“The best of Bend”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“The best of Bend”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We arrived very late on a Thursday night after 10 1/2 hours of travelling. Our valet, Todd, set the tone for our weekend in Bend. He and Paul at the front desk greeted us as if we were frequent guests, genuinely happy to see us in. It was actually our first, but not our last time at The Oxford.

After a quick check-in Todd showed us to our room, set our bags in and gave us the tour of the room and facilities and services available. The king size bed had a Tempupedic mattress and two beautiful sets of pillows in two different degrees of firmness. The hotel also has a pillow menu if guests prefer something different. A sofa, two tables, two stuffed chairs, a chest of drawers and a desk with chair rounded out the furniture. Two large closets, one containing a safe and two large drawers provided more than ample room for clothes. A very large bathroom with glass shower and jet tub was very well designed.

The restaurant, 10 Below, served a great breakfast. No other way to describe it. The Minnesota Room room next to 10 Below also serves as the Jazz at the Oxford jazz club. We were fortunate to attend two functions at the club with fantastic sounds by great musicians. The Oxford did a wonderful job with setup, decorating and catering for the parties.

For guests interested The Oxford also has complimentary use of some Breedlove guitars, made locally in Bend. They are beautiful!

When checking out our valet, Jason, was equally friendly and cordial.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific. Our sixth floor room on the front side of the hotel faced the distant mount...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Captlatitude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
US
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here on business for about a week. The staff was outstanding (thanks Todd) - the room was appointed nicely - great location - when I was at hotel by myself on days when I did not have the car - the hotel staff provides shuttle service to other local spots on request. The on site fitness center is very nice - I sat up there for a while one night looking out the windows as the sun started to set . My only complaint was the air handling system in my room - I did not complain during my stay as I thought I was coming down with something and was super sensitive to the noise and was getting dried out at night - but when we returned for several days to Portland to another hotel I was fine - so in retrospect I probably should have asked for an engineer to look at the air handler so I got a better nights sleep while there (oh well) - I only relay this in case you think your air handler and circulated air is too dry - it may well be - don't suffer in silence....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a cute little hotel, we just loved it and will stay again the next time we're in Bend. You couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was fantastic and the restaurant in the hotel, below street level, is quite tasty. We booked activities through the front desk, a real desk with chairs not the grocery store shopping line.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Audra H
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Great service. Steve was great and helped us several times during our stay with information about where to go, where to eat or that perfect drive through the Central Oregon countryside. Super hotel - convenient to all things downtown - love the French press coffee.

Stayed October 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 25 October 2013

First class from every aspect. Staff is very well trained. Its a bit pricey. But worth it if you want to treat yourself.We stayed in Terrace Suite and it was very nice. Restaurant was a great surprise. Great cocktails and food was first rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moderntraveler1
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were greeted by the valet with a genuine smile and offer to assist. Everything from that moment on was an example of customer service at its best. We felt welcomed at each encounter throughout our stay.

Our room was spacious, extremely well equipped with high quality amenities and, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable beds ever.

We thoroughly enjoyed both dinner and breakfast In "10 Below", the hotel restaurant. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients fill the menu and are prepared beautifully.

We will be back and highly recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank OahuOma
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I ended up at this hotel a few months ago because another hotel in town gave my room away at 11:00pm at night so this was the only place left with a room. That was the best blessing! I will now only stay here when I'm in town for business. I have not experienced this level of service and hospitality even at a Four Seasons. Tommy and Todd the bellmen I've interacted with bend (no pun intended) over backwards to settle you into your room, ensure you get in safely (I usually arrive very late in the evening). They offer to get you ice, ask if you need suggestions for dinner, remind you to order breakfast....the list goes on and on. The front desk is just as friendly upon arrival and check out. Frank at the front desk even personally fixed my computer when I had internet trouble. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. Even the maids are consistently friendly. I can't say enough about this place. I can't imagine there's a better place to stay in Bend.

• Stayed October 2013