“What Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Well Traveled Fork

The Well Traveled Fork
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Well Traveled Fork offers insightful culinary tours and cooking classes in the Central Oregon area. You can meet the farmers and ranchers that grow the food that you put on your table. The growers will show you their fields and pastures, the places that make their products so unique that you will begin to understand and appreciate what fresh, local, organic, seasonal and sustainable food is all about!Our cooking classes are the best! Chef Bette teaches children as well as the experienced cook new things to do in the kitchen. From Wood Fired Cuisine in her pizza oven paired with Bend' famous beers to French pastry or children's classes, a day in the kitchen with Chef Bette is a memorable event.
Georgetown, TX
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I attended Chef Bette’s class on Cooking with a Wood Burning Oven. We just built a Wood Burning Pizza Oven and were anxious to tap into Chef Bette's experience with cooking with one. This class was so much fun! Chef Bette and her assistant Lisa made a yummy appetizer and dessert. We each took turns making a pizza with chef while the others chatted on the deck of her beautiful home. I've had problems with making pizza dough that wasn't sticky and she gave me a lot of help with this. We tried a piece of everyone's pizza (along with 3 more that Chef made) so that we could test out different toppings. It was a fun filled night with helpful hints, great food, wonderful company and recipes to take home. (You can use a regular kitchen oven for these recipes.) I would highly recommend any class given by Chef Bette.

The next morning we took the Farm to Ranch Tour given by Aliza. We’re interested in gardening, and Bend has similarities to Central Texas, so we thought we could pick up some pointers. We went to three organic farms and learned something from each one of them. What a fun way to spend the morning! Aliza was a terrific guide who gave us plenty of info on the area as well as organic farming as we traveled to each farm.

Check out The Well Traveled Fork if you’re looking for an out of the ordinary experience during your travels.

Visited September 2013
ChefBette, Owner at The Well Traveled Fork, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hands-on cooking classes are fun and instructional for all levels of cooks and we are glad that you can incorporate what you learned at the class to your own pizzas. Let me know how they turn out!

Santa Monica, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Catered meal of amazing quality featuring local ingredients!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

So grateful to Chef Bette and her amazing team at Well Traveled Fork. She created an amazing meal for a large group who had come together to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, and had the entire party oohing and aahing at not only the amazing taste of all the dishes - all made with local, tasty ingredients - but also at the beautiful presentation of all of the food. Since we came together in Bend from California, Oregon, and Washington, it was so wonderful to have the amazing meal prepared, delivered and served up in the comfort of our rental home in Sunriver. We had carnivores and vegetarians in attendance, and everyone had dishes that made them happy and full.

I planned the entire meal over email with Chef Bette from California, and it couldn't have been smoother. Thank you Chef Bette and Well Traveled Fork for making a special evening even more special!

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Very Nice Catered Dinner for Ten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We used Chef Bette and The Well Traveled Fork to organize, prepare and serve a special dinner for ten to celebrate my parent's birthdays this summer at a house we rented in Sunriver, Oregon. Working with Bette, I selected the menu off of a list of items I found on her web site. The rest was very easy and pleasant for me. Bette and her staff did all the shopping, cooking, serving and clean-up. Bette and her helper were very professional, and I enjoyed talking with them and having them at the house. The food was excellent. The ingredients were local and fresh, and everything was very flavorful. We enjoyed the leftovers for a couple of days afterward.

Bette arrived on time with everything she needed and cooked in the kitchen. They were out of the house soon after we were finished eating and the kitchen was clean and tidy when they left. Having a catered meal was a nice change for us. We go out to restaurants as a big group often, so it was a treat to have a meal prepared at the house. And we probably saved money, especially because I bought the wine myself and avoided the restaurant mark up.

I highly recommend Chef Bette and The Well Traveled Fork. They are an asset to Central Oregon. She shouldn't be surprised if we call her next year when we're back at Sunriver.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended for foodies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Amazing tour of small businesses in Bend, lots of samples from people passionate about their craft. Ours was a work group of foodies and everyone enjoyed trying something new and different. Burl was a terrific guide and very helpful in answering our questions. No hesitation in recommending this first class outfit. Even regular Bend visitors will learn much from the various owners. Well worth it!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sjh5680
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic way to learn the city...1 business at a time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

What a great and novel idea to teach folks about local businesses. We learned so much in a few hours! Great tasting food (even gluten free options for my hubby-we just asked ahead of time). From juice bars to bakery's to meat markets to beer/wine. My only request would be that they switch up the businesses they visit like every 6 months. I would totally do it again and again and again. Highly recommend it!

Visited June 2013