“Great Location, Average Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Bend
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grants Pass, United States
“Great Location, Average Hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Can't beat the location near downtown, but the rooms are just average mid-range accommodations. I don't understand why hotels use cheap, noisy a/c units position right next to the bed. Quite, more efficient units are available. Not a lot of choice in Bend, so I'll probably stay here again or upgrade to the Oxford Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tominbend, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bend, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree for your stay in Bend. We are currently working to upgrade our heating and cooling units in our guest rooms. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went for a week of business in Bend. Tough NOT to enjoy doing business in Bend. Double Tree was good but not great. Lot of construction and pool repairs going on. They do have a very convenient breakfast every morning and nice people serving it. The location is A++. right in the middle of the city's edge. Close to the park, It isn't the best but it is a good hotel for a fair price. I have stayed there every time I have traveled to Bend and will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: There are several rooms with little balconies. get one if available , great views of Broken Top &...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and we are very pleased to hear that you will be returning.
Boise
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice Hotel, great location. I wished they would have given us a heads up on the construction. The hotle was very challenging to enter, no clear sign of where to go in, as the main entrance was blocked.

Room Tip: Request the side overlooking the mountains and downtown.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
tominbend, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bend, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We’ve addressed the issue and put up more proper signage for our building entry.
I hope we’re able to make it up to you in the future.
Stamford, ct
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the DoubleTree because our first choice was full. So we went in skeptical. The Doubletree exceeded our expectations. Not a four star hotel, but the staff was. We arrived late, tired and hungry. The lady at the desk, I wish I could remember her name, was an absolute pleasure. She got us checked in quickly and was full of great suggestions for a place for a quick bite. She was super knowledgeable about Bend and had lists of ideas for us at the ready. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was excellent, complete with a Starbucks and a lot of healthy choices for those of us with food intolerances. While not the Ritz, I would choose the DoubleTree in a heartbeat again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I work in hospitality for the past 6 years and if I treated people the way me and my fiance were treated at this place I wouldn't have a job. The front desk was quick and simple but this also meant I did not receive all the information I needed to know. The first night was terrible due to noise (very thin walls and each time a surrounding room closed their door it sounded as if they had grabbed it, pulled in back and slammed it as hard as they could) We didn't get enough sleep and were unable to sleep in due to the continued noise in the morning. We got up and decided to go to breakfast, upon arriving at breakfast instead of a warm welcome we were asked for our breakfast tickets (which I had not been told were hidden in the packet that my keys came in) I told the guy I didn't have any and instead of asking me if I had left them in my keys packet he told me it would be $9.95 I looked around and decided if I was going to pay for breakfast it needed to look delicious so we left. I finally found my complimentary breakfast passes and on the second morning we went down for breakfast again we were greeted with the question "do you have your breakfast passes?" i handed them to the guy and proceeded to grab breakfast, it was only 9:30 and the eggs and bacon and sausage were cold, old fruit and stale raisin bread, and then to top it off we were sitting down trying to eat when another employee asked if we had our breakfast tickets! at this point I take offense what did we look like thiefs of a nasty breakfast? Was is the color of our skin? (We weren't treated very well all over Bend apparently Hispanics are not okay in their eyes and let me just say that coming from the race I have encountered annoying people as well but we speak perfect English and do not require special attention or special help) So after the breakfast ticket Natsi's ruined our breakfast we left very uneasy at how we were treated because we had not been rude to any of the staff or had even asked for anything they really didn't have to work to satisfy our simple manner yet we were treated as if we were annoying. We get to travel at least 6 times a year and I have not had such an experience before. I won't reveal the place of my employment but as a hint We fight between spot number 1 & 2 on TripAdvisor all year long and our competition is our sister property. And if you are looking for a comfortable business trip stay at a Hampton by Marriott they have free amazing breakfast and treat all customers equally which is what everyone should do! (& no I don't work for Marriott or Hampton, I work for a more privately owned Ocean Front Hotel in Cannon Beach, Oregon)

Room Tip: Ask for no neighbors on any sides this may be the only thing that will eliminate the noise unless th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm sorry to hear your recent stay with us was unpleasant.
It's never our standard to deliver any type of customer service where our guests feel that they were treated unequally. We strive to make every guest feel comfortable and I’m sorry you did not get to experience that.
I hope we have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Several months back I reviewed this hotel ("Bistro bust . . .") and noted some concerns about the "bistro" and breakfast area. Namely the lack of space to meet the demand, particularly when they also booked the breakfast overflow seating area for group meetings. I am very impressed with the fact that hotel management were responsive and have effectively addressed the concerns. They no longer use the breakfast overflow area for meetings. The bistro and breakfast staff are top notch, and provide outstanding service. I have yet to meet a staff member, housekeeping staff included, who were not genuinely pleasant and eager to provide great customer service. Tom, my hat is off to you and your team. It's not easy pleasing customers in the hospitality industry, but I believe you and your staff are diligently doing an outstanding job! Please accept my sincere thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review William.
It's fantastic to hear that we've gone that extra mile during your recent stay with us.
I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Klamath Falls, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely hotel, with excellent accommodations and service. It is perched on a small hill above "Old Town" Bend, a delightful place to visit for both outdoor adventures in nature (hiking, skiing in winter, rafting, bicycling) or city adventures in diverse shops and restaurants which are just minutes away by foot. (The "Jackalope Grill" restaurant located at the base of the hotel has a Parisian chef, and the food and atmosphere are outstanding!) The hotel has recently been remodeled and is very inviting. The rooms are beautifully appointed and immaculate. There is a small morning breakfast room and happy hour bar in the evening that is just off the lobby. Very relaxing and (again) beautifully furnished. I would recommend this hotel as a great place to come to for relaxation in the welcoming town of Bend, Oregon. A very unique setting. You'll want to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Your review is a fantastic read! We look forward to serving you in the future.