“Perfect for Families and Business Travelers”

TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The TownePlace in Bend has very friendly service and is very clean. The kitchenette was great to have, even if it was only to put sodas in the fridge and make popcorn in the microwave. If you're here on business, there is a huge desk (with pullout 2nd desk on wheels so you can make it into an L-shape), nice overhead light over the desk and good plug locations (am I the only one who's had to plug my computer in across the room? ugh). Downfalls for me were that the window only opened 3 inches, which I'm sure is for my "protection," but it would have been nice to shut off the AC at night and get some fresh air. There are also no pay-per-view movies, and before you go somewhere weird with this, I'll just say I like watching new releases in the room instead of heading to the theater. They DID have 7 or 8 HBO channels, so that almost made up for it.

The location is good, but I'd recommend having a car if you can help it. The Original Pancake house is right outside the front door, and Safeway is a medium walk away. Perfect spot to stay if you're going skiiing since you're right on Century Drive and can just make a left to head up to Bachelor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. Feedback from our guests is very important to us. We continue to strive in improving our product and services to exceed your expectations. I am glad you appreciate the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms and our great location. We thank you for your business and are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Last minute reservation at one of the few hotels in Bend with available rooms, and we were pleasantly surprised! We've never stayed at a TownePlace Suites before, but we will again. Our room was spacious, with a small kitchenette -- an added surprise since we had grabbed a late dinner from Safeway just down the street. How nice to eat on real plates, with real utensils and glasses! The website had listed this as a 2 star hotel (out of 5), but I would put it at a 3 star. Our room was spotlessly clean, very quiet, and the breakfast had a nice assortment of cereals, yogurts, and fruit (plus bagels, muffins, waffles, etc). The staff was extremely friendly, and we really appreciated the list of nearby restaurants and grocery stores. Nice touches all around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samia1010
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I am so glad you had a wonderful experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am glad you enjoyed our kitchenettes, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast and great location, close to many restaurants and shops. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our group stayed in 2 rooms at this hotel not far from the Old Mill area. We had a small problem at check-in which was resolved soon enough. We also had a problem with our TV which required the front desk attendant to call in a maintenance person. Yet this minor problem was resolved with care. After that, we had a very good stay and enjoyed having this hotel as our home base. The pool area is very nice with a little bit of shade. The workout room is in a separate building nearby the pool. The pool and hot tub were clean. While the breakfast was basic but adequate, the seating area is quite small. We did find a place to sit when we needed it, but I saw one couple invite another couple to sit at their table since all tables were full. I am sure this is a problem sometimes. Overall this a nice property in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SWVA_Traveler
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear SWVA,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. I am glad that our staff was able to resolve the issue in your room quickly and efficiently. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our workout room, pool and hot tub. We are looking forward to your next visit to Bend.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This used to be my go-to hotel for the location and price. Unfortunately the room I last stayed in was not as well put together. They only had handicap rooms left. The tv had cords stretched around the corner. Obviously it's location was an afterthought. The remote didn't work. It only has a mini-fridge compared to the regular rooms that have full fridge/freezers. What put me over the edge was when I checked in last, they gave me some story about how they no longer had a room available. They knew I didn't have a room for at least 3 hours yet waited for me to arrive to tell me rather than figure out a solution in the meantime. Granted for families who are looking for a reasonable rate in a good location, it's still a decent hotel. I just don't plan on returning based on my personal experience.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justabizstraveler
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Justabitzstraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and share your personal experience. As a loyal customer, we sincerely appreciate your feedback so that we can improve and resolve the issues at hand and I have addressed your concerns with the staff. In regards to the mini-fridge in the room, a majority of our rooms do indeed have full sized refrigerator and freezers. The exception to this is due to the cabinetry layout in the few accessible rooms we offer. It does not allow the space to have a full size kitchen amenities as it is essential to provide the extra space needed for our guest who require accessible rooms. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you faced and it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again and ensure all proper policies are enforced at the front desk and that the accommodations exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business and loyalty to the TownePlace Suites.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We checked in June 26th -everyone we encountered that works here were very gracious hosts. check -in was easy and quick. Our room was small but had a galley kitchen w/ full size fridge-2 burner cooktop, coffee maker with ample coffee supply, microwave. Bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows to choose from (find the one that works best for you-kinda nice). We did not partake in the breakfast offered everyday however it did look ample- we were in bend for the food though so sought breakfast places out. the pool was clean and quiet, Biggest benefit -its centrally located for you- you have your choice of which way to head out in the morning via walking and all attractions are fairly close- we walked to the Les Schwab amphitheater -.9 tenths of a mile-which is in the Old Mill district so all of the old mill district is within 1 mile- Dechuttes brewery was very close as well. All in all a great place to stay- without being downtown on Wall Street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsagmiller
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear dsagmiller,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. We are glad to know that you appreciate our central location and proximity to the Old Mill and other local attractions as well as the full kitchen amenities. We are looking forward to your next visit to Bend.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Visited here for 3 nights while visiting family in Bend, and we found it a very comfortable, very clean and good value hotel.

Checkin (w/ Tim, I think) was quick and friendly, and he upgraded me before I even asked to a larger room w/ separate living room and bedroom. It was great for our family to stop by; the living room was roomy enough for us to sit and hang out together. Nice to have a full frig for leftovers and snacks too.

The bedroom was very small, but the bed was also very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning is small but fine, and coffee in the great room is available all day, along w/some cookies in the afternoon.

I have also stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, which is also excellent, and has just a few more amenities like a larger breakfast and closer downtown location, but for the money, TownePlace Suites is just great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank blossom
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the TownePlace Suites in Bend. It's great to hear you enjoyed the full kitchen and full size refrigerator in our guestrooms as well as our convenient location to downtown. We hope you and your family enjoyed your quality time together. Thank you for your business, looking forward to your next visit in Bend!

Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our 4 night stay. Quiet location; front side has no street noise at all. Back side overlooks Columbia Ave, so you'll hear traffic if your window is open. Large rooms with mini kitchen facilities and functional furniture. Many electrical outlets. Excellent desk and ergonomic chair. Acceptable WiFi.

Good pool and exercise facilities. River Walk is just a few hundred yards away.

One small but nice touch: The in-room coffee is a couple of steps up from what you normally find. I appreciate that the hotel chose to deviate from the Marriott standard of bland coffee.

The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because of the slamming guest room doors. It's almost impossible to close them quietly, and of course many guests don't even try. When a door slams anywhere near your room, your walls will rattle!

Try the Pancake House next door for wonderful egg, meat, and pancake choices.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Retailwonderer
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Bend. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and exercise room as well as our functional work desk and full guest room kitchen facility. You also noticed our upgraded in room coffee- I’m glad you enjoyed it. As far as the guest room door, we will address this issue accordingly. I am looking forward to your next visit and we appreciate your business and loyalty to the TownePlace Suites in Bend.