“No hassle stay”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Wallowa, Oregon, United States
“No hassle stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here three nights while visiting my children. After days with restless kids it was great to come back to the quiet at night, and sleep in if I wanted to. I had not far to drive. The breakfast offerings were spartan, but most complementary ones are similar.
The room was quiet and clean, and I even liked that the housekeeping didn't disturb me, coming only after a 7-night stay.
The only problem was the parking. When I came in at night all the parking places near my room were full.

Room Tip: Best to stay on ground floor if coming in at night and lugging stuff in and out, as you may have to...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so pleased to read that your room was clean and quiet, and that you appreciated our non-intrusive housekeeping policy. Still, we apologize that it was difficult to find parking spots close to your room during your stay. I will be meeting with my staff to discuss strategies to prevent this issue from happening in the future. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sce@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this extended stay in Beaverton until my apartment was ready in Portland. It was completely adequate and very clean.
The front desk went above and beyond to make sure I could combine two reservations (I had to reserve one night myself and a company had reserved 3 nights for me after that) so I didn't have to move rooms. The kitchenette was stocked and completely functional. I think I could have been comfortable here for much longer than 4 nights. My only complaint was the walls seemed a bit thin so you could definitely hear your neighbors quite a bit. Also, as a female traveling alone, I am not a huge fan of having hotels of the style where your door goes directly to the outside (versus an inside hallway). That being said, I had no issues and was completely comfortable the entire time while feeling safe.
There was not a fitness room, but they apparently offer a discount on one of the fitness places nearby. I didn't take advantage of this.
They had coffee in the lobby and breakfast items to grab in the morning (bananas, granola bars, muffins), but no hot breakfast.
I'm honestly not sure if they had a pool or not.
They do allow pets in some rooms. Again, a non issue for me, so i'm not sure of the charges etc. associated with that.
Smoking and non smoking rooms are available.
They only do housekeeping every 7 days, so if that is an issue for you take it into consideration. they will exchange your towels as often as you would like at the front desk which was good enough for me!
The location is great in that you are very close to a LOT of stuff. Not necessarily walking distance, but a very easy drive (maybe 5-10 minutes) There was a target, walmart, office supply stores, trader joes, fred myer and a ton of restaurants as well. There was also shopping such as Old Navy, etc.
Overall I would recommend this as a good place to stay, although I do usually prefer to stay a bit closer to the city. It was accessible to interstate and not a terrible drive into portland, although I find the traffic into (and out of... and around) Portland terrible overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our facilities and the amenities that we have to offer. We are especially glad that you received excellent customer service from our staff and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Farmington Hills, MI
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here for one night. It was conveniently located and had a low price. I found it via Kayak and when I read ‘extended stay’ I thought it would be something like a Courtyard by Marriott or Candelwood Suites. It said free wifi and breakfast; what else could you want?

The wifi is glacially slow. I ran tests and it was consistently running from .29MB to .37MB. Yes, that’s right; but you can upgrade if you want to pay more. The breakfast was ‘grab & go’ meaning coffee, granola bars, apples & hot cereal packets (see photo). I assumed (incorrectly) that a typical breakfast (juices, toast, eggs, USA Today) was offered and the ‘grab & go’ was an additional offer (other extended stay hotels offer it). I translate ‘grab & go’ to ‘grab & get out’ because the lobby is only a few square feet in size and no chairs.

The room was about 12’ x 20’ and that included the bathroom, kitchen, queen bed, dresser, lounge chair, closet, side table; not much ‘walking around’ room. It was spartanly furnished with no tissues, shampoo or drain stopper in the sink (remember to be careful when putting in your contact lenses). The towels were thin and there was a cigarette burn on the toilet seat. If you’re staying fewer than 8 nights, you can exchange towels and linens from the front desk or pay extra for that service to be provided.

