“Awesome”

Newport Bay Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 185th and Evergreen
Transit: Max station is 1.5 miles away.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was headed to Tillamook and needed to eat some lunch. I just pulled off the Hwy and saw this restaurant. I thought probably too expensive and then decide I was worth it. I sat at a table in the bar. The bartender was cheerful and even stopped to chat with me for a minute. Wow. There was a special; all the wines were priced $3.99 a glass. I ordered the Kendall Jackson Char and it was wonderful. For a meal, I ordered an open crab sandwich and a salad. OMGoodness. It was wonderful. Generous with the crab and the salad included a few shrimp and olives as garnish. When are you opening one of these in the Sacramento area?

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Don't like the feel/smell/sense of the metal topped tables in the bar area. Have been here 4 times, razor clams have been different each time, one time they were delicious - seasonal??? Service has been great 3 out of 4 times. Happy hour is packed.

Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Bay Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Cindy F,

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We appreciate the feedback. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our chef's.

Best - The Newport Bay Team

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I read some of the average reviews and was hesitant to visit this restaurant. I'm glad I don't pay much attention to people who find fault in everything and those who whine about the price of food, especially when it's really good food. This restaurant was great! My husband had the shrimp cocktail, parmesan crusted Oregon sole, lime basmati rice and green beans. He is a very picky eater and he loved it! The green beans are to die for. I had the oysters on the half shell, steelhead with shrimp and crab cakes, basmati rice and the "to die for" green beans. Everything I ate was absolutely wonderful. The warm bread (I think it was sourdough) with soft butter was a nice start with our appetizers. They were busy but service was good. We will definitely be back here again. They also have some decent "happy hour" deals. Looking forward to our next visit.

NewportBayTanas, General Manager at Newport Bay Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for the nice review! I'd love to meet you the next time you are in! See you soon! Brandy, General Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had the prawn linguine - it was good and had a large amount of prawns in it but I didn't think the flavors were anything I hadn't had before. My husband had the coconut shrimp and he liked them. I did appreciate the children's menu had popcorn shrimp (something new from our week long vacation and nothing but burgers, mac and cheese, etc on children's menus). My son ate all his popcorn shrimp, didn't touch the fries - they were nothing special. I really liked the little bucket of toys they gave us to entertain my son. The service was very good. The decor appeared a bit dated to me and the restaurant was not busy at all on a Saturday night but maybe things get busier later in Oregon. If I lived in the area I'm not sure I'd choose to go back. It was good but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Newport Bay isn't anything special as far as food, service and atmosphere and normally I wouldn't mind if the price reflected that but this place is way to expensive for what you get.