“Good Hotel-- Average or a Bit Better.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Montpelier, Vermont
“Good Hotel-- Average or a Bit Better.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

It's clean and well-appointed. The room was confortable, but a bit small. The room had a couple of broken items-- nothing that important, but showing a bit of inattention to small details. But the beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, and the heat and cooling worked well. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. The pricing was a bit on the high side, but the Sleep Inn met our expectations and gave us a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: We asked for a late check out and the desk clerk was a bit grudging about giving us an extra hour...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Roseville, California
Reviewed 18 October 2013

For some reason, hotel rooms in Bend are pretty pricey. We paid a hundred dollars a night with a AAA discount. Not terrible but not great either. I would describe this hotel as minimalist but clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly-Baked chocolate cookies are offered at the desk in the late afternoon.

The hotel is fairly new. The view is pretty ugly-a field or an unpaved parking lot. There is no closet-just a space with hangers. No place to put a suitcase except on top the the desk. No drawers or space to put clothes-you live out of your suitcase. A chair is jammed into the room but you can't use it to watch the TV. You don't want to spend too much time in this room.

The breakfast isn't very good. Just some watered down coffee, cups of jam sweetened yoghurt, hard boiled eggs. I didn't see any hot eggs. There were some scary looking sausages which I didn't try and a toaster with wonder bread.

I have to admit the hotel deserves better than 3 stars but 4 stars (very good) is probably too high a rating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAVID F
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was a little out of the way and required navigating a maze of road construction, but overall was worth the effort. We were pleasantly surprised at the level of this hotel. It was definitely well kept and clean, with friendly, helpful staff and delicious hot cookies in the afternoon. There are a number of restaurants close by as well as stores and gas. Breakfast was the usual. The room had only a shower, no tub, but not a problem if you know what to expect. The price was very reasonable, and we would stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sallinas, CA
Reviewed 16 September 2013

First time at the Sleep Inn in Bend. Couple of miles off the 97 made a little more complicated by lots of road construction and detours through town. Once there, things were fine. Clean rooms and a pet friendly hotel. Took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. Cheap eats nearby, including Subway, Starbucks, and an AM/PM gas station for early gas up and hitting the road. Great brewery just across the street.

Room Tip: Pet friendly and lots of inexpensive places to eat nearby
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Corvallis, OR
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights (weekdays) here last week for a belated anniversary trip and were very happy with it. The staff, from front desk to maid services, were some of the nicest employees we've encountered in a motel staff. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable (second floor). Even though we would have preferred to have a micro and fridge in the room, the staff were quick to offer the microwave in the breakfast area and the hot water for evening tea. They had fresh-baked cookies every afternoon at the front desk and never failed to offer us some as they greeted us each time we walked through the lobby. The pool was heated (a definite plus for me) and the pool area spacious and open to the sun throughout the day. The hot tub jets didn't work, but the water was hot (not a big deal to us but may be to others). The breakfast was better than I expected with waffles made-to-order, assorted donuts (and not just the cheap powdered sugar kind), bagels/bread to toast, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, yogurt, fruit, and sausage. We plan to make the same trip there next year for our getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It is located in an area where you are walking distance to a microbrewery, restaurants, grocery store, gas station and even Costco ! It is an easy drive to downtown Bend. The property itself is clean and not that old-looking, there are 2 sitting areas aside from the breakfast area. It only has 2 floors and I love that there is a staircase by the lobby so that you don't have to wait for the elevator every single time. Breakfast is ok, there is a waffle station, sausage, boiled egg in addition to the usual stuff. They serve pretty decent donuts and coffee/tea is available all day long. My 3yo and I liked the outdoor pool, it was nice to swim outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather without the chlorine smell. Everyone we met was nice and friendly.

While our room was clean and spacious, I found it a little bit dark and sparsely furnished. A nice wall picture would definitely liven it up. Also, I didn't know (and I'm not sure if this true for all rooms) that there was no fridge and microwave oven in the room. There was only 1 ice dispenser in the bfast area and there was a note saying to please not use it to fill an entire cooler. Which could be an issue if you are packing for a picnic by the lake. There is also no tub, only shower in the room but this didn't bother us. If I had known about the fridge/microwave beforehand, I wouldn't have been that disappointed and I would have given this property 4 stars instead of 3.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rdlc
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Newport, What a pleasant surprise. I was expecting kind of a Motel 6 kind of place and was delighted to find that it wasn't that way at all. The rooms are modern, spacious and comfy. There is a lovely pool area and continental breakfast..The Phoenix bar/restaurant is right next door and has great food. Worthy Brewing is across the street and has tasty beer. Oh. Did I mention the staff at Sleep Inn? Why, no I haven't and so let me do that now, Beth, the evening front desk clerk was delightful with her friendliness and sense of humor, We really enjoyed our interaction with her and wished that there were more Beth's in this world.
So in short, or I guess not so short, because I really do go on, a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013