“QUICK TRIP”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a very nice stay, even though it was only one night. Will be staying there again, as our daughter lives in Bend. The only downside, was breakfast is served only until nine, so we missed it as we were having a leisurely morning, and got there at 905. Maybe extent the the Breakfast time to 10 for summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Melizza I, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Cathy D.

Thank you for staying with us and for the 4 Star review. I am sorry that you missed out on breakfast. Please know that since it was only a few minutes after closing, we would have been more than happy to let you in if you stopped by the front desk. We could have also provide you with a grab and go continental breakfast. On Weekends and Holidays our breakfast is open until 10:00 am.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff were very nice, we had reserved a room with two double beds and the clerk upon checking in informed us she was upgrading us to two queen beds at no extra cost. The beds were a bit firm, but aren't they always! The room was nice and we enjoyed the outdoor pool which was not crowded. Considering it was summer and hot outside that was a surprise. Breakfast was great, lots to choose from and a nice area to eat. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

pleasantly surprised! newly updated rooms in an older motel style building. nice little pool, clean rooms, surprisingly quiet. what i loved best was we walked downtown for dinner...10 minute walk to Main St with all the shops and dining! yum!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel’s manager is disrespectful of her own staff and was outright rude to me.

When I arrived on June 27th 2014 I was assisted by a pleasant young woman who, when I asked for a quiet room, explained to me that the three garden rooms are the quietest in the hotel and proceeded to check me into room 238. During this time the Manager was chatting with four other people at the other computer. As the woman assisting me was explaining my room information (keys, parking permit and Wi-Fi password) to me, the Manager walked over and said “I need that room”. The Manager made her un-register me, while apologizing to the people she was helping, without a word of apology to me and without even looking at me. How hard would it have been for her to say, “I’m so sorry, I was in the middle of checking these people into adjacent rooms and …“? The woman assisting me with visibly upset and obviously without any power to offer resolution. I was obviously angry and the Manager blithely ignored me.

I was reassigned a room over the pool (328) facing into the parking lot. What the photos don’t shows is that this old style motor inn faces onto a sea of asphalt with a postage stamp pool inside a wooden fence surrounded by only a narrow concrete margin hardly wide enough for the lounge chairs when folded for sitting up.

There’s a big sign behind the desk that says “review us on TripAdvisor”. Request granted.

This review is regarding Red Lion Inn in Bend Oregon at 1415 NE 3rd Street, Bend, OR 1-866-599-6674

Room Tip: The garden rooms are supposed to be the quietest but good luck getting one, even if you've alrea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and providing a review. I want to apologize on behalf of the Manager that was at the desk assisting the other guests. I have shared your comments with the manager and discussed how we could have handled the situation better. It is never our intent to ignore our guests or to come across as disrespectful to our staff or our guests. We appreciate you as a guest and value your comments. One of the reasons we ask for reviews is that we use these as training tools to better assist our guest to provide an enjoyable stay experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was an excellent value for the money, particularly if you take advantage of some of the discounts (AARP, government, etc.) Very friendly staff helped with tips on Bend activities. Outdoor (only) pool was good and had a nice lounge area attached. Fast internet, lots of electrical outlets. Not as much a suites deal as a motor hotel but this was fine with us. We'd come back. Adjacent Black Bear diner was a nice place to eat as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location. Awesome breakfast selection. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner but they were still decent. Friendly staff. Check in and check out were very smooth and quick. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had booked a Handicapped accessible room 2 weeks prior to the trip, and confirmed the reservation, my sister is wheelchair bound and was really looking forward to taking a shower, when we got there they had given the room away, and gave us a non-handicapped room and all they could say was sorry, didn't cut the room rate or anything, my sister was very disappointed, very unprofessional, management they said was not available at the time. Will not stay there again, totally disenchanted with the Red Lion brand now, we have not stayed in any after this experience.

Room Tip: Try someplace different.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ricky827

Dear Ricky827,

Thank you for staying with us. I want to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced during your stay. We do our best to accommodate our guests requests and unfortunately we were not able to do so for you and your sister. I have shared your comment with my staff and we discussed what we could have done to better handle the situation and ensure that you were happy with the resolution.

We value your business and hope that you reconsider returning to our hotel to allow us to show you that we do care and that we want you to have an enjoyable stay experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel.