“Great location, pleasant service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandon
Sea Star Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 9 Bandon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2008

We stayed in Room 2 (top floor) and enjoyed the Sea Star very much for our one night stay in Bandon. The room has one queen size bed and is not very big but adequate for our needs. It was very clean with no odor issues at all. There is a skylight over the bed and the view of the harbor is great. There is also a small patio with a bistro table and two chairs to enjoy the view. The room was very warm when we checked in (due to the sun coming through the skylight) but the manager immediately gave us a fan and there was no issues the rest of the night. The location was fantastic with the top restaurants right around the corner (see our review of The Wild Rose ... it was fantastic!).

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 December 2007

This hotel has been a reliably fun place to stay in the lovely city of Bandon, OR. The rooms are affordable and well appointed.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I booked here because we wanted a one-bedroom place in the Bandon area for a certain night, and a "suite" here was the only one available. (It's a popular town in the summer.) I saw a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor but hoped for the best.

The room was okay. Upon entering we were hit with a very strong odor that seemed like men's cologne spilled on the carpet ... with closer examination I found it was one of those plug-in "air fresheners" that heat up and disperse scented oil. Ick. We unplugged it and aired out the room, and the smell dissipated somewhat. The window was difficult to open.

The room was in half-decent shape. It was small for a suite; the "bedroom" was only separated by part of a wall, not a door. (It didn't have a separate window.) The furniture was fine, and the room was reasonably clean, except for some scuff marks on the walls and a dried blob of a previous occupant's conditioner (I hope!) on the shower stall.

The location is great, right on the harbor and easily walkable to old town Bandon, which is really only a few square blocks. The coffee shop next door was nice. The Sea Star management was friendly enough.

For a coastal town in the summer, it was an okay rate for a passable room. I wouldn't plan an extended stay here, though.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 18 July 2007

I stopped in Bandon, Or on a trip up the coast from San Francisco. I
had read a great review in one of my guide books for Oregon. I called
the managers early in the day to book a room. The woman I talked to, although nice, seemed very confused. We were finally able to reserve a room with no view for $65. When I got to Bandon, I called for directions and once again the managers/owners seemed confused. Once I saw my room I was very unpleasantly surprised. My room smelled like
cigarettes. I tried to deal with it for a while but the smell was too overpowering, even with the window open. I called and requested a
non-smoking room, but the management refused to believe me and insisted that all the rooms were non smoking. I pointed out that there was a bucket full of cigarette butts right outside my door and she told me that those are OUTSIDE the room so the room is non smoking. I finally got so irritated, I told the managment that I was leaving and that I expect a refund on the room. I then had to call 4 times the next day to get them to credit back my account. Although, the smell of smoke was the major issue, I agree with the other reviewers on the lack of cleanliness and the general poor condition of the place. I would definitely not recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank MadShak
Reviewed 30 August 2006

I have to say I surprisingly agree agree both with some good and some bad previous reviews.
We had a room in the Guest House, with a nice view on the harbor and the old town portion of Bandon.
The whole house would need a little painting and refreshing, and the least you can say is that cleanliness could be improved too. Coffee-making facilities were so dirty we did not even dare to use them (there is a great bistro café behind the guesthouse!), the carpet was worn out and spotted...Clean and fresh the place would have a lot of charm. But is is neither very clean nor very fresh.
Very surprising welcome. Though we arrived at 6:45 PM, so on my opinion not a late arrival, we had only an enveloppe (with the room key) on a desk and a courtesy phone waiting for us, where I was told I would find the following morning our CC receipt and check! Invisible owner! As of August 2006, we paid $75 without any breakfast, which I don't consider a bargain for such a place!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Didierz
Reviewed 16 August 2006

My husband and I stayed here on a trip up the Oregon coast and the Sea Star was our favorite place we stayed. The room was clean and comfortable, and the view was great. The managers were very nice and answered all our questions about stuff to do in Bandon. We even saw them later that evening when we were at dinner, and they stopped and chatted with us - great people! I would definately recommend the Sea Star to anyone visiting the southern coast of Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2005

The Sea Star Guest House & Hostel in the old town portion of Bandon, Oregon has, among other accomodations, a large private room with a queen bed and shower set well back from the street which was spotless--the bathroom floor glowed bright. The bed was comfortable and the hostel accomodation at $39 was several times less expensive and accomodating than several adjacent motels which appeared musty and worn. There also is a large Queen bed room with bath on the 2nd street front side of the guest house--the old town is very quiet at night--which looked lovely. Kitchen and coffee-making facilities are available for guests. Across the street there are several outdoors fish and chip seafood places at the wharf that are reasonable and finger licking good, and within 2 blocks there are more traditional restaurants. The bar/restaurant on the street behind provided tasty breakfeast specials. Fish and chips hit the spot, and a 3 mile drive to the lighthouse beacon at sunset to watch the contrasting light as it hit the shore and nearby buildings was worth the price of admission alone.

6  Thank Bruce B