“booking.com rates this at a 8.9, what a freaking joke”
Review of Chalet Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Chalet Motel
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Seattle, Washington
“booking.com rates this at a 8.9, what a freaking joke”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

bookings high rating mislead me reserving a room here over the 4th,

after being moved to another room because the toilet was broken
the next room was not much better, poorly managed as the rooms are not keep up very well, bugs in the restroom and manager is not very concerned about it, refer defrosted, and lamps not working, carpets very dirty. toilet seat needed to be fixed and hard to understand managers

the water hammer was so loud it woke me up when next door neighbor took a shower

i just fixed what I could and dealt with it thinking motel 6 is a palace compared to this!!

this would be ok at 20 bucks a night but at 75 its a rip off

don't go!!!! save yourself the misery

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank b d

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bend
Reviewed 27 July 2013

It is my advice to stay away from this motel,

It is smoke infested and the rooms are in such horrible condition, and the remodel is of the poorest quality.

The carpet is filthy.

The bathroom showers are in poor condition.

No ice machine.

IT WAS A BAD EXPERIENCE FOR MY FAMILY.

Don't go there if you do not smoke.

It smells nasty.

We were sent there by Cascade Lodge Motel in Bend, Or.

BEWARE!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Kenneth K

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We were tired and really wanted a walk in motel because of our two pets. The room really wasn't that bad, it even had two beds which was nice because of our dogs. The price is right for what you get. I didn't want to spend a lot, or we would have stayed at a nicer hotel. The real complaint is that you would have to be an idiot not to see the drug dealing going on. Where are the Bend police and why is this allowed? I wouldn't walk my dogs with out my hubby going with me, and I own a Pit Bull. Not bad if you want to save on cost.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kaye B
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2011

this place has so many meth delers,attic. loc live here fighting, bettween drug dealres, homeless people comming to buy drugs. this is not for people whith kids. bend was full of wood stove smoke, could tast the wood burning in the air, burning eyes, lung burnging from all smoke in bend. this is not a place for people with breathing prop. cold,windy valcanic rock blowing all over, could not go jogging, no walks, dirt dust flying every place. the person that told me bend was nice plase to vac for 2 weeks, LIED!! i will never come to bend agin 2 weeks of helll hole. there R better mottels on 82 AVE in portland oregon, safer 2. my alarm on my van was set of evrey nite. ben has a major meth prop, drug prop, the only thing tha got me throu it was the chinnes rest next door, great food fast, nice this is a top a line rest. to bad its in bend. dont wast ur vacatin in bend

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cdx1118
Salem, OR
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Worst place I've ever stayed. I was on my way to go camping so I'm really not picky. This place was Filthy. Had the same experience as last person - no room at other motel. My dog was allowed but I had to pay an extra $5 in cash, which the proprietor tucked away.
I did not want to stay here, but all the other motels in Bend were booked. My daughter & I were bitten by bed bugs. I woke up to find them crawling on the pillows. Carpets were messy.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BeanMom2
California
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Not happy with this motel! Chalet, Cascade Lodge, Holiday Motel and Motel West is evidently owned by the same family and/or group of people. I made reservations for 2 nights at the Cascade Lodge with a credit card approximately 2 weeks in advance. They ask what time we would arrive and I told them between 4:00 and 6:00 since we were traveling a long distance and didn't know the exact time. I also told them we had a dog, which they said was no problem and would charge us a $10.00 fee. When we arrived at 4:30, at the Cascade Lodge he said they were full and had already given our room away. He said he had a room for us in the Chalet Motel and said it was a very nice room, they had just remodeled it, and we would be very happy with it. We paid the Cascade Lodge for the 2 nights and drove to the Chalet Motel. What disappointment! This room would make Motel 6 look like a 5 star motel. Very small, sparely furnished and was okay clean, but not as clean as it could have been. The pillows were very flat and since both my husband and I need 2 pillows to sleep well, I went to the office and ask if he had 2 extra pillows. He very curtly told me he only had one and in the same breath accused me of not telling anyone we had a dog. I tried to explain that I did and he kept shaking his head saying no. It wasn't as if we were trying to sneak the dog in....she's a Dalmatian...hard to hid. Plus the fact as soon as we got there I put her on her leash and took her for a walk while my husband took suitcases in. The rest of the evening the man at the desk was very rude when we saw him...was so rude that we didn't stay the second night, just left and didn't even ask for our money back.

Stayed June 2008