The air conditioner had a mind of its own; it quit working at 11:30 PM. There was nothing I could do to resuscitate it but then it started up again later; the same cycle all night. Because the refrigerator is only a few feet from the bed, the compressor is loud and the motor vibration caused shelves to vibrate.

This is not a hotel/motel like Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn or Comfort/Choice Inns. It’s not an extended stay hotel like Courtyard. It’s a very basic, furnished micro –apartment with a good price; they charge for anything beyond the basics. I presume that this is the model for the entire chain. The good things I can mention are a comfortable bed, good choice of pillows, very soft water and FoxNews on the TV. There is a medical facility near-by and this might be a place for families and patients to stay or serve as a ‘home base’ for workers who are on temporary assignment and just need a place to crash. It’s my mistake for reading about free wifi and breakfast and thinking it was a Courtyard or similar extended stay hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with our free Wi-Fi, our grab-and-go breakfast and the size of your room. As well, I am sorry for the issues you encountered with your air conditioner and refrigerator. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or at any of our other brand locations in the future.
Yakima
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Needed a single night in Beaverton and found the Extended Stay on 158th receptive. Place was BUSY on Saturday night but front desk person worked efficiently to serve the customers. Rooms are set up with mini- kitchens for longer stays, but fit our needs perfectly. Room was clean, all in good working order. Low cost but still provide a light coffee/ juice/sweet rolls breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our recent stay here was a convenient location, close to family. Our room was adequately furnished for the amount of time we were there. It was a bit small, but with just the two of us we were just fine. My only real concern was the lack of selection for the continental breakfast. Other than that, it was a fine arrangement for us.

Room Tip: make sure to get a room with enough space!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Stephen - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read your great remarks about your room and our hotel's location. However, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As we continue to improve this offering, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sce@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visiting family in Portland to help them move - needed affordable place to stay. Our preferred Marriott raises rates during the week for business guests and it was beyond our budget to stay there. Extended Stay worked well, room was very clean, had small basic kitchenette for 2 people. Bathroom was adequate except for fact that it was an accessible room and shower had no barrier so wheelchair could roll in. They put in a curved shower rod which put the curtain outside of the shower area; every time we took a shower, the water came out into the room. Bath towels are not changed daily, but are available at front desk,. They also are not picked up each day. We ended up with a pile of wet towels on the floor at the end of our 5-day stay. Even with this inconvenience, we would stay here again. There also is a self serve laundry on site, which is a nice feature.

Room Tip: Two story facility, no elevator, so if you don't want to lug your stuff up steps, ask for a firs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Favorites
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased that our affordable rates worked for you and that we were able to provide you with a clean room that you enjoyed overall. Still, I do apologize that our housekeeping service did not adequately meet your needs. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel and services. Thank you again for your review. The staff and I look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I know plenty of people below me had complaints, and let's be honest... any establishment of any type will have a complaint even the Hilton. My experience was much better than what everyone else had.

Cleanliness - The room was very clean. No stains, no smells, no crumbs, nothing. It was exactly what I would have expected. The outside of the room, and property in general, was very well maintained. In fact it looked almost like a nice apartment complex rather than a hotel. The internet was a bit slow, but who cares really? I'm in Beaverton. I'm not in my room putzing around on the internet. I'm here to have a good time. The bathroom was clean with no stains, grime, hairs or anything. The faucet in the tub leaked pretty bad, but that's just a bit of maintenance versus cleanliness.

Service - I got in around 12:15 AM. I used the call box and the attendant was over in about two minutes. He was very friendly, quick and helpful. The girl I spoke to this morning upon check out was friendly and fast too. No complaints at all!

Bed/Sleep - The pillows ere soft, the sheets clean and the HVAC system worked great. I definitely enjoyed all of that. One area there was room for improvement would have been a softer bed. It was pretty stiff. Almost like soft bedding on top of box springs rather than a mattress.

Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Place is super quiet. No highly traveled roads really around it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Bryant – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!