“A small restaurant with great menu”

Thailand Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 449 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had lunch at this place on our recent trip to Portland. We had no prior knowledge of this restaurant but just decided to try as it was next door to our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with the service and the food. We liked the crab fried rice, pineapple fried rice (with shrimp), green curry (tofu) and the veg soup. The service was prompt and the place had a nice homely feeling.

1  Thank Ashok D

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Baby sitting the grandkids and didn't want to cook. Ordered Thai from Thailand and was pleasantly surprised. Pad Thai was average, but the Penang curry was delicious. Will gladly go back.

1  Thank hotdipp
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I was here 2 weeks ago with a friend and loved both dishes we tried. This time I went back with my spouse and son and we were all mildly disappointed. Food was just average and it was served tepid, not hot. Spice level was accurate, but I like my food served piping HOT! The best thing this time was the Coconut Shrimp from the appetizer menu. They were delicious and a great deal at 6 large shrimp for $6! We may come back, but if it proves inconsistent, it may be the last time.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Prices are average. Food is not great. They need to cut back on the broccoli. Had to search for pineapple in pineapple fried rice. They simply added crushed red pepper and paprika when I asked for more spicy. Khao soi and cashew curry used to be excellent but last trip left me disappointed. I was fishing out large unappealing leaves from soup (I asked for no meat, tofu or broccoli, so I must have left them with no other choices to add to the dish I guess).

Service could use a little up-training. My coconut juice came with a piece of plastic in there. You may have to wait some time to get your food on a busy day. And walking up to the counter will probably get you your check faster.

The Thai Orchid in Tanasbourne is a much better choice if you have a hankering for Thai.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I have been frequenting this small restaurant since I moved to the area about 14 years ago. It used to be larger but was recently renovated and is now small and cozy. With the renovation came new owners and presumably a new chef. My grandkids, who formerly would only eat Vietnamese food when we went out to dine, have now declare this to be their favorite food. They serve some of the best phad thai I have tasted, their Tom Kha soup is rich and flavorful, and the crispy spring rolls and sate disappeared in a flash. For me the best part of the meal were the various sauces that accompanied each dish - truly complex, with sweet-sour flavors that tickle the palate. I must say I like this place even better than before the renovation and will definitely return for a meal. For those of you with children, they have truly innovative ice cream flavors. My grandkids enjoyed a flight of taro, coconut, green tea and mango ice creams