“Great experience!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Ottawa, Canada
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had a great experience with this hotel. I was there for a business trip and all I needed was provided by the hotel. There was a nice desk in the room so I have been to work efficiently and the free internet was very stable. THe bed was also very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jared_Kam_AGM, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Hugo H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and that our oversize desk gave you ample space to work. Looking forward to having you as our guest again soon!

DoubleTree by Hilton Portland-Beaverton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I called and asked about vacancy for a 2 double/queen bed room. She said there were a couple of rooms. I am not a fan of giving credit card info over the phone. So we got here within 7 minutes and imagine that, there were no rooms like that available. Rooms must sell out fast in 7 minutes! So we got a 1 king room. Went to the room and it was dirty. It stunk and hadn't been cleaned yet. So got another room. It was cleaned but there were fingernail clippings in the sink and the chair was really dirty. Little leary of the rest of the room... If I had another choice, I wouldn't have stayed here. I will never again, that's for sure! By the way, I am not a snob but like to stay in some place that is clean.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jared_Kam_AGM, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced and have followed up with my teams to ensure that this does not happen in the future. In addition, I have sent you a message with my personal contact information to make it right for you. Your experience does not represent the high standard we strive for in our hotel and I will do what I can to earn your future business.

Cedarburg, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice hotel, but the air conditioner was on its last legs by the second night of my stay. Air was not on upon arrival, room was very warm and a bit stale. Next time, I will test our the conditioning immediately. Other than that, good value, nice staff.

Dear David H.,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize about the A/C issue you experienced and have worked with our chief engineer to have the unit replaced, ensuring a cool stay for you the next time you stay with us. If your travels bring you to the Beaverton area, drop me a line - I'd love to buy you an appetizer or a drink at our PressNW Bistro for the inconvenience you experienced this time!

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel is old, dirty. Lobby and bar area have been renovated and rooms have been renovated to an extent. My room smelled awful of smoke even though it was a non smoking hotel. Tub was stained and dirty. For $200.00/night really disappointing. Air conditioner was really loud, housekeeping didn't empty garbage or replenish coffee supplies. Overall...yuck!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
1 Thank gwjnyc
Dear gwjnyc,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay; though we do everything in our control to ensure that our rooms are kept 100% smoke free we sometimes do have to treat our rooms for smoke damage, and I am sorry that this treatment did not fully bring the room to its original state. In addition, I am sorry that your room was not fully cleaned while you were here with us. I have forwarded your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that these issues are rectified for our future guests. If your travels bring you back to the Beaverton area I would love to have an opportunity to make it right for you and ensure your complete satisfaction.

Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am so glad that I decided to stay at this hotel! The location was great. It's right off the freeway, but the noise wasn't an issue. It's a quick drive to different shopping centers/malls and restaurants. Front desk staff was pleasant, cookies upon check in we're yummy, plus check in and check out process was pretty quick. Our room was spacious and I liked the fact there was a sofa for us to stretch out on. Of course, there are little things that made it a little less than perfect - there were big gaps in the base around the carpet and a couple of mystery stains on the bedspread and ottomans (hopefully just coffee). I've only stayed at a couple of other Doubletrees in different areas, but this one if definitely the best one yet. No doubt that we'll stay here again when we are back in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear OregonJen2013,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so happy that we have earned your future business and are honored to earn the distinction of being the best DoubleTree you've stayed at! [P.S. We hope to maintain that ranking as you stay at more locations as well :-)]

Looking forward to welcoming you back with yummy, warm chocolate chip walnut cookies!

Cumming, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is in a nice location, away from downtown Portland, but in very close proximity to businesses (corporate office) and many restaurants. The hotel staff were very accommodating and efficient with breakfast food being filled and keeping it fresh & hot. The bar tender was very nice & personable. The rooms were immaculate & very comfy.

Dear Dawn M,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and both our morning and evening PressNW teams were delighted to see your positive feedback! Glad you found our location convenient for you, and we will look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Chicago
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We used the hotel as a base for day trips to mountains and beaches. The location is perfect for that, right off 26. The area around the hotel was convenient to many restaurants and shopping. The trip into Portland was 10 minutes. The hotel staff was friendly at all times, and very helpful. Our room was clean and offered everything we could want, though the air conditioner was really noisy. Although we could hear the highway and other guests banging doors, the hotel was quiet enough to offer a good night's sleep. The maid service was exemplary. Breakfast was just so-so. We got it free, so no complaints. The only thing I wished for was a nice outdoor pool to enjoy during the warm summer season. There was a decent indoor pool, however. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator. Bottom floor smells like cookies and waffles.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ddbastian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#6 of 12 in Beaverton
Courtyard Portland Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton? Share your experiences!