“Good basic affordable hotel”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visiting family in Portland to help them move - needed affordable place to stay. Our preferred Marriott raises rates during the week for business guests and it was beyond our budget to stay there. Extended Stay worked well, room was very clean, had small basic kitchenette for 2 people. Bathroom was adequate except for fact that it was an accessible room and shower had no barrier so wheelchair could roll in. They put in a curved shower rod which put the curtain outside of the shower area; every time we took a shower, the water came out into the room. Bath towels are not changed daily, but are available at front desk,. They also are not picked up each day. We ended up with a pile of wet towels on the floor at the end of our 5-day stay. Even with this inconvenience, we would stay here again. There also is a self serve laundry on site, which is a nice feature.

Room Tip: Two story facility, no elevator, so if you don't want to lug your stuff up steps, ask for a firs...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Favorites
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased that our affordable rates worked for you and that we were able to provide you with a clean room that you enjoyed overall. Still, I do apologize that our housekeeping service did not adequately meet your needs. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel and services. Thank you again for your review. The staff and I look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I know plenty of people below me had complaints, and let's be honest... any establishment of any type will have a complaint even the Hilton. My experience was much better than what everyone else had.

Cleanliness - The room was very clean. No stains, no smells, no crumbs, nothing. It was exactly what I would have expected. The outside of the room, and property in general, was very well maintained. In fact it looked almost like a nice apartment complex rather than a hotel. The internet was a bit slow, but who cares really? I'm in Beaverton. I'm not in my room putzing around on the internet. I'm here to have a good time. The bathroom was clean with no stains, grime, hairs or anything. The faucet in the tub leaked pretty bad, but that's just a bit of maintenance versus cleanliness.

Service - I got in around 12:15 AM. I used the call box and the attendant was over in about two minutes. He was very friendly, quick and helpful. The girl I spoke to this morning upon check out was friendly and fast too. No complaints at all!

Bed/Sleep - The pillows ere soft, the sheets clean and the HVAC system worked great. I definitely enjoyed all of that. One area there was room for improvement would have been a softer bed. It was pretty stiff. Almost like soft bedding on top of box springs rather than a mattress.

Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Place is super quiet. No highly traveled roads really around it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank B R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Bryant – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was a bit unprofessional, which i didn't mind however an hour After arriving in my room someone used the card to open my door…..what a surprise! I called the front desk and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal, so I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: If safety is a priority than stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the unexpected visitor is simply unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know that this type of occurrence is not typical here. I will be sure to meet with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Wish I would have read some of these reviews before I decided to stay at the Beaverton Extended Stay AMerica. Room looked like it had not been used in awhile. Odor in the room furniture and carpeting looked old and worn. Kitchen was undersupplied and I was not using any of the dishes or utensils. They looked like they were not washed! There was no toilet paper in the bathroom! Lightbulbs were burned out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had a special surprise planned for my boyfriend that I requested to be delivered to our room upon check-in. The manager Dewey was extremely accommodating with my request, as well as very friendly--both when we spoke on the phone and when we met in person. I will be booking rooms at this Extended Stay in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I lived at Beaverton Extended Stay America for a year, while working in Hillsboro OR.
First I was looking for an apartment to rent, but you can't even compare the price discount, convenience, and friendly staff of Extended Stay to the rentals.
Place is safe, area is walkable - Safeway, Trader Joe's, Whole Food, malls and parks, gym and Nordstrom - everything within 5-7 min. by foot or 3 min. by car.

Almost felt at home.

Room Tip: Facing away from the street, toward the open grass space, oak trees and small creek.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have stayed at the Beaverton extended stay several times and it is always the same. Great location for us, fairly average clean rooms for my family, terrible undersupplied kitchen and bathrooms, and very unhelpful one person staffing. Check in is very slow and up to 30 minutes if you are 3rd in line. The first thing our family does when we check in to the room is to see what is missing in our kitchen and bathroom: we often only have a few forks, or we are missing a pot, there may be 3 plates and we need 4 etc. This time our toaster was missing. The single person at the front desk said she was too busy to deliver the toaster so we made our first trip to the office. Later that night we noticed water on the kitchen floor...the fridge was leaking. We used towels the entire 3 day weekend because "there was no maintenance person available until Tuesday". We had one tiny bar of soap for 4 people for the entire weekend for washing hands and body. There is no utensil or pot and pan scrubbers for these units. Would you eat off of their forks and spoons and drink out of their glasses? We don't. We bring plastic utensils now. And last, but not least, we made two trips to the office to get toilet paper!! We were stocked with a 1/4 roll of toilet paper. The front desk person would not deliver any toilet paper, because she was "the only person here" and could not leave. When we got to the office for our roll of toilet paper, she would only give us one roll!!! We had to return the next day for another roll when we were running low. Unbelievable, one roll of toilet paper per room at one time? Bottom line, perfect location and poor service. Bring your own supplies for the long weekend if you think about it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rgaf2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel; however, I am sorry that our staff was unable to fully meet your needs. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. I have met with our maintenance staff regarding the issues you encountered with your refrigerator to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

I hope that you will contact me directly, at sce@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.