“One Month Stay Excellent!”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
“One Month Stay Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. From the very first day checking in until the very last day...wonderful! Very peaceful and serene location.Staff was very nice and attentive. Hotel is centrally located to dining and businesses around Beaverton. Hotel grounds are clean and manicured very secure and peacefull.Our month stay was very enjoyable while we looked for a home here in Beaverton. From hotel manager to janitors and grounds keepers , all very attentive and kind . Rooms were superb, furniture quite nice.Flat screen TV , kitchenette full size fridge and comfortable beds.If ever in Portland I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable relaxing stay!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Rafael, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Dirty silverware in the drawer. Missing bath mat, soap, and pots, pans. Broken closet shelf. Broken door lock. Lamp unplugged from wall switch. Requested pots/pans, but they never came. Room smells foul.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ricki S
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Quiet, clean, and very user friendly floor plans. Management accommodated our request for a room away from any pets.
Laundry room is clean, and inexpensive to use.
The gas BBQ was good, except the large one which needed a new grill.
Can't beat the price for a good value

Room Tip: We requested an upper floor (there are only 2 floors) and a room away from pets..no problem
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Gary - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our user friendly floor plans and our clean, inexpensive laundry room. We are very happy to know that you were able to take advantage of our amenities during your stay and that you appreciated the convenience.

Wallowa, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here three nights while visiting my children. After days with restless kids it was great to come back to the quiet at night, and sleep in if I wanted to. I had not far to drive. The breakfast offerings were spartan, but most complementary ones are similar.
The room was quiet and clean, and I even liked that the housekeeping didn't disturb me, coming only after a 7-night stay.
The only problem was the parking. When I came in at night all the parking places near my room were full.

Room Tip: Best to stay on ground floor if coming in at night and lugging stuff in and out, as you may have to...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so pleased to read that your room was clean and quiet, and that you appreciated our non-intrusive housekeeping policy. Still, we apologize that it was difficult to find parking spots close to your room during your stay. I will be meeting with my staff to discuss strategies to prevent this issue from happening in the future. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sce@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this extended stay in Beaverton until my apartment was ready in Portland. It was completely adequate and very clean.
The front desk went above and beyond to make sure I could combine two reservations (I had to reserve one night myself and a company had reserved 3 nights for me after that) so I didn't have to move rooms. The kitchenette was stocked and completely functional. I think I could have been comfortable here for much longer than 4 nights. My only complaint was the walls seemed a bit thin so you could definitely hear your neighbors quite a bit. Also, as a female traveling alone, I am not a huge fan of having hotels of the style where your door goes directly to the outside (versus an inside hallway). That being said, I had no issues and was completely comfortable the entire time while feeling safe.
There was not a fitness room, but they apparently offer a discount on one of the fitness places nearby. I didn't take advantage of this.
They had coffee in the lobby and breakfast items to grab in the morning (bananas, granola bars, muffins), but no hot breakfast.
I'm honestly not sure if they had a pool or not.
They do allow pets in some rooms. Again, a non issue for me, so i'm not sure of the charges etc. associated with that.
Smoking and non smoking rooms are available.
They only do housekeeping every 7 days, so if that is an issue for you take it into consideration. they will exchange your towels as often as you would like at the front desk which was good enough for me!
The location is great in that you are very close to a LOT of stuff. Not necessarily walking distance, but a very easy drive (maybe 5-10 minutes) There was a target, walmart, office supply stores, trader joes, fred myer and a ton of restaurants as well. There was also shopping such as Old Navy, etc.
Overall I would recommend this as a good place to stay, although I do usually prefer to stay a bit closer to the city. It was accessible to interstate and not a terrible drive into portland, although I find the traffic into (and out of... and around) Portland terrible overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our facilities and the amenities that we have to offer. We are especially glad that you received excellent customer service from our staff and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Farmington Hills, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here for one night. It was conveniently located and had a low price. I found it via Kayak and when I read ‘extended stay’ I thought it would be something like a Courtyard by Marriott or Candelwood Suites. It said free wifi and breakfast; what else could you want?

The wifi is glacially slow. I ran tests and it was consistently running from .29MB to .37MB. Yes, that’s right; but you can upgrade if you want to pay more. The breakfast was ‘grab & go’ meaning coffee, granola bars, apples & hot cereal packets (see photo). I assumed (incorrectly) that a typical breakfast (juices, toast, eggs, USA Today) was offered and the ‘grab & go’ was an additional offer (other extended stay hotels offer it). I translate ‘grab & go’ to ‘grab & get out’ because the lobby is only a few square feet in size and no chairs.

The room was about 12’ x 20’ and that included the bathroom, kitchen, queen bed, dresser, lounge chair, closet, side table; not much ‘walking around’ room. It was spartanly furnished with no tissues, shampoo or drain stopper in the sink (remember to be careful when putting in your contact lenses). The towels were thin and there was a cigarette burn on the toilet seat. If you’re staying fewer than 8 nights, you can exchange towels and linens from the front desk or pay extra for that service to be provided.

The air conditioner had a mind of its own; it quit working at 11:30 PM. There was nothing I could do to resuscitate it but then it started up again later; the same cycle all night. Because the refrigerator is only a few feet from the bed, the compressor is loud and the motor vibration caused shelves to vibrate.

This is not a hotel/motel like Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn or Comfort/Choice Inns. It’s not an extended stay hotel like Courtyard. It’s a very basic, furnished micro –apartment with a good price; they charge for anything beyond the basics. I presume that this is the model for the entire chain. The good things I can mention are a comfortable bed, good choice of pillows, very soft water and FoxNews on the TV. There is a medical facility near-by and this might be a place for families and patients to stay or serve as a ‘home base’ for workers who are on temporary assignment and just need a place to crash. It’s my mistake for reading about free wifi and breakfast and thinking it was a Courtyard or similar extended stay hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with our free Wi-Fi, our grab-and-go breakfast and the size of your room. As well, I am sorry for the issues you encountered with your air conditioner and refrigerator. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or at any of our other brand locations in the future.
Yakima
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Needed a single night in Beaverton and found the Extended Stay on 158th receptive. Place was BUSY on Saturday night but front desk person worked efficiently to serve the customers. Rooms are set up with mini- kitchens for longer stays, but fit our needs perfectly. Room was clean, all in good working order. Low cost but still provide a light coffee/ juice/sweet rolls breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple