“The Fries are Great!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Telephone#: 541.749.2440
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I go to Summit once a week to eat lunch or dinner. This is a great place to watch sports, eat delicious food, talk to interesting people and imbibe very tasty greyhounds at reasonable prices. AND...These are some of the best fries I've had! These are REAL potatoes that are cut in-house from fresh not frozen potatoes. And the soups are fantastic! Most everything in this place is made in-house. I know because I always ask when I eat out and I have trustworthy friends who work in the business.

1  Thank lolafraiche

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Well, at the Bend Summer Festival on Sunday July 14th, I decided to try sitting at an outside table at the Summit Saloon, which had a great view of the main stage for music. Well, I have never tried the Summit before, but It has a good reputation and I figured it would be A OK! Well, I ordered a TNT and the Western Burger with Fries. The cocktail was very good and I was enjoying myself greatly. However when my meal came, I was eating along and the burger was alright, not great not too bad. However, I started on the fries, and I notice that fully 35 percent of them had BLACK SPOT BRUISING! GROSS! I asked to speak to the MOD and he came out. I pointed out the black bruises and told him I considered it to be gross, and whoever was prepping potatoes in the kitchen should cut out the spots, and not serve them to customers! He had the audacity to inform me that there was nothing wrong with Black Spot Bruised potatoes, and he ate them all the time and I should consider it a privelage to eat them! If I owned the Summit I would fire him instantly, what a crock! So, I looked online, and found out this Bruising occurs by bumping, banging, dropping or crushing potatoes, and it is the goal of potato producers, shippers, growers, retailers, etc to not have this bruising. Well, it ain't going to kill you, but I quote from the Idaho Potato Commission website: Despite their hardy appearance, potatoes can bruise as easily as a banana or apple. While it may not be convenient, you can still eat the potato, as long as you TRIM AWAY THE BLACK SPOTS BEFORE COOKING! So, due to the managements cavalier attitude, and the kitchens lack of caring about presentation, or trimming out Black Spots, I do not recommend this establishment to anybody! So, do You dear traveler want to eat Black Spot Bruised Potatoes, if you do head on over to the Summit Saloon in Bend, they claim it is a house specialty! Gross Dude! Yuch! I don't eat rotten potatoes!

1  Thank Lorenzo B
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I went out bar hopping with a group of friends. The bouncer at the door denied entrance, citing that I was "drunk." I don't know what gave him that impression since I had only had two beers in the span of one hour. My friends offered to leave with me. They all said that I was fine and didn't seem drunk at all. I didn't want to cause a seen and told them to just go in without me. I then went to 4 other bars and they all served me. I latter took a cab home and the drive said that I seemed perfectly fine. Another friend of mine was latter turned away by the same bouncer because he had an out of state license. I think the bouncers just get off on having power and authority. There are many other great bars with much friendlier staff.

1  Thank Marlo S
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The food here is standard Americana bar food, but very reasonable prices. The drinks are a little pricey. Building is wiper cool, and is located right in the middle of downtown Bend. The Locals like to party here on the weekends, so it's great place to meet people. Also some slot machines in the back, for your gaming enjoyment.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Went to Summit for a bite to eat and a beer. We only had hummus and wings, but both were terrible. The Hummus was rancid, tasted like it had been there awhile. The wings were over cooked and just plain gross. Even the beer had been poured into warm glasses. The only positive thing I can say is it is a great down town location and the service was great.