“Great Family Place, Decent Food, Friendly, Quick Service”
Review of Village Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Village Inn
Ranked #178 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon
“Great Family Place, Decent Food, Friendly, Quick Service”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is what it is. A family-run chain with great breakfast / brunch foods. They serve you quite quickly and are accommodating of kids. The servers and owners remember you and take good care of you. I recommend the Denver Omelette. Even when it's busy, it's fast.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank TrippedOut72

Beaverton
“Owner lost two loyal customers over $1.00 check dispute”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have been visiting Village Inn for quite a while on a fairly regular basis. Today, there was an incident that was eventually blown out of proportion by the woman owner while checking out. I had ordered (from a new waitress, not one I had seen before) a Senior half sandwich and soup, costing $6.45. I asked for a half tuna sandwich on toasted sourdough. What I got was a grilled tuna full sandwich. It also smelled "very fishy", more than usual. Since the waitress was really busy, I motioned for the woman owner to come over and remedy my sandwich situation. I told her I had ordered a Senior half tuna sandwich and I got a grilled tuna. I decided to change my half sandwich to the turkey instead. She brought back the half turkey sandwich and I thought all was taken care of. When I looked at the bill to pay, I noticed that she had changed my ticket to a "non-senior" half sandwich and soup price of $7.99. Since the woman owner was at the register, I tried to explain to her that I should have been billed for a senior half sandwich at the lower price. She argued with me that I had not told "her" that I wanted a senior half sandwich and therein started the problem. When I tried to explain that what I actually ordered with the waitress was a senior lunch, she just kept on about "You did not tell me senior. You called me over to change your sandwich and that's what I did". She then started to ring up the bill at the higher price and mumbled something negative. I said, "Excuse me?" She mumbled something about causing trouble, or whatever, and I said, "That's no way to talk to your customer." She kept on about me not telling her it was supposed to be senior, and the more she made inappropriate comments, the angrier I got. She said, "Go eat somewhere else. You are not my paying customer". I told her I had spent a lot of money here. She finally said, "Never mind. I don't want to talk about it. Don't pay anything and DON'T COME BACK". When I went outside to tell my sister who was waiting for me that we weren't allowed back here any more, she went back in to talk with the owner. She was also trying to explain what had originally been ordered and the owner just kept on repeating about not telling her "senior" when I changed my sandwich. She didn't want to listen to us or anything we had to say. She even went on to say, "If I wanted to cheat you out of a dollar, why do we give away free pie on Wednesday?" What has that got to do with anything? She eventually said something like, "I am a person who believes in God. I will answer to my God and you will have to answer to your God". I have never written a review of a restaurant before, but I cannot let this incident go unnoticed. She has no business dealing with customers. I have overheard her talk to customers before inappropriately, as well as argue with an employee at the register while I was waiting to pay. She not only cheated herself out of the price of my bill since she did not wring it up, she more importantly lost two loyal customers. I can't imagine what goes through her head as business owner. It's a real shame, because her husband is so very nice to customers.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Jeanne L
Seattle, Washington
“My Dad's Favorite Restaurant!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Since I come to visit him every month or two, I've been known to eat here sometimes 4 or 5 days in a row! The food is consistently good with lots of variety. I've probably eaten most everything on the menu! It's a diner along the line of Denny's, but the owner and his staff work very hard to welcome customers and give them the best dining experience possible. They are very accommodating with special requests, they have TV screens, and free WiFi, so there is always something to keep you occupied, even if you are dining alone. I highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“average food”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Average food that compares to a Dennys IHop or Sharis.

Visited July 2012
Aloha, Oregon
“A dependable American-style restaurant”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The food is always tasty and properly prepared. What sets this restaurant apart is the great service. And, the owner is usually there to welcome you.

Visited December 2011