“good location, great value”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Hillsboro, Oregon
“good location, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

There are plenty of grocery stores nearby in walking distance, such as Safeway, Trader Joe's, and Dollar Tree. There are also American restaurants as well as Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese restaurants. You can find a Bank of America too. If you want, you can get a room with a kitchen, which is awesome.

About the service, you need to arrange a housekeeping day when checking in. I did it via telephone in my room, the people at front desk are nice.

Cons: Internet is really slow. There's no shampoo in room. There's a truck coming every morning at about 6:30 (probably picking up garbage, I did not check) and beeps a lot, which somehow bothers me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with StudentUniverse

1 Thank CassDD
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a satisfying stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the kitchens in our rooms, as well as the convenience of the surrounding businesses. I apologize for the truck in the morning. Also, we would be more than happy to provide you with shampoo, as we do have this available upon request at the front desk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bemidji, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Aside from the crazy woman on the back end if the hotel, I think on floor 3, and who has stickers on her window and shouts unnecessarily loudly in support of the
'Raiders' for all to hear... I actually liked spending a night here.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had excellent stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your hotel accommodations. We will certainly address our sports fan as well, for those that may take offense.

Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The staff are wonderful. Expsleically, Craig, Brandon, and Sarah. I prefer this hotel over 5 star hotels. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for things I needed in my room. The entire staff are very friendly

Room Tip: Any room is great. I wanted a non-smoking room, but I had to stick with a smoking room, which did no...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Korey - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff, especially Craig, Brandon and Sarah. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room.

Lake Stevens, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

While searching for Hotels, I try to stay at locations offering continental breakfast. After checking in, I inquired as to where the breakfast room is and was told, "oh it's on the cart behind you". The next morning I came downstairs to see what could possibly be offered at a cart. I found a few pieces of fruit, breakfast bars, muffins in plastic wrapping, instant oatmeal and coffee. Most definitely the worst assortment of breakfast choices I have seen at a hotel which claims they offer breakfast. The room and overall accommodations were nice, but all things even, I'll stay at a hotel which really does offer continental breakfast next time.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and heard a lot of sqeaking from the ceiling above. I would recommend sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel accommodations; however, we apologize that the "Grab And Go" breakfast did not meet your expectations. When calling the property, we do try to be sure and explain what is offered, and stress the "Grab and Go" convenience, rather than calling it a continental breakfast, which it is not. This is a new feature that we added as a result of guest comments, where previously guests had no other option than what they brought with them. Still, I am pleased you found your amenities and guestrooms to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope that you will contact me directly, at hll2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

At arrival (late check-in) my room and my friend's room had crumbs, stains and hairs in the sheets! Sheets were changed and promises that room would be recleaned. It took multiple attempts and 3 days for the room to get properly cleaned. Half the TV screen was child hand prints and there was trash, toys and pacifiers on the floor.
My family in the room next to mine were evacuated for bedbugs!!
The staff is friendly, apologetic and will even comp you one night's stay but that's no guarantee you have a clean room.
Facility looks decent & has good coffee at the lobby breakfast station. 3 out of 5 rooms in my group had problems.

Room Tip: Request the room is has been wiped down, vacuumed and the sheets and blankets changed from the previ...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The issues that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are sorry that we would allow that to happen to anyone. To insure that w this does not happen in the future, the Team and I are going to be doing a re-training session. I want to insure you that making our guest feel at home is the number one thing we want to achieve. I apologize that we have failed that mission. Still, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our coffee and that we were able to remedy part of your issue with a complimentary room.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at 503-439-1515 or HLL2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Orinda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I went to spend the weekend in Hillsboro OR with my daughter. I had read another review about how disgusting the property was supposed to be and was worried. Actually the room was very nice and the staff at 10 PM when we arrived were very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be very nice and that our night staff provided you with such friendly as well as helpful service. I also want to say thank you for giving us a chance, even reading the other reviews; it is very rewarding to read that your stay was a pleasant surprise.

Amboy, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel looks decent when driving up but as soon as you enter you will find it's old, dingy and smelly.
Upon entering our room we found it to be pretty disgusting. The bathroom looked as if it hadn't really been cleaned in months we found hair just about every where counters, sink, floor, toilet and tub, the previous guests soap was still sitting next to the sink, the faucet was pretty old and nasty the bathroom was over all gross. We ended up buying cleaner at a local store and cleaning it as best as we could prior to using it. I had little faith in their house keeping staff so I just did it myself.
We did not use the kitchen area but it was no better than the bathroom the burners had food crumbs all in them, dried food stuck all over inside and outside of the microwave, dried food stuck on the door knob, crumbs and hair on the stove top....YUCK!
The bed was as hard as a rock and just like every where else within the room we found someone's hair all under the covers so we just laid on top.
The carpet was riddled with huge stains throughout.
For the price this hotel is not worth it. It's really disgusting. I took a few pictures have a look for yourself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Kim - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that my team and I failed at providing you with a pleasurable stay, as we thrive on making each and every guests' stay is the best it can be. In response to this feedback, please know I will be working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is going to be making repairs in your room as needed.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at 503.439.1515 or hll2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#6 of 12 in Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court? Share your experiences!