“A Taste of Puerto Rico!”
Review of Boriken Restaurant

Boriken Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 451 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The food is authentic and very tasty. I tried the Mofongo, which was served in a wooden bowl. The staff and owners are friendly. A little on the spend side but you won't find this type of authentic Caribbean food anywhere else in the Metro Portland area. It is worth the trip into Beaverton.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Our daughter mention this restaurant to us on our visit to Beaverton. I am from PR and while my husband is Chinese, she knows how much we like traditional Puerto Rican dishes. We tried a couple different dishes such as bictec ensebollado, mofongo, fried plantains, chicharrones de pollo, yellow rice, beans and pastelon. Everything was delicious. The owners were very friendly. The place is too small for such a busy restaurant and it seems to need an extra waitress, but they tried really hard and actually manage quite well.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I found Boriken on Google Maps and decided to try it because (a) it had a very good rating, (b) the type of food served interests us but is not available where we live and (c) it is located only a short distance from where we were staying.
We were very happy with our choice. The restaurant is very casual, but attractively decorated and quite clean.
My wife and I split an order of chicken empanadillas for a starter. My wife chose the Bistec Encebollado for her main course, while i selected the Bistec a La Criolla. Everything was excellent, and the prices are modest for the quantity and quality of the food. In addition, our server was very good.
Before we left, we talked some with the woman who is the owner, and it was clear that she loves what she is doing. This, we are sure, explains why we so enjoyed ourselves here. Since we are not from the area, we will likely not be returning anytime soon, but we did urge the people we were staying with to try Boriken and/or recommend it to others.

1  Thank cem44
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This place was hands down so authentic and the staff was super friendly!! My boyfriend and i went here for my birthday in October. He called and made reservations because we heard ot filled up pretty quick. Which it did after awhile so i suggest a reservation just to be safe. The restaurant only has maybe 15/20 tables, but well worth it. For drinks we got the pina colada and Caribbean romance both were not over powering or over watered perfect for sipping and they were made fresy no mixes which i like!! We ordered the Pastel De Masa Relleno Con Carne Molida for an appetizer. Was cooked perfectly and filled with meat and green olives. Would recommend if you like plantains. Dinner was even better. My boyfriend got the stuffed avocados with pork in the garlic sauce. I got the Chuleta Kan Kan which is like a really crispy pork chop. Everything was so good and flavorful. This rice, pork, and appetizer all cooked perfectly!! The couple who was waiting the restaurant were amazing!! As were they friendly you could tell they care about the restaurant and its customers!! Cant wait to go back and try everything else! Perfect place for date night and to try some good Puerto Rican food!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

What a friendly place. The service staff was so accommodating, explaining the menu items. All the food was delicious. The steak dishes were especially wonderful. Their dessert selection is unique and we had samples of several which did not disappoint.