1,379 results
All reviewspillow menufrench pressdowntown bendboutique hotelturn down serviceheart of downtownsteam roomamazing hotelthe lower levelthe location is perfectground coffeesitting areabeautiful roomdrake parkfitness centerbusiness tripstayed longer
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can't say enough about this Hotel. From the second you pull into Downtown Bend and arrive at the Hotel the lively and friendly staff greet you with a warm and genuine Hello. From their you walk through the glass doors which reveals a very luxurious but understated class that is uniquely Bend. From the beautiful Great Pyrenees Dog that greeted us as he laid sprawled out on the floor of the Hotel (The General Manager's Dog) to the ultra friendly check-in staff that arranged an upgrade for me while we were assisted by the Fantastic Concierge, we could have been at the Peninsula or the Regent Beverly Wilshire but No we were at the Oxford. As a Seasoned Traveler whose life depends hotels and its staff, i want to be as helpful and exact to other travelers abut the hotel. Bend is the Orange County of Oregon. Here just steps from the hotel lobby door you will find shopping, wine bars, restaurants and other places that will keep your attention. A short walk from the hotel and you will be at a beautiful park to sit and relax and enjoy the weather. I only know of Bend in the Summer because we don't do Cold so beware that this post is only about the Summertime. For those that like outdoor areas to maybe sit by a fire or smoke a cigar, about a 5 minute or less walk from the Hotel you hit McMinninmans (sic) with its outdoor patio and cigar, scotch and wine list.The Rooms in the hotel are perfect for a family. Small kitchens and stoves make life so easy. The wait time for elevators are minimal and the room service has your food to your door in 15 minutes or less. The food at the Hotel is actually quite refreshing. The food is not overly complicated, but it is delivered with perfection as per the menu. Don't be hoping for Lobster, Fois Gois or Caviar but the prices are inlign with the quality. The beds in the hotel are superb and they give you the option of choosing different pillows, which always goes over very well with my wife. Every evening you are greeted with Turn Down service and an amazing chocolate bar... The restaurant Below is also nice and has a little extended offering then room service. The staff at the hotel are first rate and it shows that they are working in a place that they have pride in. Their are though a few downsides. 1. If you are looking to relax and enjoy the amazing Bend Summer at a pool with a cocktail this is not the place. 2. If you are looking to cuddle up over a glass of champagne and rent a movie, the The Hotel does not have any pay per view movies which is quite shocking. 3. The Hotel seems a little understaffed as when you call room service you have to wait or get a call back because their seems to be only one staffer. That being said, every Hotel by its nature is gonna have issues, but in its totality, the Oxford gets 5 stars and it is well worth the price…..You can't and won't go wrong and this Gem in Bend

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I chose the Oxford Hotel for a quick vacation due to the very favorable Trip Advisor rating (#10 in the U.S.). I have to say that the hotel is gorgeous and the staff is nice, friendly and helpful. I would describe the room decor as "rustic chic" with dark woods and lamp stands made with ceramic antlers. I requested and received a room on the 7th floor which is the same floor as the fitness facility. That came in very handy for workouts and using the facility's sauna, steam room and hot tub. The fitness facility itself is very limited (a few bikes, elliptical, helix machine, free weights, bonsu balls and cable machine). I was a little disappointed that it did not have a treadmill or any weight machines designed for lower body/legs. The view from the fitness room is absolutely beautiful. I also enjoyed the sauna, hot tub and steam room although I will say the steam room is extremely hot! The steam would come on every 2 minutes which sometimes left me feeling like I was cooking in there. Back to the room- I had a nice view of the mountains and the room was quite large and comfortable. I didn't take advantage of the pillow bar but I loved the pillows that were already on the bed. The bathroom has a large deep tub and separate rain shower that were both amazing. My only complaint is if you are a light sleeper there are a number of "noises" you'll hear from the heater/air conditioner and lights. The heater noise was the most noticeable especially while sleeping but whenever overhead lights are on you can hear buzzing and that applies to bot the room and bathroom overhead lights. The hotel is situated within walking distance of many downtown shops, restaurants and bars as well as the river. I didn't have a car and never felt I needed one.

I did check out the hotel restaurant both for breakfast in-room dining and in person for cocktails and dessert. The food was just "okay" and in my opinion it is overpriced for the quality. I had better meals in town during my stay which we're much more memorable and affordable.

Only other comment I have is I was traveling for my birthday (which I do every year) and while other hotels have acknowledged or done something special for the occasion (even something as small as a note upon arrival with a small pastry makes a difference), no one at The Oxford even mentioned it until I was checking out. It's not something that's required of course but it definitely makes one feel like a "special" guest and adds to the experience.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned the 7th floor is best if you want the most convenient access to the fitness center, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vinylcollectors
Reviewed 19 June 2014

First, staff is great. But travelers need to be aware of two problems before booking. One is that the a/c heating units are extremely loud, are positioned right near the beds and turn on like a meat grinder every ten or fifteen minutes making sleeping difficult. Then the wireless system is antiquated. It logs you out completely if you so much as put the cover on your IPad. You end up waiting a ridiculously long time for the hotel homepage to come back up again to get back online. When I mentioned this to the hotel manager, he said it was the first complaint he'd had on this matter. A day later, on check out, one of the hotel employees told me this problem drives the staff itself crazy, and that it was like the old dial-up system. So was the manager not being honest? It's a shame, really. The rooms are lovely, the location is wonderful. Just be aware of the drawbacks. I wish I had known of these problems before booking. I hope the hotel can correct them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Cippolini
WesternTrvlr, General Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

It was a pleasure to speak to you today. Thank you for taking my call. We appreciate that you took the time to recognize our customer service associates as a highlight to your visit, as well as inform us of concerns, which we are addressing. It is only through informative, candid feedback, such as yours, that we are able to continue to improve our guests' experience. Thank you once again, and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After traveling for a month staying in unique and fine accommodations abroad and in the United States, we were guests in this beautiful hotel. This hotel has the special touches that made our stay unique and very special.
For the first time in our travels, we brought our two dogs with us. From the moment our car door opened and the friendly staff met us, there was no doubt in our minds that both we and our dogs were welcome. The room we shared with our dogs was on the floor for guests with dogs. It was amazingly sound proofed so that if there was any barking from other dogs we did not hear it.
The suite was beautiful and furnished with outstanding amenities plus extras. The beds were inviting and comfortable.The pillow menu was a serendipitous surprise. The kitchen was perfectly appointed with a surprise of French press and delicious coffee provided with the room. Once could comfortably stay for an extended period.
The decor of the hotel, rooms and dining room is understated elegance making it warm and welcoming with an element of first class without being fussy.
The restaurant experience was excellent. We dined at 10 Below for dinner, breakfast and cocktails. Again we experienced not only delicious and beautifully presented food, but also a very welcoming staff.
Each member of the staff who assisted us was available when needed without being intrusive. Every one we met was genuinely friendly, helpful and kind.
As two who travel extensively and have stayed in many fine hotels, we found The Oxford Hotel to be one of the most comfortable and welcoming hotels with a restaurant that has a menu to please any palate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side have a balcony. No street noises were noted.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen93921
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

From the minute we pulled up to the curb to the minute we left (3 days later) we were treated as if we were special! The staff was always attentive and went beyond expectations. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The city of Bend is a very cute and clean town, and the surrounding area was scenic. A very nice treat indeed!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

As cliché as it may sound, we really do want each of our guests to feel special. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for choosing the Oxford!