The Oxford Hotel
US$89
US$55
US$258
US$229
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$190
Hampton.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$165
Doubletree.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$235
Wall Street Suites(Bend)
US$213
1,285 results
All reviewspillow menufrench press coffeedowntown bendboutique hotelturn down serviceheart of downtownsteam roomamazing hotelthe entire stafffavorite hotelthe lower leveltop floorthe location is perfectground coffeesitting areadrake parkbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Oxford was recommended to us so we decided to give it a try. The minute we drove up we were greeted and given first class service until the time we drove away. The room was well appointed and spacious. The bathroom includes a tub as well as a shower with a great shower head. Our room had a balcony. The hotel is located right in downtown Bend so you are close to dining and shopping and the staff is very knowledgable and helpful. It is also well located to the highway systems. There is a restaurant on property and bicycles for use to wander around the city. We found the city to be very walkable from the hotel location. We highly recommend the Oxford and will return ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stylish room with super comfy bed and a "pillow menu". Big bathroom, with deep soaking tub and separate shower. All spotless and beautiful. The location is great, right in the middle of everything downtown. The concierge recommended a great lunch spot on the river (Pine Tavern), and drove us to our vacation rental outside of town at the end of our stay for no charge. Next time we come to Bend, this is where we'll stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmieeandJohn
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I'm sitting in the window seat of my beautifully appointed room writing this review. From the moment we rolled into the small lobby, we have experienced wonderful service. Check in was great and the room I exceeds expectations. Big, well stocked bath, French press coffee, "technology power bar,". It's all here. I wish we could extend our stay. Other hotels should take a lesson from the Oxbow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can't say enough about this Hotel. From the second you pull into Downtown Bend and arrive at the Hotel the lively and friendly staff greet you with a warm and genuine Hello. From their you walk through the glass doors which reveals a very luxurious but understated class that is uniquely Bend. From the beautiful Great Pyrenees Dog that greeted us as he laid sprawled out on the floor of the Hotel (The General Manager's Dog) to the ultra friendly check-in staff that arranged an upgrade for me while we were assisted by the Fantastic Concierge, we could have been at the Peninsula or the Regent Beverly Wilshire but No we were at the Oxford. As a Seasoned Traveler whose life depends hotels and its staff, i want to be as helpful and exact to other travelers abut the hotel. Bend is the Orange County of Oregon. Here just steps from the hotel lobby door you will find shopping, wine bars, restaurants and other places that will keep your attention. A short walk from the hotel and you will be at a beautiful park to sit and relax and enjoy the weather. I only know of Bend in the Summer because we don't do Cold so beware that this post is only about the Summertime. For those that like outdoor areas to maybe sit by a fire or smoke a cigar, about a 5 minute or less walk from the Hotel you hit McMinninmans (sic) with its outdoor patio and cigar, scotch and wine list.The Rooms in the hotel are perfect for a family. Small kitchens and stoves make life so easy. The wait time for elevators are minimal and the room service has your food to your door in 15 minutes or less. The food at the Hotel is actually quite refreshing. The food is not overly complicated, but it is delivered with perfection as per the menu. Don't be hoping for Lobster, Fois Gois or Caviar but the prices are inlign with the quality. The beds in the hotel are superb and they give you the option of choosing different pillows, which always goes over very well with my wife. Every evening you are greeted with Turn Down service and an amazing chocolate bar... The restaurant Below is also nice and has a little extended offering then room service. The staff at the hotel are first rate and it shows that they are working in a place that they have pride in. Their are though a few downsides. 1. If you are looking to relax and enjoy the amazing Bend Summer at a pool with a cocktail this is not the place. 2. If you are looking to cuddle up over a glass of champagne and rent a movie, the The Hotel does not have any pay per view movies which is quite shocking. 3. The Hotel seems a little understaffed as when you call room service you have to wait or get a call back because their seems to be only one staffer. That being said, every Hotel by its nature is gonna have issues, but in its totality, the Oxford gets 5 stars and it is well worth the price…..You can't and won't go wrong and this Gem in Bend

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I chose the Oxford Hotel for a quick vacation due to the very favorable Trip Advisor rating (#10 in the U.S.). I have to say that the hotel is gorgeous and the staff is nice, friendly and helpful. I would describe the room decor as "rustic chic" with dark woods and lamp stands made with ceramic antlers. I requested and received a room on the 7th floor which is the same floor as the fitness facility. That came in very handy for workouts and using the facility's sauna, steam room and hot tub. The fitness facility itself is very limited (a few bikes, elliptical, helix machine, free weights, bonsu balls and cable machine). I was a little disappointed that it did not have a treadmill or any weight machines designed for lower body/legs. The view from the fitness room is absolutely beautiful. I also enjoyed the sauna, hot tub and steam room although I will say the steam room is extremely hot! The steam would come on every 2 minutes which sometimes left me feeling like I was cooking in there. Back to the room- I had a nice view of the mountains and the room was quite large and comfortable. I didn't take advantage of the pillow bar but I loved the pillows that were already on the bed. The bathroom has a large deep tub and separate rain shower that were both amazing. My only complaint is if you are a light sleeper there are a number of "noises" you'll hear from the heater/air conditioner and lights. The heater noise was the most noticeable especially while sleeping but whenever overhead lights are on you can hear buzzing and that applies to bot the room and bathroom overhead lights. The hotel is situated within walking distance of many downtown shops, restaurants and bars as well as the river. I didn't have a car and never felt I needed one.

I did check out the hotel restaurant both for breakfast in-room dining and in person for cocktails and dessert. The food was just "okay" and in my opinion it is overpriced for the quality. I had better meals in town during my stay which we're much more memorable and affordable.

Only other comment I have is I was traveling for my birthday (which I do every year) and while other hotels have acknowledged or done something special for the occasion (even something as small as a note upon arrival with a small pastry makes a difference), no one at The Oxford even mentioned it until I was checking out. It's not something that's required of course but it definitely makes one feel like a "special" guest and adds to the experience.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned the 7th floor is best if you want the most convenient access to the fitness center, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo