“An old-time place with an old-time feel.”

Nonna Emilia Ristorante
Ranked #17 of 392 Restaurants in Beaverton
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aloha, Oregon
“An old-time place with an old-time feel.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've been a patron of Nonna Emilia Ristorante for as long as I can remember, and I've rarely had any complaints about the place.

My wife, on the other hand, doesn't like the sauce. She thinks it's slightly on the bland side, and I can see where she might get that idea. Comparing the sauce to another Italian restaurant in the area named Giovanni's is going to give you the idea that the spaghetti and pizza sauce at Nonna Emilia's indeed is lacking in taste.

Other than that, though, everything else about the place is good. The portions, while having gotten smaller over the decades, are still decent. The pizza is what brings my wife back over and over. The Anti-Pasta Salad is nice, large, not as large as it used to be, but still very large, especially if you order it to go, and realize that you seem to be getting a lot more than if you ate it there. The Minnestroni Soup is to die for (and consequently, how I learned to eat cabbage without barfing), and the Calzone is bigger than my head, so it makes for fantastic left overs.

The atmosphere is dark in this place, giving it an old time feel that has worked for the place.

It's a very nice place to go.

Visited February 2014

oregon
“Cold, bad food . . . . in ample portions.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Total Domination IPA was good. The Widmer wiesen beer was good. The little hors-douvre plate was good.

But the Calzone and Tortalini was served cold. I mean room temperature was warmer than either dish.

The thing here is the portion size is huge.

We like large portions, but not large portions of bad food. Not only cold but bland and funky.

Up and down all night after just a few bites of that calzone.

Every table had food to take home. Apparently, this is the positive to this place. In our case, ours went to the dogs.

6 NFL linemen couldn't drag me back into that place.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank beergardenboy
Lihue, Hawaii
“Worst Italian food I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have wanted to eat here for the longest time because I had heard this place was fantastic. Wish I would've passed. We ordered the veal. It was horrible. It didn't have any taste or flavor. The only good thing was that the portion was generous, but who would want to eat the crappy leftovers? The pasta that was served with this dish was not prepared al dente. The entire meal tasted like a frozen meal that the cook thawed out and reheated.
The restaurant itself looks outdated--like they haven't redecorated since Nonna Amelia was in the kitchen.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank HappyinHawaii2013
Arsy, France
“average food with stupidly large portions”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

we came here as it was recommended - it was very busy and a bit to rustic for my liking, looked a bit old and grubby

there was lots of options and i picked the gnoochi, it came with a salad and some salami etc

when the food came out it was a massive plate of food, far too much for one person, same for the rest of the people at my table, and they also were given a plate of pasta with sauce too

it was just ok, nothing special, the gnoochi was heavy and not fluffy, the sauce was a standard tomato sauce, it really was average and everyone on my table had the same opinion of their meal too

it was all to much and too average - it was cheap but nothing special

dont really get the hype about this place, maybe its because you can feed yourselves on the doggybag for 3 days afterwards

• Visited November 2013
Thank poe.tuesday
Sherwood, OR
“Everybody loves their Pizza”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My boyfriend and I order pizza from here occasionally and did so recently. His whole family loves it. They couldn't quit raving about it. I think it's very good, but it's not my fave. However, everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to pizza. I still eat and enjoy it. I just wanted to let reviewers know that everyone I know LOVES it. And it is very good. All from scratch and nice and fresh. When you call in an order and go pick it up - they could not be more helpful and friendly. Great service. I had my boyfriend get me the Pesto Caesar salad. It was phenomenal. The croutons were so wonderful, the lettuce was fresh and the pesto dressing was SOOOOO good. So glad to see that restaurant is still going strong after all these years. I hope to get in here again (it's been years) and have a sit down meal - like some great pasta!

• Visited July 2013