“Gorgeous Lake”
Review of Cultus Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Cultus Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Bend
Dallas, Oregon, United States
“Gorgeous Lake”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The lake is breathtaking! Clean amazing water. Our cabin was great and actually bigger than I expected which was wonderful. It was clean and comfortable. The staff is a bit "crabby" at times which is a little intimidating, but sometimes you hit them at a good time and they are really nice. Not sure what is going on there. mooring our boat at the dock was great, and the other "campers" were so nice and helpful. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the server was very good. I liked the fact that there was no technology there to really get away from media.

Room Tip: If you don't like rustic cabins, it's not for you. I loved it! The cabins overlooking the l...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Lisa W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oregon, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have visited the cabins many times in the last fifteen years, as a guest of friends staying there. The way guests are treated is astonishingly poor. Every time I've been there as a guest, something different has happened that has soured me to the management at this resort. Jenny is not a nice person. I used to take my kids to get ice cream in the restaurant, but the kids are treated so poorly by Jenny that I don't care to give the restaurant any more money. They don't seem to understand that customers ARE THEIR LIVELIHOOD and without customers, they wouldn't have a business. Dan and Jenny, you should be kissing the behinds of your customers, not belittling, ignoring and reprimanding them at every turn. If a problem arises, have you considered working something out, instead of being such mean people?
Cultus is an absolutely beautiful lake, but something happens every year to confirm the fact that the resort management / owners are not there to help families have a good time, but to make as much money as possible. They don't understand that customer service will go a long way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
18 Thank Sally B
Seattle
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The CLR has been a destination for me and my family for the last 8 years. It upholds a traditions dating back to the 1950s but carefully modernizes the cabins to keep them clean comfortable and safe. The family that owns the CLR is a wonderful example of what family is all about. I am already looking forward to next year and we just got back from this year's trip yesterday! For dinner, breakfast or lunch, for a day a week or a month, there is no place we can think of that is a better destination.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank aberdog
SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our family - of four generations have been seeking out places to stay for the last 30 years. My wife and I stumbled upon this place last summer (road trip) and though it would be a great place to take the family this year (2013) - We were not disappointed - it was excellent. We had a number of units - about 21 adults and some very young children.

The place if very family friendly - had a great restaurant (loved the all you could eat RIBs night) - nice beach - water sport access (my Brother in law had a ski boat) - and fishing. We also took a few hikes in the area - may bring the mountain bikes next year.

Read the Web site before coming - it is very accurate and informs you what they provide and what you need to bring (e.g. bedding)

We loved it - and will be back again next year - and hopefully many more.

Byron B

2 Thank Byron B
Redding, California, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and girls decided to spend a few days at Cultus Lake with great friends. It seemed like a long trip to get to a lake, however once we found this little resort, we were beyond thrilled. It was absolutely picturesque and they have friendliest staff. We made the decision to return the following summer for an entire week. I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Nics F
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our families have visited the resort almost every year since it was built in 1954. The facilities under these owners are particularly clean and well repaired, swimming and boating areas are clearly and safely marked and the grounds have been planted and maintained beautifully. The scenery is incredible and the amenities abundant (kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, fishing boats, jet skis and more!). There is much good hiking, biking and fishing in the immediate area, as well, and Bend is less than an hour away (and Sun River, even closer). In addition to the 20+ cabins (most with kitchens) there is a restaurant (with great ribs on Friday and Saturday nights!) and a store that sells almost everything from bandages to t-shirts and fishing lures. Service was prompt and cheerful and, I believe, everything was reasonably priced. I think of it as a perfect balance between a Four Seasons Hotel and camping in the extreme. ALWAYS enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Most cabins have a lake views, #'s 5 through 10 are the biggest and have, I believe, the best v...
1 Thank Bill F
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A beautiful location can only remain that way if it is well taken care of. The Cultus Lake Resort operators have done a remarkable job over the years of maintaining the facility and atmosphere to offer a wonderful vacation experience.
We have been coming to Cultus for over 40 years and each trip becomes more special to our family and friends. The resort has only gotten better and the impact to the surroundings has been carefully managed.
Each lake resort offers different views and experiences and just like restaurants, there is one for everybody. I like Cultus for the quiet, rustic, family friendly and high quality experience year after year.

Room Tip: Take the time to get to know Dan, Sandy, Jennee and Seth, they are great people.
2 Thank Tom S