Quality Inn & Suites
Riverhouse on the Deschutes(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$133
Groupon.com
Holiday Motel(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$100
Bend Three Sisters Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$149
US$262
US$257
The Oxford Hotel(Bend)
US$241
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$100
US$89
US$291
US$257
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflessmall poolsausage linkswould stay here againbend oregonthree sistersflat screenking bedeasy accesshot breakfasthotel roomgreat roomcerealmicrowavecaliforniatelevision
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This place was a great value, The place was clean and neat. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk gentleman was friendly. Cookies made when we came in. The continental breakfast was compleste with eggs and sausage and fresh waffles..Would stay again. (The place was not in town if you are looking for it in the middle of town..) Thank You

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here on our way from Portland, OR to Lake Tahoe in mid-June. The staff was very receptive when we got there, and we were so happy to have a rather nice breakfast offered as part of the cost (not anything fancy, but good, quick morning sustenance that carried us over until noon!). The views out of the back of the hotel were great.
Honestly, we had a better experience our one night here than we did at our "luxury" place in Stateline, NV on Lake Tahoe (The Ridge Tahoe - yuck!). Heck, we had free wi-fi here, unlike the "luxury" of The Ridge Tahoe.
We'd definitely stay here again if we ever leave Portland late and need a place to stay for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back for moutain view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We have stayed in this hotel a few times over the last year and have enjoyed our stay. The staff is always friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and well maintained. They have a good breakfast and the location is convenient. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Spent a night here on our trip to California and a night on the way back the second and third weeks of October. Very comfortable bed. We were on the back side and it was very quite. Friendly staff at front counter. Selection of food for breakfast was fine.

I was totally impressed with the great wi-fi service. We've stayed in several Quality Inns and have had real trouble getting conneted in nearly all of them...and some we never did. This was by far the best...instant...and never did disconnect.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I am quite used to mediocre motels for one-night stays, and all I ask of any such place is a clean room/bathroom, a clean bed, and a hot shower. That's it. Anything above and boyond that is just icing on the cake. Usually, this is not a problem. The Quality Inn, however, did not deliver.

First off, the woman at the front desk when we checked in was just barely civil to us, acting as though it put her out tremendously to have to serve us as we checked in and asked questions. Then as we headed to our room (and every time we left/re-entered the room) we noticed that the interior hallway of our completely non-smoking floor absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. Not a good sign. Then we entered our room.

The dimly-lit bathroom was DISGUSTING. As a small treat to ourselves, my husband and I had spent a little extra money to reserve a room with a king bed and a "2-person whirlpool bathtub". We thought it would be nice to have a relaxing bath in the middle of the 2-day roadtrip that capped off the end of our vacation week. That money was completely wasted. The bathtub, which was not even remotely big enough for 2 people (although it was definitely much larger than your usual motel bathtub), made my stomach turn. The whirlpool jets, filter, and controls in the tub were utterly caked in pink mildew that clearly had not been cleaned in months. The floor of the bathroom was dirty, the the bowl of the toilet was stained and dirty, the toilet lid/seat hinges showed dirt/mildew/?? accumulation, and there was not enough toilet paper when we arrived. Needless to say, we didn't get to enjoy a relaxing bath; we wore our flip-flops to shower, trying not to touch the walls or floor for fear of contracting some previous guest's athlete's foot in this tub that had not seen a drop of bleach for who knows how long.

Because of the dirty bathroom, I was also uneasy about the fact that the coffee and water cups in the room were reusable ceramic and plastic cups. While I have nothing against reusable items in general, given the state of cleanliness of the bathroom I had a difficult time trusting that these dishes had been properly sanitized before our arrival. When I inspected the water glasses, there were spots all over the inside of them. Perhaps just from the dishwasher rinse cycle, yes, but I wasn't keen on taking a chance. I would have been a lot more comfortable with disposable plastic cups, individually sealed in plastic wraps (as I have seen in so many other motels) so I could be sure they were clean.

Our room had a small sofa with throw pillows; one of them had a very noticeable hole in its pillow cover. Not a huge deal; just a cosmetic flaw, but definitely unsightly and further proof of the staff/management's complete lack of caring or quality in the rooms. The mattress looked clean enough when I checked for beg bugs, but I discovered that the single fitted sheet was put on the bed inside out (seams up), and barely covered several ugly stains on the mattress-pad beneath. The manual security lock on the room door (that you can flip over and allows you to open the door a crack while preventing you from opening it the whole way) was loose and almost unscrewed from the doorframe; clearly useless in any sort of situation it might actually be needed for. All this was fairly benign, but just served to squick me out even more after seeing the horrors of the bathroom. Their complete lack of concern for maintaining a clean bathroom casts doubt on everything else they do, in my mind. I mean, if they're not even willing to put in the necessary effort to clean the bathroom or put the sheet on the bed the right way, I have zero confidence that the carpet, dishes, mattresses, bedding, or anything else for that matter have ever been propery cleaned/maintained.

In the end, we had a safe night's sleep (no vacancy that night, so no chance for a room change) and continued on our travels, but as a couple who stays in mediocre motels in Bend, OR once or twice a year, we will never again stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple