning we saw the "Pet friendly"-sign... Never again!!!

• Liked — Ceap
  • Disliked — Dirty, smelly descusting rooms
  • Stayed July 2004, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Doyle, California
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I origianlly chose this motel because it was affordable, and dogs are welcome. We stayed in a room with a kitchenette. It was a very nice room, with lots more space than I expected. The kitchen turned out to be a real kitchen with a small table, all the dishes, pans, ect you would need. I really liked that there was a door that I could close and not both anyone else while fixing Thanksgiving dinner.
The Staff from the moment we arrived were wonderful, very friendly and ready to help you anytime. There is a large area to walk dogs that my little dog enjoyed.
It was a quiet place to stay and the beds were comfortable. I would stay there again. The beaches are only a few blocks away.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank willypup
oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2007

Shooting Star Motel - Bandon

I was jazzed to find what i thought was a reasonablely priced motel - when i called and made reservations - the staff was pleasant, very pleasant..

When i got to the motel, i found the room - at $90 - overpriced for a semi-clean, smelly room. The bathroom window was cracked, the phone was broken, the curtains were hung sloppily, the floors - except for in the middle, were dirty, there were ant traps in the windows and there was some wierd thing on the shower head i had to turn to get water out of it. after using it the first time, i learned to be careful so i wouldn't pinch my fingers again. (please see attached photos.)

What really was most upsetting is that my husband called me from home the first morning i was here - at around 7 - and was told that the office was NOT open that early - didnt open til 9:00 am. Neither of us had ever heard of that before. The second day here, he called again and the motel owner called him a [-] and that the office does not open until 9:00 am and refused to connect him to my room!!! My husband is disabled and was unable to make the trip. It is important for me to be able to be in contact with him!

THEN - believe this - the owner called me up and told me that my husband was rude to her! After she cussed at him, i imagine he was. She complained that she had been up all night manning the desk......that she and her husband had to sleep sometime. This is a motel.......it is beyond belief that they would not transfer the calls! i would not recommend this place to anyone ever!

5 Thank gotripbh60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#7 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Shooting Star Motel? Share your experiences!