“Currently Under Remodel- staff not friendly”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here last weekend for a local swim meet. The lobby was in somewhat of a disarray however the hotel is undergoing a remodel. The front desk person was not overly friendly. When I asked him if late check out was available he said flatly "check out is at 12:00 noon". The Grab and Go "breakfast" is a joke. it consists of a few apples and oranges with prepackaged plastic wrapped muffins. The kind with an expiration date 10 years from now. We had cleaning trying to come in and clean our room at 10 on our departure date with another staff member stopping by to remind us that check out was "between 11:30 and 12:00". the shower curtain was too short and water puddled on the floor. When I returned home I received a call from my credit card company to notify of a suspicious charge on my card. An additional charge of $10.50 was added. I attempted to call the hotel but was cut off. I called three more times and was immediately switched to an automated system requesting I enter the extension of the department I wanted to reach. I gave up trying to call and found my receipt. My best guess is they forgot to charge the tax and my room rate together and charged the $10:50 tax after the fact. I have stayed at Embassy Suites at Washington Square many times and feel they are a much better value for a for $15.00 more per night. Much larger rooms, friendly professional staff and real breakfast

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Chuck - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to enhance our offerings and customer service based on your comments.

Again, thank you for contacting Extended Stay Hotels and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 503-439-1515. I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Housekeeping found Bed Bugs while making up our room. Luckily I had paid the extra fee to have our bed made up each day, otherwise, they would not have been discovered during our 5 night stay. Management only made one call to me and left a message that I needed to call back. No reason left. When we got back to our room the key would not work (had been deactivated so we couldn't get in...I guess we were to sleep in the hall?) I went to the front desk to see what the problem was and all they did was issue another key...no one bothered to let us know that we were about to spend another night with bed bugs! When we got to our room, there wasn't even a note left or any other back up communication in case I didn't retrieve my messages! The NEXT day I received a call telling me our room was quarantined and they were going to confiscate our belongings..I quickly left the job site we were at and returned to have the manager escort me to my room and help me bag everything cloth...shoes, clothing etc. It was a big enough concern that she even bagged and destroyed my luggage... but not a big enough concern to keep us from sleeping in there after they knew!!!!! They did buy us new luggage along with a heavy implication that perhaps we had carried the bugs in...We spent $2000 on rooms for us and our employees that week. We will be returning to the area soon and I guarantee we will not stay here ever again. If I were you, I would think twice!

1  Thank Angela K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the staff issuing you a key to your room and no note being left for you in your room is truly regrettable. I also apologize if you felt I was implying that you brought them with you. I mistook our conversation about bed bugs as you being curious; it was never my intention to blame you in anyway. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with all of the hotel staff to ensure your experience is not repeated by improving on communication between the staff and with the guests.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hll@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. I do sincerely hope that you come back to see us when you are staying in the area. The experience you had at the hotel is by far not the norm here. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that during your next stay.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Moved here from Arizona to start a new job. Great place to stay and get a chance to look around. Staff here is friendly and helpful and the hotel common areas and rooms are very clean. Bedding, towels, cleaning supplies etc... handed out with no hassle, all you have to do is ask.

Very nice park at the back of the hotel, yesterday there were hundreds of geese in it, and have seen ducks, herons, nutria, and beaver in the creek and pond in the park. Having 2 dogs here with us the park is a godsend! The staff is also Pet friendly.

The rooms are as advertised. Unlike other extended stay type hotels, this one actually came without asking for, a kitchen complete with cookware, dishes, silverware etc...

Located in middle of anything you would need within a few blocks, grocery stores, restaurants, department stores etc....

On a personal note, I want to thank all the staff at this hotel for a wonderful stay and wish them a very merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

1  Thank Alan S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Alan - Thank you so much for writing this awesome review of our hotel. I am glad you took advantage of the park behind the hotel, it is lovely there. We all hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year as well. Please come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Hotel is a great deal/great value. Good location, surrounded by restaurants and easy access. Hotel staff very helpful and extremely educated, which is a plus,compared to hotels on the East Coast. Definitely a recommended stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank karioka123

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear our staff was helpful and provided you with helpful information about the area. I sincerely hope that if your travels bring you this way again, you will stay with us.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two months while in Hillsboro for work. The location and some of the front desk staff were good. Beyond that, I will never return to this location. I had to talk to the manager several times about housekeeping leaving my room dirty. The manager assured me he would take care of it. I gave up after the third try. Later in my stay, the hotel started renovations. We were moved to a MUCH smaller room. Pounding started at 8 and went till 7. Again, the manager said they couldn't do anything about the constant noise because it was contractual work to get the remodel done. The painters set off the fire alarms five times during our stay. Each time we would have to leave, sometimes for hours at a time while the fire department tried to silence the alarms. Each time was at night and the temperature was in the 20s. The only help the manager offered here was helping me find another extended stay property to move to. They offered no other remedies.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank 5gypsies
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs properly, especially when it came to cleaning your room. I can assure you that cleanliness is something we take very seriously and I will be working with the staff to ensure we are doing a better job of servicing our guest rooms and inspecting them moving forward. As well, while we cannot always control the construction noise, I will look into different ways we can minimize it so that our future guests are not disturbed during their stays.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hll@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The bed had black hairs all over the blanket and some kind of questionable dried matter, I did receive a clean blanket when I requested it. The bed was hard as a rock and the refrigerator motor ran loudly all night, Overall a horrible experience

2  Thank Connie L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Connie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the blanket, bed, and refrigerator is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. After speaking with you on the phone, I discussed your comments with the team, and we have switched out the refrigerator. We have also altered our inspection process to include the blanket, and the Housekeeping department understands the importance as well. We are undergoing an upgrade of the hotel, at which time mattresses are also being replaced as needed, as indicated in your room. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at HLL@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

There are plenty of grocery stores nearby in walking distance, such as Safeway, Trader Joe's, and Dollar Tree. There are also American restaurants as well as Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese restaurants. You can find a Bank of America too. If you want, you can get a room with a kitchen, which is awesome.

About the service, you need to arrange a housekeeping day when checking in. I did it via telephone in my room, the people at front desk are nice.

Cons: Internet is really slow. There's no shampoo in room. There's a truck coming every morning at about 6:30 (probably picking up garbage, I did not check) and beeps a lot, which somehow bothers me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with StudentUniverse
1  Thank CassDD
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a satisfying stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the kitchens in our rooms, as well as the convenience of the surrounding businesses. I apologize for the truck in the morning. Also, we would be more than happy to provide you with shampoo, as we do have this available upon request at the front desk.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites Beaverton - Portland West
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court? Share your experiences!