“A disappointing night's stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here to be near to some friends, the location was great! Our room was clean but the bottom sheet didn't fit the bed, it kept popping up at the corner, and I had to keep trying to sleep without lying on a lump at my head. The hotel was full so we had no choice of another room. The front desk staff was sympathetic but made no attempt to compensate us other than offering us some amenities like shampoo which we didn't need. Breakfast was decent, but it hardly made up for the bed! This was by far the worst experience we had during a very long trip with stops at numerous hotels. I did submit a review to the hotel itself but received no response.

Room Tip: Be sure the sheet fits the bed if you don't want lumps.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barbgoodkin

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here with some colleagues for a business trip. The place worked fine. The rooms were quiet. The breakfast was decent, pretty much what you expect at that type of place, although the fresh fruit was a nice surprise. Free wifi, free parking, in room refrigerator and comfortable bed. I can't see any reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We traveled to Beaverton for the Memorial service of a dear friend. We usually visit these friends while traveling in our trailer, so weren't sure where to stay for a fast trip with the entire family. I found a good deal on price and it had good reviews, so we decided to stay. What a blessing it was to have a clean, quiet place to stay. We live in the country, so Portland is a very busy, loud place to us with lots of traffic, yet our room and the entire hotel was very quiet, even on the weekend when it was quite full. We were busy helping family and friends with meals and such, so it was nice to return each evening and rest comfortably. Our room was fairly spacious. Beautiful trees outside our window. Comfy beds. Helpful staff. We got a rollaway, with no extra charge. We ate a huge breakfast every morning as our other meals were a little irregular. Staff would come and ask us at the table if there was anything else we needed. The front desk person looked up a ton of information about different places we were trying to find. I've already told several friends and family to stay here as many of them are traveling to Oregon in the next few months.
Only suggestion I have is that the pool was too tightly enclosed with no air circulation. My kids begged to swim one evening. My eyes were already bothering me due to allergies and the chlorine in the AIR was enough to sting your eyes. There wasn't even a window to open to get fresh air. That is a very minor complaint. Other than that, and of course, the sad reason for our trip....the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ustravelermom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed only one night in this hotel after a long journey from Asia. In fact the choice of hotel was made based on proximity to a customer I would be visiting whilst in the area. This is a clean and comfortable hotel. The rooms are modest, the mattress soft, in fact almost too soft. Somewhat unusually for a US hotel there was a fridge in the room, the hum of which (if I had not been so tired might ) might have distrubed my sleep. The bathroom was on the small side however again it was clean and the water nice and hot. There is a small gym with one running machine and two eliptical trainers. Breakfast is a self service style with an adequate selection to start your day, including some fruits.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The location was great, the facility was good, but the service was not professional, at all. We stayed for total of two nights in the hotel and during our stay we could smell unpleasant essence in the air. I thought: it must be the ventilation. I didn't approach the situation hoping to be something temporary. The next day we were out the whole day, again during the night hours the problem returned. It drove us crazy., but in the morning we figthereof out: there was a leakage! That morning it was obvious, because no yet had taken a shower and the wet spot confirmed the reason for... Now, personally I believe that issues may arise, however in the hospitality industry it's not really the issue, even though super unpleasant, but how the issue was handled, and in our case it was not. The manager - Michael Taskinen was sympathetic, but when he offered the funny sum of $20 discount i thought - Seriously! He asked me how come I didn't approach the problem the first night and how come I didn't figured out the issue! I explained: i am not a technician and we though of it as a ventilation issue! The staff should have approached the problem when cleaning the room and advise management of the problem, not ignored it. They must be trained to spot on problems in the rooms, not disregard them. Our weekend was beautiful and Portland, the restaurant & the nature, but I will never return to this hotel, not because of the facility, but beacause of the customer service, which in today's world is crucial.. When there are so many options! This is not comment of anything else, but a note to reinforce better training of staff who I am sure will become better in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MonaVee
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Liked this place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Mini-fridge in the room was a nice surprise. Good free wifi. Lots of parking. Limited channels on the TV with only a so-so picture. Nice big main room. Bathroom area was a bit cramped and dark. AC worked great, if a bit noisy. Excellent maid service that worked around our odd hours. Full health club right across the street with a 1/2 off day-pass arrangement, if you don't like the tiny fitness room at the hotel. Belgian waffle makers in breakfast room. Ice down the hall. The towels need to be replaced with brand new ones as they've been washed so many times they feel hard.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MichaelSeattle2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here for three nights during a business trip. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the room stayed at the temperature I set it to be. The room was clean. The only problem I had was that I had made sure the first night that the alarm was not set on the bedside clock. I woke up to my own alarm the next morning perfectly fine. So, I assumed that it would stay this way. However, the next morning at a prompt 6am (2 hours prior to my alarm) the radio blared on to a spanish channel. Im not sure if the housekeeper accidentally turned the alarm on while cleaning or was listening to music. Either way, it was upsetting. Also, two days in a row I received phone calls to my room at 7am. I didnt answer either time, as there was no one I know who was going to call me there.

It was close to where I needed to be every morning and easy to get in and out of. Also very easy to find. Will most likely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are a single female traveler, make sure to ask for a room on a higher level floor. I was pla...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TaliaT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton? Share your experiences!