“Great family restaurant ”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #6 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great family restaurant ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A true family dining restaurant that has something for everyone. Portions are superb for the value. The only thing that keeps BB diner from a "5" is the inconsistency of server attentiveness. Sometimes the server is truly solicitous of their customers' needs, other times there is the "take order/deliver order then forget the customer till it's time for the check." Other than that the great food and price value keeps us coming back.

“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Service is great.Bring you coffee immediately! Food is good and plentiful. May have to wait for a seat at the busiest times.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nancikmsa
Aloha, Oregon
“it was better when it was a Lions.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Why the heck did they stick a gift shop in this place?

I've got to give them credit that at least they finally got rid of the lady with the horribly fake southern accent. That one woman, alone, made dining here in peace practically impossible.

Besides that, there is the five dollar, non refillable orange juice that is an issue. At least, I don't think it's refillable. Even if it is, it's five dollars for a small glass.

The bread pudding and sweet pancakes are the winners on the menu here. The chicken strips are horrible. The Asian salad isn't bad, and usually is my choice for dinner, if I absolutely have to be with a party eating at this joint.

The service is usually slow, and I find that it seems that way no matter how busy it is inside.

Not a whole lot to recommend about this place, and the gift shop is just confusing, because Beaverton has never been a hot bed for tourism.

• Visited January 2014
“Black Bear Rocks!!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very large portions for the price. Extremely tasty, awesome atmosphere, GREAT service and ambiance. Wish there was one in Salem!

• Visited May 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
“I wish there were a 1/2 star as this wasn't avg. but not poor”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently moved back into the Bvtn area, and was really wanting Black Bear breakfast, but most especially their Hash Browns. I used to come for breakfast often when I last lived in the area, but now my faith in them is shaken.

I came with family on an average Sunday (read busy) and had the typical 20 minute wait, which was expected. Got seated promptly, good server, and fast service considering the line out the door. The reason I am questioning if I will return is that the one thing I was really wanting (the Hash Browns) on everyone's plates were beautifully browned on the exterior but RAW in the inside. My niece's chicken strips which used to be (or looked to be) hand dipped were ready made strips with a nasty aftertaste (I tried them to see if she were being overly critical, but she was right), and my brother's biscuit was dry on the interior (they used to be moist).

I should have returned the Hash Browns, but our poor server who was running like crazy shouldn't have to deal with my complaint when there was other's needs to deal with.

The portion sizes are huge, so there is more than enough food to satisfy (usually need a doggy bag), the staff are nice and efficient, and generally good food, I just hope this was a fluke. I will try one more time before I turn my back on them.

• Visited May 2014