“Dad's 70th”
Review of Decarli

Decarli
Reserve with OpenTable
Decarli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 440 Restaurants in Beaverton
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Farmington
Transit: Watson and Farmington both offer bus stops within a block of the restaurant. MAX is 3 blocks away.
Description: decarli restaurant is where rustic meets modern. Chef/owner, Paul DeCarli, pulls from his Swiss-Italian roots to create a menu that reflects his heritage as well as combine local Northwest ingredients. Polenta fries with gorgonzola butter, mussels in fennel-saffron cream sauce, and espresso-braised shortribs are just a few of the many "must-haves.” Soaring open beam ceilings with rustic brick walls add to the ambiance of this 1924 historic building.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My dad and I went with friends who live in Beaverton to Decarli to celebrate his 70th. We are very happy they took us here! The minute we walked in we had a great time from the hostess to the window seat that sat 5, to the service and the food. I don't live in Oregon, but I'm telling people if they are in the neighborhood, they should go!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let's face it--Portland is a foodie town. There are so many great restaurants to choose from that people in Beaverton often go downtown or the east side for fabulous food. But there is now a good reason to travel to Beaverton for a great meal. Decarli offers a great "Pearl" experience in atmosphere AND in food quality. The menu changes enough to keep things interesting but the favorites remain on the menu. The quality is consistently outstanding as is the service.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

When my husband and I can sneak away from parenting duties, this is my first choice for an upscale (yet very hip) dining experience. The food is fresh, unique and consistently delicious. The desserts are amazing. The service is always professional. The owners are wonderful. And I don't have to pay for downtown parking! I have never had a bad meal here. Just be sure to make reservations on the weekends. This place is not a secret anymore.

1  Thank hapunagirl
Reviewed 12 May 2014

They have a great happy hour if you can get a seat. Very good food and service. We had the hamburger, which was cooked perfectly, fries and salad. All tasty and reasonably priced for a happy hour.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

While there are a couple of other very good restaurants in Beaverton, I have to agree with the others who have rated Decarli Beaverton's best. On a recent visit, I had the beef short ribs and my wife had a New York steak. Both were excellent, as were the polenta fries that we shared as an appetizer. We also shared a very good ceasar salad and a nice bottle of cabernet. It's the food that really makes Decarli a standout restaurant.

However, Decarli does have a couple of negatives. One, as several reviewers have noted, is the noise. Decarli can be very noisy, especially in or near the bar. This is understandable, given the way the restaurant is constructed, but it does detract from the meal sometimes. The biggest problem, however, and I've experienced this several times, is slow service. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, but they just don't come around very quickly or very often. Also, the food delivery is very slow. I don't know if this is due to the server's inattention or if it's because the kitchen is just overwhelmed. Whatever the case, it's a real problem. Our last visit was on a weeknight and the restaurant seemed only moderately busy. Yet we sat for a long time after we ordered drinks, before they made it to our table. Then we had another long wait for our salad and appetizer and a very long wait for our entrees. This is why I can only give Decarli 4 stars, instead of 5.