“Nice place but needs an uplift.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Lakewood, Washington
“Nice place but needs an uplift.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I spent three days at this inn and wasn't really a place to spend a lot it time in. The room was dark, even with the lights on but fairly clean. Access from the parking lot to the room wasn't easy. The housekeeping service was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
MaBriz,

Thank you for commenting on your stay. We are working on getting some updates completed. Please come back and give us a try the next time you are in Bend.

Kevin Coelsch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Me and my Family always stop in Bend on our way to California for our yearly trip. we don't always have to necessarily stop in Bend but we make it a point. Not only is Bend great (especially during the Summer), but The Shilo is one of our favorite places to stay anywhere. The hotel is a bit aged but we always feel so welcome when we are there. Our last visit we extended our stay just because we were having such a great time. We literally went out our back door and put our fishing poles in the beautiful Deschutes river. The first night we were there we booked a king with a view of the river and because we extended our stay we decided to upgrade to a king Jacuzzi river view. We expected to have to pay another $70+ for the upgrade, but the nice ladies at the front desk upgraded just for another $20. We were quit surprised considering the last hotel ( Best Western ) we were at charged us $75 to upgrade. The staff are all so accommodating, they all go out of there way to satisfy our needs and make you feel welcome. The property is well maintained. We see tons of dogs but never see any mess from them, That goes for the ducks as well. Every guest gets a free hot buffet breakfast daily and the breakfast has plenty of hot and cold choices. We ate at the lounge for dinner and redeemed our free drink voucher we got when we checked in. the food was great and Scott (I think his name is) was just hilarious. Very easy to interact with him. Like I said we make it a point to stop here and will continue to. See you next year Shilo!

Room Tip: get a river view room in the 500 building!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Henry P
Henry P,

Thank you for stopping by and staying with us again this year. It sounds like you had a great time. I hope you were able to catch a few fish during your stay. I will be sure to let the staff know about your nice comments.

Vancouver, Wa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Ambiance of river view was great, however, the Queen size bed needed to be replaced a year or two prior to our stay. Only two pillows provided, leaking sink in the bathroom..........limited cable tv choices..........

Room Tip: stay next door at the Riverhouse if you can get a river view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Charles S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is always good to hear what guests liked or disliked about their stay. I am sorry that you did not find the bed to your liking. We do replace mattresses regularly and do provide extra pillows upon request. We also have a maintenance person on site 24 hours a day to repair any problems that may occur.

Kevin Coelsch

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Grand Haven, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were here for four nights with a large group of people, and I have to say that there was really nothing wrong at all. The staff were all friendly, the breakfast buffet was quite good, the rooms were (reasonably) clean and the services were all adequate. In fact, that is a great word to describe the experience...adequate. But while I can offer no reason for you not to stay here, I would personally probably say 'been there, done that' and look for another place.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve M,

Thank you for choosing the Shilo Inn when you were in Bend. It is nice to hear what you thought of your stay. Please do come again and give the Shilo Inn another try.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

After reading a few reviews we were somewhat apprehensive about staying at Shilo Inn Bend.. We arrive at 2.00pm and the young lady on reception could not have been more pleasant. Although her computer seemed to be on the blink we were checked in quickly and found our room was pristine with lots of space, modern clean amenities and the river view..beds were comfortable, carpets modern and clean, both rooms spotless, we will definitely look for Shilo Inns on our next visit. Breakfast was adequate choices of hot or cold buffet, staff on checkout were extremely pleasant, great location, great surroundings and easy to find, a credit to the manager in our opinion. We both travel regularly and extensively here in USA, ASIA,EUROPE, please take it from me I write exactly what I see and experience, Shilo Inn at Bend was great value for us.

Room Tip: Block 500 river view two queen beds.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
David L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I will pass on your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Bend.

Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I'll get the bad review out of the way first from our trip taking in Seattle to San Francisco. This was booked by our holiday company and we had a fairly long drive around 4 hours to get here. Downtown Bend is a very nice place, the Shilo Inn isn't. We arrived at 3pm and didn't know check in was 4pm so we drove wearily into Bend to kill an hour whilst they got our room ready. When we got back there was a different lady on reception who greeted us with a surly "Gotta name?" which she then proceeded to get wrong even though it was printed on our voucher. (This young lady was the only rude person we encountered on our entire trip in numerous hotels and restaurants, so congratulations!) Presumably because I pointed out she'd got my name wrong she got revenge by putting us in the worst room in the place, or are they all this bad?
I'm not sure what they meant by getting our room ready, but if it meant urinating on the toilet seat, leaving human hair stuck to the outside of the basin, staining the chairs so that we didn't want to sit on them, and making the room look like it hadn't been decorated for 30 years then they succeeded! Oh and did I mention the wonderful view? Our room on the second floor corridor (reminded me of run down local authority blocks in the UK) had the picturesque outlook of.....the glaring red coke machine. The decor was terrible and the furniture looked like it has been picked up off skips, we didn't want to sit on anything or have our clothes come in contact with any of the fabrics, the room also smelled strongly of cigarette smoke as did reception despite the supposed no smoking policy. We've stayed in some right dumps especially in Brighton, Sussex UK which is renowned for terrible B&Bs who don't give a rat's because they know there's another mug waiting to book, and this was up, or rather down there with the worst of them. We were only here for one night thankfully, and because of the attractions of Bend's wonderful brew pubs we had a lovely night in Bend and bizarrely got a very good night's sleep.
The shower worked fine and complex had an outdoor and I think an indoor pool which I didn't use.
Sorry Shilo Inns but if this is the standard of your rooms and what you call customer service then it was very much at odds with our experience at the other 7 hotels. In the words of the American character in the Fawlty Towers episode Waldorf Salad "I wouldn't board my dog here."
Oh and one final thing, nearly two weeks after staying there and despite the room being prepaid and us not spending a cent there, they still haven't repaid my room guarantee deposit, despite me having the credit slip to confirm.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan H
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear AFCMorant,

I am disappointed to read that you were not happy with your stay. I am sorry that you thought the front desk person was rude to you. That is something that is not acceptable. I have had a meeting with the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff to discuss the issues you brought up.
I did look at your reservation and see that you did book one of our standard king rooms. These are the rooms on property that do face the breeze way and parking lot. All of our other rooms have balconies or patios that face the outdoor pool and courtyard or the Deschutes River. If you were unhappy with your room we would have been more than willing to see if we had something more to your liking.
I did check on the status of the hold on your card. We releases any hold on you card the day you checked out. Once we have released the hold it can be 3 to 10 business days for your credit card company to process.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Portland, Oregon USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We just returned from a great 4-day visit for a convention held at the Shilo Inn, Bend, Oregon
it was fabulous! Rooms were pleasing and very clean. The food was outstanding and their desserts were terrific. They did everything for our convention, rooms, food, buffet, catering, helping set up. You name it -it was taken care of. Wonderful staff and helpers from the cleaning folks, to servers, bartender extra TLC given to us -don't forget to order the home made potato chips-yum. All in all EXCELLENT we will be back and we recommend the Shilo Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Peggy,

Thank you for all your nice comment. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on all you comments to the staff. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Bend.