“Enjoyed our stay”

Crane Prairie Reservoir Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Crane Prairie Reservoir Campground
Ranked #9 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Bend
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, 2008. The weather was rainy, which hampered our ability to really see everything this camp ground has to offer. We spent most of our time around the campsite under our canopy, and didn't really get to hiking and exploring around.

From what we did experience though, the campground was quite well kept up. The grounds and facilities were very clean. There were pit toilets within the campground, and flush toilets and showers near the "resort". The shower facilities did not have mirrors or electric plug-ins.

The area was very beautiful, and I would have liked to spend some time exploring it. There is interesting lava rock throughout the campground, in large climbable mounds and scattered around the earth and ringing the fire pits. Most camp sites were not very private though. There is not a lot of undergrowth in that area and type of forest, so there isn't a lot of vegetation to visually separate one camp site from the other. However, this does allow for many campsites to have lovely view of the lake.

The lake is quite lovely, with a great view of the three sisters when it isn't too cloudy. There is fishing and boat rentals. Where we were, the lake was quite shallow near the shore, so fishing from the shore was just not an option.

This campground will not make it on my list of favorite campgrounds, but we had a nice time, and enjoyed our stay. If I could ensure that I was able to reserve a private campsite (and I thought the weather would be nicer) I would happily stay here again. I can't say that I would recommend it to friends, though. There are so many campgrounds in that area, that there may be something better out there.

3  Thank galaxyfish