“Horrible service and really stinky rooms!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Kennewick WA
“Horrible service and really stinky rooms!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Horrible service and really stinky rooms!!! My Mother and I rented two rooms at this hotel. Upon arrival the guy at the front desk was so rude and had a bad attitude. We got our keys, walked into the room as was immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. BOTH rooms smelled horrible! The room was ok, bathroom was dirty. The next day we went into town and came back late that night. We tried both of our keys and they didn't work. We had to walk back down and have them reprogram our cards. After leaving our windows open hoping that would help the smell, we walked in and it seemed like the smell was 10 times worse. It's like the cleaning lady was smoking in every room as she cleaned! On the morning we were checking out we were dropping our keys off at the front desk and there was nobody there!! We had to call someone and they informed us to walk down the hall and find the lady that was supposed to be at the front desk. I just left the keys sitting there, I wasn't about to track down someone when we had to leave. I know this hotel is cheap but that's no excuse for being lazy and rude. I will not be staying here ever again and recommend you spend your money else where!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chelsea I
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
It's terribly disheartening to see your review, Chelsea. We always strive to provide our visitors with outstanding customer service and everything necessary to enjoy their stay.

You have my word that I will confront our team, and remind them that it is entirely unacceptable to ever treat our guests in a "rude" manner. I'm very sorry for the service you received, I'm sure this was very disappointing.

We will use your feedback to improve, so I appreciate you taking the time to review us. Poor service and unclean rooms is not what we stand for, and is not what a guest should expect when they stay with us. Don't hesitate to reach out with any further feedback.

Deepak, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This motel looked fine from the outside and was centrally located to the town and highways. Once I walked into the lobby, I started thinking about Norman Bates for some reason. The room had a HORRIBLE smell that lasted until we checked out. I had read other reviews about the "urine", "vomit" smell, but I thought they were just being overly picky and dramatic. The chain must have purchased a "bad" batch of air freshener! We smelled the same aroma, but not as strong in Washington too. We had a whirlpool tub, but I was afraid to use it ( the smell again). We opened the sofa bed late at night and discovered no linens in the bed or the room. After a slight eye roll by the front lobby clerk, I was handed a wad of unfolded sheets and a pillow. They did have a free breakfast that we decided to skip and an inside pool.

Room Tip: Don't attempt to sleep on the horrible 1965 sofa bed. Someone I met on my vacation suggested tha...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't please with your visit. I can assure you that our rooms, and lobby are perfectly clean. We do whatever it takes to ensure the safety and health of our visitors. Did you mention anything about the smell to our staff?

As for our service, I'm very troubled to hear that someone on our staff "rolled their eyes" at you. This is entirely unacceptable, and you have my word that I will address this team, and reaffirm our customer service values.

If you have any further feedback please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'd like to hear more from you in order to properly address these issues and improve. Take care.

Deepak, Owner

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at quality inn in Bend Oregon while traveling with our family. The room was fairly clean except for some dusty spots and mold in the shower. The pool was not the cleanest either. Staff was decently friendly, room was decent sized. The comforter and mattress were very comfortable but the pillows were awful and lumpy, I woke up with a horrible kink in my neck the next morning. The continental breakfast was very good, lots of choices and all seemed pretty fresh and tasted decent. I got a good deal from Expedia so that's why we chose quality inn. Overall I would probably stay here again given the same price, I would just bring my own pillow next time.

• Stayed May 2013
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate when our visitors leave us with feedback, because we are always striving to improve.

While I'm happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful, it's disappointing to hear that you room was not completely clean. Though there were just a few "dusty spots," this is still unacceptable. I plan on bringing this to the attention of our team.

Furthermore, don't hesitate to ask us for a thinner pillow next time you are here — we'd be happy to do whatever we can to ensure your comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time. I know we have what it takes to show you a great stay!

Klamath Falls
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I only have one complaint about this hotel. The time they water the grass near one of the exits. We were trying to load our car around 8:00 and the water was spraying on the sidewalk in two different areas we needed to walk by. If we would have went that way we would have gotten wet. It seems like they could choose either an earlier time before most people would be leaving, or a later time to water.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Jackie,

I'm sorry that our sprinklers were running when you were trying to pack your car. Were you able to walk around? I'm sure this must have been frustrating, and I'd like to sincerely apologize. If you mentioned this to us, we would have had no problem helping you pack, or turning the sprinklers off—we are here to meet your needs.

I hope that you'll be back to see us again next time you're in the area. I know we can show you a five-star experience!

Port Orchard, WA
Reviewed 21 April 2013

It's not a bad hotel for the price we paid. Most of the hotels in the area were quite a bit more, and as this hotel had continental breakfast and an indoor pool we booked it. Upon arrival we were a little bit disappointed by the condition of the room. It was clean and the bed was comfortable but it felt really old and worn out with lights burned out and old peeling wall coverings. The pool was small but the kids enjoyed it. The fitness room was literally a hotel room. They took the furniture out of and put some old equipment in there. Too weird to use. breakfast had a lot of selection - biscuits & gravy, waffles, cereal and sausage; but the plates, cups and flatware were so cheap you had to use multiple plates and the forks broke that it took away from the selection and made breakfast feel weird. The people that worked there were nice and were attentive to any questions we had. I probably will not stay there again but then again for the price and amenities we used it wasn't bad at all

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of your room upon arrival. We always aim to have our rooms fresh, clean, and ready for our guests. If there is ever anything wrong with your room we would have no problem attending to it, because your satisfaction and comfort is always our primary concern!

I hope you'll be back to see us next time you're in Bend. We'd love to host you again and show you a great time!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed three nights here as we rolled into town and had not made previous arrangements. Staff was kind. Room clean. Easy access. Well worth the price! Always enjoy that Quality Inn provides a free breakfast. . . it's pretty basic, but that's all we need to get going in the morning. Staff was also very flexible as we extended our stay one night at a time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, Wendy. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this! We hope to welcome you back again next time you're in the area.

North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We will not stay there again! The room was very outdated and the furnishings worn and broken down. The room had an odd musty smell (no wonder the window was open when we arrived , in the middle of March none the less!) Only two small worn towels were provided. At breakfast the biscuits were cut in half, the gravy runny and there was no coffee. There was only one staff person running the front desk and the breakfast area. The paper plates provided were the cheap kind that won't hold anything. The very small garbage cans were over flowing. Seating area was very limited. We ended up tossing what terrible food we attempted to eat and ate somewhere else. When we checked out we weren't asked how our stay was or if we had any questions or concerns. Obviously they don't care. This facility was not up to par with the other Quality Inns we have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
It's terribly disheartening to hear how disappointed you were with your recent stay. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, as we strive to provide the proper amenities and excellent service to ensure that you have a relaxing time.

I'm sorry that your room was filled with an "odd musty smell"—this is very surprising and troubling to hear. We take special care of our rooms, and ensure that they are thoroughly cleaned out before our guests arrive. I plan on checking with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are preforming their jobs to our expectations, so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As for our towels, did you call our front desk to request more or different towels? We are here to handle any issues you have, so we could have absolutely assisted you with this.

I can assure you that we do care about our guests and how they enjoy their stay. Like I said, your satisfaction and comfort is our number one concern at all times. If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care.