“Good food. Stretched wait staff”
Review of Thai Bloom

Thai Bloom
Ranked #2 of 429 Restaurants in Beaverton
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai Bloom brings the beauty, exquisite cuisine, and warm hospitality from the "Land of Smiles" to the Portland metro area. Whether you come for a spirited Happy Hour or a comfortable meal with friends, family, or colleagues, you'll enjoy the quiet elegance of our bar and dining areas as you feast on wonderful food. We also provide catering, take-out, online ordering, and delivery services. Vegan and gluten-free options available. No MSG added. Free WiFi.
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The food is good and authentic. The location is in a type of business park. The only or main issue is that this place seems to be way too short staffed in the wait staff department. Take out is a good idea.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Tucked in an odd place in a small shopping center next door to a much larger restaurant that is now for lease- it did not look promising at first. We were craving Asian food and this was the closest place to where we were shopping. Was greeted as we walked into what turned out to be the bar side of the restaurant. It had bar seating and indoor as well as outdoor seating (OK, you were looking at a parking lot) but the decor was pleasant enough and much hipper than many Thai restaurants. The waiter let us know it was happy hour all Sunday (rest of the week is 4-6 PM) Other than drink specials, they had a special food menu. We opted for that and sat with our children in the bar area. The menu consisted of 1/2 sized servings of some of the regular offerings including everything from spring rolls to Pad Thai noodles, satay,a soup and limited other dishes. Everything was elegantly presented and as my husband noted all had distinct and crisp flavors. It all seemed very freshly made. We ordered 6 dishes between 2 adults and two kids that we shared and finished not leaving a single bite. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had heard that former Typhoon employees started Thai Bloom, so we chose to try it on our trip to Oregon from Arizona. The food was outstanding! We were there early on a Monday evening, but found the place packed, beyond what the staff anticipated. As a result, the service was less than prompt, but the food worth the wait! We will definitely go there again the next time we are visiting family in town.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were a party of 3 traveling on business. After reading the other reviews I had great hopes of finding a really great place. When we arrived the hostess was checking out a regular for a to go order and left us standing for several minutes before even acknowledging we arrived. After she seated us the first thing I noticed was that the pates in front of me were dirty, they had a sheen of old grease and a couple of hairs stuck to them. When I asked for a replacement it was given without comment or apology. The menu was extensive and we each ordered something different. We started with miang kum and it was awesome! So at this point I thought we were really in for a treat and was willing to put the indifferent treatment by the hostess and the dirty plate behind us. Then the Thai Bloom sampler arrived and it was average at best. The mains arrived quickly and the presentation of the ChooChee Catfish was nice and it tasted great, it was the best main by far, except for one problem. After I had eaten most of the dish I find that the sticker with the product code is still stuck to one of the pieces of green pepper at the bottom of the dish. So I know the vegetables were not washed before prep and that coupled with the dirty plate and indifferent service makes me afraid I might be in for some gastro distress later. The Massaman Beef was overly sweet and under spiced even though we asked for it to be very spicy.

TLDR: not clean/indifferent service/ possible lack of care during food prep

1  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The food here is amazing. I eat here at least twice a month. They are excellent at accommodating the gluten free crowd.