Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Richland, Washington
“Not bad”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have stayed at various different extend stays on business trips and there weren't too many negatives about this one. The only one thing I would say is that the room smelled like a smokers room enough though it was non-smoking. Other than that the room was clean, I stayed here through hotwire so I got a stay rate of almost $40 a night, and for the value it was really good. If you are kind of visitor who just needs the place to crash at night and don't really care about the bells and whistles this is a great stopping point. fairly close to downtown portland and closer to the coast as well as compared to staying around tigard. i think they stock granola bars and fruit for breakfast too but nothing too fancy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderinggs
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at the Extended Stay America, Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. First, know we will be treating the room for the odor issue. We will have all items cleaned, including shampooing the carpet, as well as other treatments to eliminate the odor. I am also glad to read that you felt the value was well worth the money spent! Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was booked here for a business trip, the night before a big interview. Upon arrival, I was told due to high volume, I pushed into a smoking room. As a non-smoker, I was not very excited about this. So, I went to check out the room, and the smell was terrible as expected. But what I didn't expect was a room that was not cleaned. The sheets were balled up, trash left out on the table; I was afraid I had walked it on an occupant's room. When I went to tell the front desk clerk, she told me she, "was so sorry." That was it. I was not offered any alternatives. So, I traveled to another hotel, payed twice the price, but slept safe & sound. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sarah S
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at the Extended Stay America Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Know that I have fully investigated into this matter and have met with each involved staff member to discuss what we missed, what must improve and how to properly address these issues so all of our guests are always satisfied and well taken care of. I am sincerely sorry to have missed the opportunity to make it right with you. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and if there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Bartonville, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2013

For under $70 a night I have to say I am extremely impressed with this hotel. I was in a queen mini suite for 2 nights and first impressions of the room were great. I walked in and there was no 'budget hotel' smell, the room has plenty of space, there is a 2 burner stove, sink, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and medium sized fridge in the kitchenette, and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. I'm not sure if the hotel is new or newly renovated, but everything including the carpets are very clean, there are no chips in the wall paint, the beds are comfy, the internet speedy, the t.v. selection good, and the appliances look brand new. Even the decor isn't too bad. I haven't needed the heat/air, so I cannot comment as to how well that works. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. If I find myself back in town again for business (or pleasure) I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J_S_2011_S_J
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of the Extended Stay America-Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We strive to provide the best value. Knowing your room was fresh, clean and stocked with all the amenities needed let's us know we are doing what matters most and providing a "Home away from Home" experience. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We are glad you enjoyed our newly refreshed hotel. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Nice room. Work desk, flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, sink, 2 burner stove. Good level of finish for this room price. Overall room size is a little small, fine for a single or couple, but too small for more (e.g moving to the area with kids, not enough space to be here as a temp housing). Quiet area, quiet rooms, plenty of parking. Only a brief interaction with staff, very friendly and capable. Two downsides... 1) the matress was not great, disappointing since the rest of the room done to a decent standard. 2) truly an extended stay place, no daily service, so hang your towels, make your own bed, etc...

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OlyRanger
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. A lot of attention was given to refreshing our guest rooms and amenities. The kitchenette is very convenient and time saving and the new televisions are a nice touch. We specialize in rooms designed for all types of travelers for any length of stay. Know that we, as well as most of our properties, offer a variety of floor plans which might help make it more comfortable for longer stays and even families with children. I am happy to see that our room fit your needs. It is also a pleasure to read your brief interactions with my staff were friendly and capable. I am disappointed to read that your mattress was not as comfortable as it could have been and I will look to replacing this item. I also wanted to apologize for not communicating with you at check in that we do offer additional housekeeping services for a nominal fee. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 16 February 2013

A good place to stay for one night or longer. It is clean, quiet and well maintained and a good value for the price in the Portland area. It is especially good if you want to stay longer and cook your meals in. Good breakfast nearby.

Room Tip: We always pick upstairs so there are no heavy foots above us.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rpbh
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the Extended Stay America Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. It is great to hear that our clean rooms and friendly service meet your expectations. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I'm a regular customer for this hotel. However, I noticed that this place became the best under a new management " Extended Stay America". The rate per night seemed to be cheaper when I and my wife stayed there the weekend of Feb 9th and 10th. The rate became cheaper ~$66/night but the room's quality worthed more than the way it was. It even worthed more than other places that I used to stay and pay more than ninety dollars including tax.

(The non-smoking room in this place was extremely clean from carpet to bathroom floor. I believe it was just remodeled, and I would recommend anyone to try by themselves). We truly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in a non-smoking room upstairs on a second floor, the north side building facing to the str...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Boon P
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Beaverton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We are so excited to hear you love the changes we are making and the new look and feel of our Guest rooms! We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I've stayed here many times and it is by far the best hotel in Portland/Beaverton area. The rooms are always clean and the front desk goes above and beyond making sure I am always well taken care of. I have also found the best gyros I've ever tasted close to this location plus many other good food establishment. Overall a good find.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Beavertonvisit
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the Extended Stay America Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. It is great to hear that our clean rooms and friendly service meet your expectations. As you know we agree the local Gyro's are amazing and we are glad you like them too! Thank you for your compliments to our Hotel and Staff! Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.