“Doubletree By Hilton- Excellant Experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We found our stay wonderful in every way. Clean, comfortable, safe. Friendly, professional staff. Warm fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, pool and hot tub great. No hidden fees! Easy to find. Conveniently located.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Valued Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! I'm happy to see that you had a great experience with us. I appreciate your business, and hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Being in Portland for the weekend I decided to give this recently reflagged property a chance to show me what it was like. Once a Phoenix Inn and Suites, a locally-based hotel with a few properties in the area, it was reflagged to a Doubletree by Hilton. I read reviews and it seemed by this time that the property had been renovated, including guest rooms. I booked a king room. Check in was quick and efficient, and included the gooey DT cookie!

I found it interesting that a small "half wall", about two feet high remained from the prior brand. The bed seemed to be cramped in the area where it sat, and in the sitting area was wasted space. It would have made sense to get rid of the wall to open up the entire space and not have a divided feeling. I think the prior property called this particular room a "suite". NOT! It just appears to be. That was my only complaint. The bed and linens were incredible and wonderful! I didn't want to get out of bed!

The "breakfast" that is served is basically a limited continental. There is a menu but was not offered one. One thing I found interesting was a sign at the front desk that a $5 charge is automatically added to your room bill for "breakfast". I didn't ask if one could opt out as I am a HiltonHHonors Gold and breakfast is a perk. The breakfast bar offering is simply not worth $5. One complaint about the service, I had gotten my breakfast items, limited as they were, and taken them to a table. I went back to get juice and coffee and upon returning to my table I discovered it had been cleared. An employee could sense I was not happy and did apologize, but that was all. I guess I was just irritated about the situation. The area was busy but that simply is no excuse in my book. I wasn't about to leave any kind of a tip for that "experience". I Must say the breakfast buffet at Hilton Garden Inn's far exceed what this property serves.

This Doubletree Hotel by Hilton doesn't seem to be a standard Doubletree that I've known for years. Granted, when you reflag a property from one that was not totally a full-service hotel, it's a challenge. I'm curious why Doubletree/Hilton selected this property (and one in Salem, OR) to reflag.

The setting is directly off US Hwy 26, a major east-west high into Portland (east) and to the Oregon coast (west). It's quiet despite being along Hwy 26. If you want to go into Portland, park at the nearby Sunset Transit Center and take MAX (light rail) blue or red line. You'll come into the heart of the city in minutes. There's even a stop at the Oregon Zoo! The red line will take you all the way to Portland International Airport (PDX).

Overall this was a good stay, despite the problem at breakfast. I will consider this hotel for future stays based on rates. Nearby is a Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn, which have excellent weekend rates.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dale S

Dale,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! It looks like, overall, you had a good experience with us. We have definitely learned a lot on how to be more of a True DoubleTree by Hilton as the months have passed. We have upgraded our breakfast line, extensively, over the past few months. I hope that if we have the opportunity to host you again, that you will be able to see the wonderful changes we made! Please keep in touch and let me know the next time you are in town. Breakfast is on me!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a nice small hotel that has free breakfast, free internet, and free parking. All those free things make this hotel even better. The hotel looks nice too and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is close to the freeway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Sara,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! I'm so glad to see that you had a great experience with us. I appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on future visits!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The room was nice but the building felt more like a motel. Next to a really nice residential street/area that we can jog on. Definitely did not feel like the Hilton. Lots of nicer places in around Portland that we have stayed in the past.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel2Food

Valued Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I appreciate that you enjoyed your room with us, but am definitely concerned over the "motel" feeling that you described. Upon renovating the hotel in November 2012, our ownership group invested over $3mil. into the location. If you have the opportunity, I would love to speak with you regarding your experience, and any suggestions you might have to keep us from feeling like a motel.

Thank you for staying with us! I hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We have stayed at this building before it was a DoubleTree. Yes new paint and beds! Same old tired place with the same kind of service. I'm sure they will fix the problems in the future. I will not take the chance again too many other hotels in the area that will meet your expectations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I think we may have talked previously regarding your concerns. As with all DoubleTree by Hilton hotels, we are unique to the brand itself. We have definitely made leaps and bounds in our service, as well as other amenities. Our hotel is currently ranked in the top 10% in customer service out of the entire 283 property brand! I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and that your travels might bring you back our way.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed one night. It was a great hotel. They served hot fresh cookies :) The hotel rooms were clean. The receptionist was very warm and welcoming. The spa was out of order during out stay but the pool was nice. We had 3 kids with us. They put us on the 3rd floor with no one next to us, thankfully because my 15 month old is a cry baby....Over all it was a pleasant stay and I would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I traveled from Naples FL to Portland OR and attended the wedding of a very close friend. This newly renovated property, formerly a Phoenix Inn, was the hotel chosen by the bride and groom as affordable, centrally located, and recommended for our stay. It measured up with helpful staff, good food, newly renovated rooms and furniture, clean and safe. We can recommend with confidence.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!