“Decent for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our camping reservations fell through and we needed a hotel quick. Arrived around 9-10 pm and was happily greeted by one of the managers. Things seemed pretty clean and nothing looked shabby. Had a good night of sleep. No noise or anything. Overall, I was pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

It's nice to hear that we were able to provide clean and quiet accommodations for you after your camping reservations fell through, Ashley. If you ever find yourself in need of a place to stay in the future, you're always welcome here!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stopped in Bend after visiting Crater Lake National Park and on our way to Washington. We have been staying in Choice Hotel properties for some time due to there Choice Priviliges program.The check in was done quickly and accurately. Our room was large with a king bed. There was a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom was big and the toiletries were provided. The continental breakfast included waffles, cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, milk. If in that area again we would be happy to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecb41
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in Bend, just call us direct.I'm happy that we were able to provide the amenities to make your stay enjoyable. See you next time!

Dee Sehgal
Owner

Reviewed 23 September 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. IT'S NOT WORTH IT, EVEN IF YOU SAVE A LITTLE MONEY!

We should have stayed next door at the Holiday Inn. I think this was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel EVER. The staff were unprofessional and rude. I finally had a chance to talk to the "manager" the morning we left which I think might also be the owner. And he seemed very uncaring of my frustration. When we got to this hotel we had been driving for 8 hours and still had another 10 hours to drive the next day . Below are some of the situations we went through while staying here. There were 4 adults 2 children under the age of 4 and 2 small dogs. We stayed in 2 rooms.

One of the rooms that we walked into, smelt so bad of mold and was so stuffy it was disgusting. So we went back to the front counter to ask for a new room, the man at the front desk seemed annoyed but gave us a different room down the hall. (Much to my surprise after this happened I was walking down the hall and noticed a couple open the door to the same NASTY room we had switched out.)

One thing I thought would be a concern to the "manager" here and something that would be checked by staff while cleaning the rooms is the phone jack was completely broken. I'm glad there wasn't an emergency if we needed to use the oh one in the room. There was also an electrical outlet that didn't work.

I realized I forgot my toothbrush, and because of the sign that is located in the bathroom in our room that says "did you forget something? If so please see our front desk" I even took the time to look in the book in the room that says what they have that is complimentary. It DID say toothbrush. So I went in the morning to ask for one. The lady at the front desk (who I believe is the owners wife looking at the picture he has on here trying to kiss people's butt's for speaking the truth of this horrible hotel) I stood by the front desk for almost 5 minutes the lady was bring out food and such and completely ignored me, then finally said "can I help you with something" very rude tone, I said "yes I need a toothbrush please I forgot mine at home" to which she replied "oh I don't know if we have any I guess I can go check" WHAT A SURPRISE she walked out with a tooth brush!

Another thing I would like to note is a man that I spoke to on the phone to confirm reservations (I had this reserved 1 week in advance) blamed everything on the other staff member for mixing things up and said when we were checking in "your lucky your even getting a room" the only thing that we requested was to have ground floor (they don't have elevators) because we had a good amount of luggage. We also had only asked that both rooms had 2 Queen beds and if at all possible adjoining rooms.

The "Manager" said as I was walking away to the next customer in line, "What about you did you have a nice stay?" I just thought it was rude.

I will not stay here again until A there is a new owner or B the owner gets a reality check on his customer service.

Room Tip: There is not an elevators, and they have smoking outside right next to all of the A/C Units
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

As I wrote in response to your Yelp review, I'm disappointed to hear you had such a negative experience with our staff, Brittany. I'm sure, after a long day of traveling, that the only thing on your mind when you arrived was checking in and getting some well-deserved sleep. The fact that you had such difficulties is extremely upsetting to me, and I thank you for bringing these several issues to my attention. I apologize for your experience, and hope the rest of your journey went a little more smoothly. Thanks for the detailed and honest feedback, and have a nice day.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Long day ... no rez.... desk clerk had 5 of us waiting for a room and remained calm and friendly... room was very nice/clean/comfortable. Easy walk to trader joes for a salad.... pillows were amazing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Glad we could provide clean and comfortable rooms for you and your group! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Bend — thanks for the review!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Beautiful hotel, out of the way a little but great price. The front desk gave us excellant suggestions for dinner, the pool was not working properly while we were there but the hot tub was a welcome relief after driving all day. Nice big clean rooms. Laundry facility was centrally located. Nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thanks, Teresa! I'm thrilled we could accommodate you and provide all the amenities to make your stay comfortable after driving all day. If you're ever in the Bend area again, we'd love to have you!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have chosen this Quality Inn in Bend, Oregon for the second year in a row. Both times we had an excellent experience. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast selection was the best of any Quality Inn we have ever stayed at (and we have stayed in quite a few). I intend to choose this hotel again the next time we are in town. I have read several of the negative reviews and I must say that we did not encounter any of the listed problems. The staff was friendly and immediately available when we showed up near midnight. We were checked in quickly. The next morning the breakfast was hot and fresh. When it came time to check out, that was done efficiently as well. We have no complaints about this place and hope this review can help diffuse some of the other negative criticisms. Again, this is our favorite Quality Inn, and the best we have stayed at. -Chris and Family from San Diego, CA

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris A
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

We're glad to provide you and your family with a clean and comfortable home-away-from-home when you visit Bend, Chris. Thanks for taking the time to get on Yelp and defend our reputation — we truly appreciate the support. It's been our pleasure to accommodate you all for the past two visits, and we look forward to many more in the future!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Where to begin. The front desk man was rude upon check in. On the first morning the front desk staff had managed to check us out even though we were there three nights. The bath towel was see through. The food was cold and sparse, the lady who had to fill the breakfast items ran the front desk so things were lacking and cold. The toliet in the room overflowed and we were told to just use the one down the hall until we checked out. I would not recommend this to anyone as this is the tip of the iceberg. Sad but true.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DeeSehgal, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

It's terribly disheartening to hear how disappointed you were with your stay--it sounds like we really got off on the wrong foot. We want to provide every guest with the necessary amenities and service to enjoy a relaxing stay, because we know you come to us expecting just that.

I will bring your feedback to the team. I'm sorry that we let you down like this, but we will use your candor to improve.

When we are performing our best, I firmly believe that the quality we have to offer coupled with our extremely low prices makes us one of the best, if not the best, option in the area. I'm sorry if you had such a bad experience, but we'd love to get another chance to impress you if you're ever back in Bend.