“Overall great dining”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hubby and I had dinner at Murrayhill Cafe (called "Cafe Murray" by our friends) with friends who live nearby, on the last night of a 2-week road trip exploring the Pacific Northwest before flying home to California. Our friends are vegetarian and eat there fairly often, but the restaurant also serves fish and meat. The food was quite good. Hubby started with cheesy fried rice balls served on a bed of roasted red pepper aioli, which was tremendously yummy. For his entrée he ordered the beef stroganoff, which was freshly made pasta ribbons in a mushroom cream sauce topped by slices of medium-rare filet. One of our friends ordered the same dish, hold the beef. Both of them loved it! Our other vegetarian friend ordered a beet salad as a starter, which was beautifully presented and (he said) quite delicious. For his entrée, he ordered butternut squash ravioli, making little sounds of delight as he ate. To be honest, I don’t remember what I ordered: I was too busy tasting all the plates on the table. The service was good, although we had a new server who wasn’t all that familiar with the menu and had to keep checking notes to answer our questions. Plus, two iced teas, which were ordered when the entrées were served, never showed up at the table. Would I eat there again? A resounding YES.

1  Thank helmerphud

Reviewed 7 September 2013

A friend suggested we dine here and I'm thankful she did. What a pleasure it was to enjoy brunch here. The menu has variety, my meal was wonderful, our wait staff was charming, and the outside patio with views of the pond and geese was perhaps my last glimpse of summer in Oregon! My friend and I have resolved to return here for brunch, no matter the season. A delightful combination of good food, enjoyable staff, and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I found this place just by happenstance and what a great find it was. It is a very lovely space with outdoor seating and a view of a nice pond with water feature in Beaverton. They have great menu choices and wonderful breakfast. Also a really great staff at this restaurant, so I think their management is definitely on the ball with hiring all the right people. I had a chorizo scramble and it was delicious! I think their prices are very fair and I would definitely eat here again and plan on it. Go check this place out, it is definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We like this place because it is nearby, you can sit outside, and they serve good breakfast and lunch. My impression is they are trying to fit in the sweet spot between super gourmet and basic family food. No real genre of cooking, mostly well prepared comfort food.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I passed by Murrayhill Cafe all the time, and it wasn't until recently that we decided to stop in for a meal.

We had definitely been missing out. While the name is a Cafe, the food choices are a bit upscale for that. It was much better than we had expected when walking in the door.

We've been back once since, and it's now on our short-list of nearby places to go.

1  Thank Udoggie