“Worst quality inn experience”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Bend
San Jose, California
“Worst quality inn experience”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Came here on a business trip and expected a generally comfortable stay. When I arrived no one was working the front desk and had to wait ten minutes before a man showed up to check me in. Turns out the woman that should have been there was hiding in a room behind the front desk. Even after saying HELLO numerous times nobody came.

Also, needing wifi to take care of work, the front desk forgot to give me the wifi passcode. I tried to call it with the room phone and the entire phone was disconnected on both ends to the wall. After getting the code I tried multiple times to connect to the wifi network but it just didn't work. I moved around in the second floor hallway (which smelled horrible ) and got a decent signal , only to find that the speed was basically slower than a 56k modem speed.

Also could hear half of everything going on in the room next to mine. Walls are thin or the door is too thin. Bathroom had one single light and felt very dim and cramped.

Lady at the front desk was unfriendly upon checkout. Breakfast was not good, even for quality inn standards. Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I'm sorry to hear how displeased you were with your stay. We always want what's best for those who stay with us, and that starts with quality customer service. Having said that, I can assure you that our staff member would not "hide" behind the front desk. I'm not sure why you thought she was, but please understand that we would not treat our guests in this way.

As for the rest of your stay, we are always doing what we can to accommodate your needs. We're confident that what we have to offer at such a low price makes us an ideal place to stay in the beautiful town of Bend. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Deepak, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This place has potential, but our stay wasn't so friendly. The front desk staff was cold and unfriendly. The breakfast seemed like they were cutting corners to save money (Danishes cut in half, eggs in crockpot, etc.). The owner's wife was running the breakfast and the front desk at the same time, so I had to wait for about 30 mins to checkout while she did dishes. They need more help on staff.

• Stayed July 2013
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We're always working to improve, so your feedback is very important to us. We are short staffed at the moment and have been working hard with the resources we have. I apologize if this inconvenienced you and I hope you give us another chance sometime soon.

All the best,
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place is horrible. The shower curtain had black stuff in the bottom corners. I went down for breakfast and the eggs were gone, as well as the sausage. The desk clerk was reading the paper rather than cleaning tables and replenishing food. I need internet access for business. When I had a signal, it was very weak. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob B
I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay, Bob. We fully believe that what we have to offer, at such a low price, is second to none in the area. Having said that, I'm very surprised and sorry to hear that there was "black stuff" on your shower curtain. I plan on looking into this, and doing what it takes to ensure that this isn't happening.

As for our breakfast, again, we offer a free breakfast, so I hope you understand that we will run out and be unable to "replenish" the food at a certain point.

We are always working to improve, so thank you for the feedback. I hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again next time you are in beautiful Bend. I know we can show you a relaxing, enjoyable time.

Deepak, Owner

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Our family of six stayed one night in July 2013 while passing thru Oregon. We had reserved a suite the was a nice room with separate bedroom but only one bathroom. The room was well maintained and we had no issues with the room. Check in was seamless and fast. The hot tub temperature could have been hotter but was OK. The location was easy to find and far enough off the highway that noise was not an issue. Breakfast was a full hot or cold with lots of choices, the seating area is rather small and one individual took up a whole table of four while reading his morning paper, how rude. The lady at the front desk looked a bit overwhelmed with work during checkout. All in all it was a good night.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thanks for sharing, Brent. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Providing you with everything necessary to have a great, relaxing vacation is what we're all about. I plan on sharing this with the team! We hope to welcome you back to beautiful Bend again sometime soon.

All the best,

Springfield, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

People at the front desk were extremely unfriendly. Continental breakfast was not worth it. Area very small causing long lines and no where to sit. rooms were dirty and in poor repair. Hot tub temp set way to high, could not enjoy it. pool was tiny and dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teri M
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I'm very disappointed to hear about your stay with us, Teri. It really sounds like we got off on the wrong foot. Our ultimate goal is always to impress our visitors with friendly customer service, and the necessary amenities to enjoy a comfortable stay.

The facility was built at a time when Breakfast was not a main feature of the Motel industry as it is today. It is a very small 49 room facility and was not built to the standards that you obviously expected. I sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was supposed to stay here for five nights, but I only lasted for one. I had a long day of travel to get to the hotel which is the only reason I stayed one night, I was too tired to change hotels. The first room they gave me smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke that it was like a slap in the face when I opened the door. I didn't even go into the room. They almost didn't change my room stating that I requested a smoking room. I definitely did not, and I had the confirmation from our corporate travel agency stating as much. However, she did finally change my room. It smelled less strong of smoke, but still smelled and it was dirty. Stains on the lampshades, ceiling (!), and there was lots of hair on the outer bedspread. I understand these don't get washed every time, but this was just awful. I moved the bedspread and all the hair (human and dog(?)) flew up and caught the sunshine in such a way that I nearly gagged.

I checked out early first thing the next morning after our corporate agent found another hotel for me. The person who checked me out seemed to be the owner and I was surprised that she didn't ask why I was checking out four days early. (Maybe this happens a lot?)

I noted that they accept pets at this hotel, so this probably accounts for the cleanliness, somewhat, but I doubt it is the pets that are smoking in the nonsmoking rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I'm very sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your recent stay. Showing our guests a great time is always our primary concern, and that starts with the way we treat them. You have my word that I am handling this situation, and we will learn and improve from it.

We will address all of your concerns, so thank you for bringing them to my attention. If you have any further feedback please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kennewick WA
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Horrible service and really stinky rooms!!! My Mother and I rented two rooms at this hotel. Upon arrival the guy at the front desk was so rude and had a bad attitude. We got our keys, walked into the room as was immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. BOTH rooms smelled horrible! The room was ok, bathroom was dirty. The next day we went into town and came back late that night. We tried both of our keys and they didn't work. We had to walk back down and have them reprogram our cards. After leaving our windows open hoping that would help the smell, we walked in and it seemed like the smell was 10 times worse. It's like the cleaning lady was smoking in every room as she cleaned! On the morning we were checking out we were dropping our keys off at the front desk and there was nobody there!! We had to call someone and they informed us to walk down the hall and find the lady that was supposed to be at the front desk. I just left the keys sitting there, I wasn't about to track down someone when we had to leave. I know this hotel is cheap but that's no excuse for being lazy and rude. I will not be staying here ever again and recommend you spend your money else where!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chelsea I
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
It's terribly disheartening to see your review, Chelsea. We always strive to provide our visitors with outstanding customer service and everything necessary to enjoy their stay.

You have my word that I will confront our team, and remind them that it is entirely unacceptable to ever treat our guests in a "rude" manner. I'm very sorry for the service you received, I'm sure this was very disappointing.

We will use your feedback to improve, so I appreciate you taking the time to review us. Poor service and unclean rooms is not what we stand for, and is not what a guest should expect when they stay with us. Don't hesitate to reach out with any further feedback.