Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip, room is dark and old. One of the stove wasn't working and the air conditioner was loud. Room wasn't cleaned, I had to clean it before I can stay. Staff was nice but not knowledgeable. Location wasn't bad but I really won't come back.

Room Tip: there's another extended stay near by which is by far nicer!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the room conditions that you experienced. These issues are simply unacceptable and will be addressed immediately. I will be speaking with my housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure that our equipment is functioning properly and each and every room is clean and upon the arrival of our valued guests, as they deserve nothing less than a beautiful, comfortable and meticulously kept room. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sce2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We started at Comfort Inn down the road on Hocken but didn't want to spend $100 a night for the two weeks we planned to be in Beaverton. So we took the bad reviews with a grain of salt and swung by for a look. We met Molly, a super perky, super nice desk clerk who told us about the deal, showed us a room and sold us on the place. We got a great deal and we LOVE this hotel! Nice little kitchenette, fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, plates, pots and pans, cups and flatware. The rooms are clean, well maintained. The complex is in a quiet neighborhood near Fred Meyer's, Les Schwab, Popeye's, Hometown Hero and McDonalds. Maid service once a week, but you can get fresh towels in the lobby or just wash them yourself with your clothes in the laundry room. Free internet, OK TV channel selection and wonderful clean and quiet grounds. Ignore the crappy reviews, this place is really nice!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us here at the Extended Stay America Portland/Beaverton. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best possible experience, at the best possible price, with the best possible customer service and value that the Extended Stay Hotels have to offer. It is the wonderful guests such as yourself that we aim to find and strive to keep.

Once again, thank you for your review and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I checked in very late because my flight was delayed. The check-in was easy and staff was nice. The room was horrible. The bathroom light did not work. The toilet paper holder was broken. There were not any shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom. Also, there were no drinking glasses in the room. Please choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachna N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Rachna - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you have described. In response to your feedback regarding the maintenance issues in the room, I assure you that these issues will be addressed immediately by my housekeeping and maintenance staff. As our valued guest, you certainly deserve better than that, and should we see you again in the future, I'm sure that you'll see that your experience was a rare exception that does not represent what we are about.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at sce2@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stay Three Nigths in This Hotel.
Good reception Staff, Room Clean and quiete place, new structure.
The position is close to HWY to Portland, that you can reach in few minutes.
The Kitchen was clean and is confortable have a place for some quick meals, we are tourist!
Refrigerator was clean and work well.
The bed was confortable.
Good choice for stay in beavorton or close to Portland
Roberto, Italy

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review! The staff and I are so happy to hear about your great visit with us here at the Extended Stay America - Beaverton. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

We work hard to ensure that we meet or exceed the standards we hold ourselves to, and more importantly, the standards that are valued guests hold us to. Our goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guests feel that they are at their "home away from home" when they are with us, and I am ecstatic to know that we have met that mark with you! It is so rewarding for us to hear the wonderful things that our customers have to say about our establishment, it's exactly what we strive for and what we flourish on.

Once again, thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Horrible! Checked in late after flying half the night (about 1:00 am) to start our vacation. Half the lights did not work, refrigerator had to be pulled away from walll to open - found filthy inside. "Kitchen" was dirty, no cups plates silverware sink backed up soon as water was turned on. Went to use bathroom sink the faucet was not even secured to the counter - pulled right out. Water backed up immediately, toilet barely flushed. Could not even take a showwer! Turned on air conditioner to find it very loud and would not stay on. Up until 4:30 to find someplace else to stay, left by 8:00 am. Do yourself a favor stay someplace else. The rate is decent but not even worth spending a dollar on this.

Room Tip: Recomend Peppertree and Homewood suites
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank C D

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

The general maintenance and housekeeping issues you described is strictly unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that thorough cleanliness and maintenance of our establishment is my very top priority. In the next coming weeks, there will be numerous changes being made to the way our hotel is managed to achieve smoother operations and an overall better experiences for our guests. Your comments will be reviewed by my entire team, and we will utilize your review as motivation to continue our beneficial changes and positive improvements to create a comfortable and clean "home away from home" for our valued guests. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. If you wish, please contact me, at sce@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

changed the room we booked,without any explain and apology. so what will be the "reservation" mean to us?!

staff is rude.

really not too much choices for breakfast. for sure, they already said "grab and go", even worse, the staff was kept saying:" don't take too much, save for others...". Image, we just take ONE muffin each! Provide enough breakfast for guests is hotel's responsibility, not asking guests to save for others.

all garbage bin are full and garbage scatted all around the ground. so disgusting....

never ever go again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DenisHBC

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was a mix up with your reservation and that our grab and go breakfast wasn't available.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at bil@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was attracted by the good rate but more importantly because it was a dog friendly hotel. I saw the bad reviews but thought, "Hey it can't be that bad", it was.

Check in took much longer than it should have because the woman at the front desk was giving turn by turn directions to someone on the phone. Great patience and customer service, but at some point she really should have put them on hold for a moment to check me in.

The room smelled terrible. It was musty and humid and basically felt like someone had just taken a hot shower. The drapes didn't really shut all the way unless you really forced them too because the rod was broken off of one.

There was thick, long, black hair everywhere. In the shower, on the toilet, on the floor, on the sheets. Really, how hard is it to rinse out a shower. The room did not feel clean at all.

There was never any parking near our room but there were also people roaming around the parking lot. One night we had to park near the street right under a sign that said the hotel wasn't responsible for theft. We didn't feel very comfortable with the parking situation.

The pros are easy accessibility to area restaurants and price but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ample parking near it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahcha

Sarah - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best possible experience while staying with us here, and I am so disappointed that we have missed that mark with you. Please accept my apology. Firstly, I am sorry that your check-in wasn't as quick as we'd like it to be. Each of our guests are valuable to us and we like to make sure that we focus on each guest one by one so that they have our undivided attention. I am sorry that my associate was not able to get to you any sooner, however, I do hope that her cheerful and friendly personality made up for it and that ultimately your check-in was thorough and efficient.

In regards to the parking situation, it is unfortunate that you were unable to find reasonable parking. Regrettably, sometimes when we are at full capacity, parking can be limited. I do apologize for that. As well, regarding your other comments, I discussed your review with my housekeeping and maintenance team, and we are making positive strides to ensure thorough cleanliness and maintenance of all our guest rooms, so that the experience you have described is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at sce@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.