“Dinner with a client” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hall Street Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Hall Street Bar & Grill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center
Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
Yakima, Washington
“Dinner with a client”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I invited a client to dinner and he selected the Hall Street Bar & Grill. From the moment we entered until we left the service was excellent. Our server was delightful and because one of the people in our party had specific allergies, he knew the menu well and was able to answer all of her questions.

The food was excellent, they offered several specials that night and I ordered the steak. It was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth, loved it.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a special dinner or entertaining a client. The bar looked like a happening place, a lot of business people.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barb G

Otis, Oregon, United States
“Five star food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I took my mom here for a mother, daughter night and all the food was absolutely amazing. We had their chefs spring special three course meal and a couple drinks each from the bar. Would go back there in a heart beat for any meal.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Michelle W
Massachusetts
“Wasn't what I expected...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for Hall Street given that my husband visited and said he enjoyed it his first time there. After visiting another Beaverton restaurant decarli (which is AWESOME in every way), I hoped Hall Street would impress me just as much if not more! Uhm, WRONG answer!

The restaurant reminded me of an old Steak n Ale building, dark wood, weird red ceiling! Nothing too impressive!

The menu was chock full of enticing offerings so we chose the crab dip to start. The dip was hot and flavorful paired with some appealing cocktails which had us thinking we were in for a great culinary experience that is until our entrees arrived. I got the Fiery Chicken Fettucini which was so spicy it was painful!! I LOVE spicy food but this sauce was ridiculous...it was so hot it was overwhelming. My husband had the 20 Hour Bavette Steak which was simply a strip of steak atop a bed of greens. It looked like an appetizer instead of an entree...it was THAT small of a portion! He said the steak was super tender but lacked any real flavor.

I might return to Hall Street for Happy Hour as the cocktails were good but the food was just OK...

• Visited April 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
“The first place I eat at in Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Great food and cocktails. Great place to meet friends and co-workers. This place never disappoints. Probably the best steak in the Beaverton area.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“great food too exensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Lovely apnosohere, good service but the cost is a bit high. Buffet is a good deal but the food could be hotter. Drink prices are crazy high.

Visited April 2013