“Run! The reviews are correct :-(”
Review of Bend Value Inn

Bend Value Inn
Ranked #43 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Bellevue, Washington
“Run! The reviews are correct :-(”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Believe the reviews guys.. I know I didn't, and I have a first hand account of shoddy treatment to tell you all.
We made a reservation a couple of weeks in advance. Two days before our trip, I tried calling them several times to confirm our reservation, and guess what.. no-one picked up the phone.. for two whole days.
We reached the motel in the evening, tired from our travels, only to have the unprofessional staff tell us that we didn't have a reservation at all! Some welcome. To top it all, the unprofessional lady didn't even pretend to be sorry. Apparently expedia overbooks, so the motel is not at fault at all.
I'm glad we had a chance to walk away though, the location was shady, smelly and the rooms would have been disappointing too, given the (un) professionalism of the staff.
So please please please.. spend the extra 15 bucks and go to a better place..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Meenal23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My daughter and family were going to make a long distance trip to visit My grandchildrens GREATGrandmother. Reservations were made with Bend Value Inn and we offered and were told that prepayment was not necessary. The day before my daughter arrived we called and confirmed the reservations. No problem. The room will be ready and waiting. On my daughters arrival they went to check in and were told in broken english, by the only one of the employees that was present that would come out of the backroom and speak to us that there was NO room available for them and they might want to try checking into Motel 6. Because of a number of special events going on in the area our many phone calls to a multitude of other establishments seeking an open room for them failed miserably. At that point everyone was said to be booked up. NEVER in 50 years of travel have I encountered a less professional establishment. This website proclaims many virtues for staying at Bend Value Inn. Not so. Do Not for any reason believe that this would be a pleasant stay IF they actually honored your reservations. I will never again keep my opinions to myself about this farce of an establishment.

Room Tip: Do not risk a stay in This establishment
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Larry H

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

portland
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I grew up in Bend, so I come back regularly to visit friends and family. As I've gotten older, having my own space during my stay has been important, so I gladly pay for a hotel room.

Low on money for my usual place (summer rates are outrageous), I chose Bend Value Inn. The reviews I skimmed over seemed fine. I don't need extras in my room, just A/C, a bed, and a clean bathroom. This room had all three, plus a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and cable. That's pretty sweet in my book. Also, I grew up in that part of town so I'm well aware that it isn't the greatest area, but I never felt unsafe there.

However, when I booked the room, I didn't realize that this was a "daily/weekly rate" kind of place. So, it was really uncomfortable to notice the long term tenants eyeing us while we unloaded the car after check in. I wondered if I should be worried or...? I joked about it with my boyfriend before going to bed that night, but after hearing a group of drunk or high people behind the inn whooping it up and revving their cars, I was seriously tempted to barricade the door with a dresser or something. The fact that you had to ring a bell to be let into the manager's office to check in didn't bode well, either.

So, the room was nice enough, and based on that alone, sure I'd stay there again. However, being among long term residents made me feel uncomfortable, like I was invading their space or something, and that's enough to make me avoid the place in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bl00dyn0se
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Great for solo or couple stays. I came in on a Friday and was pleased with the close proximity to downtown and the old mill. No frills, cheap, and simple. The young man at the front desk was helpful and answered all my questions about the town, such as things to do and where to find good food. Not sure what all these bad reviews expected... you're not going to get an executive style stay, it's for people who actually care about how much money they spend!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Andrew S
Independence, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Upon my first arrival in Bend, actually during my move, the Bend Value Inn is where I called home for 2 days. It was clean, comfortable, and affordable! The staff there was very nice and helped me to get my barrings when moving in and out of my room. I give the BVI two thumbs up and would recommend to any of my friends!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Curtis D
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We made our reservation on this website the day before we arrived. When we got to the bend value inn, it was 9 pm and the Indian office people said there was no vacancy. We have them our booking # and told them we had a reservation but they did not seem to understand and very impatient. ( especially the indian guy, he even seemed angry for some reason) They did not apologize for any of our inconvience. They told us to go to a motel 6 nearby and promised it wouldn't charge us again since we paid already when makin the reservation. But they did not give us very good directions because they did not speak very clearly, and we were charged the second time in the motel 6. Anyway it was extremely ridiculous and we had never encountered anything like this in the US. I'm not trying to be a racist but their unwelcoming and unfriendly attitude disgusted me. I would strongly recommend you do not make any reservation

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Yeahbbb
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 10 July 2012

When checking in, the "lobby" front door was locked. We were greeted by a lady who barely opened the door a crack to see what we wanted. She didn't speak English very well. Perhaps it didn't dawn on her we were checking in. We had room #9, it smelled horrible. The sheets were sandy and paper thin. The pillows were flat. We left the room key on the table and walked out. I couldn't wait to wash my hands.

Room Tip: Should have read the reviews first, never would have stayed here
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family