“Double Tree converted from Phoenix Inn”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Staff were wonderful, room & amenities in it very good. Having stayed before when hotel was Phoenix Inn, we were used to the very same breakfast that now costs $9.95 as complimentary. They have downgraded the quality, use smaller containers for waffle batter and do NOT offer coffee in the lobby without being charged the $9.95 for breakfast. In addition, Starbucks coffee is available but at an additional charge. This is unacceptable, particularly in Portland, OR where it is not usual to charge for coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank K R S
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear KRS,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your most recent visit. I understand having stayed with us so many times before as a Phoenix Inn that our transition has some unexpected uncertainties. I appreciate your comments, and will see what kind of flexibility we have with our brand to help honor your requests. I think having coffee available 24/7 is definitely in the relm of possibilities! I'd love to have you back, and continue to earn your trust as a DoubleTree by Hilton. Let me know when you might be back in town, and i'll make sure that breakfast/coffee is on me!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location right off the Sunset Highway outside Portland. Highway takes you into Portland or into Beaverton/Hillsboro if you are a business traveller and don't want to be in the middle of a huge city.

Renee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your most recent visit. I'm glad that we were able to help enhance your trip with our convenient location! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Beautiful remodel of a what had been a run down Phoenix Inn. Staff were particularly helpful and friendly. Three other families stayed with us for a swim meet our kids were in. Swim meets start early and when the staff learned that we would be needing breakfast 30 min earlier than scheduled they immediately offered to open up the breakfast buffet a half hour early for us when they heard of our need.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to see that you were accomodated, and am glad that we had most of our breakfast ready for you early! Good luck on your future meets, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Old Phoenix hotel with a very clean room, and nice interior remodel. Can't beat a Starbucks in the lobby! Very friendly staff, with rooms that smell just clean(no deodorizer) . Will be staying again, and would highly recommend!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great service, very clean and updated rooms, right off the freeway and easy access to shopping, zoo and other Portland sights. The employees are exceptional, so kind and very helpful. We also like the outside area, grass, picnic tables etc. In all you can't beat the Doubletree properties!

1  Thank Judy B
Matt S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with Tripadvisor! I'm glad to see that we are your home away from home, as that is our goal with all of our guests. I will make sure to pass along your good thoughts to our staff regarding their service as well. Thank you for being our guest! I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

we were just spending the night, after 2 days in portland and on our way to Seattle. the room we received was huge, comfy and relaxing. the bed was hidden behind the living room wall so we had a lot of space. the mattress was so comfortable, and we had a great night sleep! there was some kids sport group, and I thought I'll hear them more but we were in the last room in the floor so all was quite. the breakfast was as usual in hotels, some cereals, fruits, bagels and jam- didn't need more. it is very close to the hwy so getting up in the morning and starting the day was easy. we usually stay in doubletree hotels around the country, and this one was very good!

Room Tip: ask for a side room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amiroi

Dear Amiroi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We appreciate you staying with us, and are glad that you had such a great stay. I wish you safe travels, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My only "stand-out" pet peeve is stop corralling all the guests onto one floor, all right next door to one another. When there are obviously more than one level to the hotel, why on Earth do they constantly cluster all the guests onto one floor, all right next door to each other. We had a late check-in, 10 p.m., and after a 12 hour day of flying, we hoped to fall into a deep sleep, and wake up late the next morning. To our dismay, we were awakened by a family of 5 right next door to us. Children running up and down the hall, slamming doors, yelling. Where am I, the local motel 6? I didn't pay this much money for all the noise. With a 4 story hotel, why are all of the guests on 1 floor, next to one another?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Tripadvisor member,

I want to take the time to thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel with Tripadvisor! I understand that having other people close to you can be frustrating sometimes, especially after a long day of travel. I apologize that we were not able to give you a better night sleep. I would love to hear if there is anything I can do to make it right for you. You are welcome to reach out to me here at the hotel, and I would be happy to help with any compensation for that evening.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you as our guest in the future.
Matt Smith - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Courtyard Portland Beaverton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!