“First time B&B - Not disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Mill Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Bend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was our first B&B experience (we've always gone the hotel route). We were not disappointed. Dave was extremely welcoming. The accomodation met our expectations. The breakfast far surpassed anything we've had in our hotel visits (and we've stayed in some nice ones!). Excellent quiches (salmon and veggie) plus all the fixings - wonderful fresh fruit bowl. I know where we will be staying when we return to Bend!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mill Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our three night stay at Mill Inn. It was conveniently located, close enough to walk into town and with easy access to the highway for hiking excursions. The decor is quite unique, as is the story of it's creator, who left Mill Inn to the local community college when she passed away last year. We loved the cleanliness and comfort which felt friendly and relaxed. We hung out in the lobby/tv lounge in the evening, where guests are invited to make their own hot beverages and microwave popcorn. Breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. The service was cheerful and willing, but a bit inexperienced seeming. Each morning there were different, slightly confused young men taking breakfast orders and serving eggs, juice, and hot beverages. The fresh scones and breakfast cakes each morning were fantastic. We thought it was very reasonably priced for our room with private bath.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I planned a surprise camping trip to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday...however the weather did NOT cooperate. So even though we both live in Bend, I made reservations at the Mill Inn B&B. The decor is romantic and made the stay feel very special. The breakfast was incredible and had every option you could imagine! Eggs made to order, homemade quiche, potato wedges with wasabi cheese (delicious!), bacon, sausage, pork, Dave's killer bread, apple streaudle bread, healthy cereals, cranberry scones, fresh fruit salad (mango, kiwi, raspberries, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries and grapes!), oatmeal, starbucks coffee and cocoa, mango juice, orange juice, and cranberry juice. And I probably missed something! Because we were the only couple there, the owner cut us a deal. So not only did we have the place to ourselves, we got a room upgrade and a killer deal!! The only reason I didn't give the place 5 stars is because the carpet has a bit of a musty smell to it and the rooms are a little bit cramped. But otherwise this place was Awesome!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have stayed at the Mill Inn three times and just made a reservation for my fourth. I've always been in the San Francisco Room but am going to give Seattle a try.

The inn is spotlessly clean and comfortable. I love the little details and quirky decor. The manager, David, is always eager to do anything he can to make your stay more enjoyable. His breakfasts are delightful (best scones EVER) and it is a bit different every time I have been there. There is usually a breakfast quiche, waffles to order, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, breads and, of course, those yummy scones. On one occasion I was the only guest so David gave me a box of scones to take home. How nice is that?

The last time I stayed (January 2012), I went to Mt. Bachelor to ski. David let me keep the room (since it wasn't booked that night) for the entire day, enabling me to freshen up when I got back from Bachelor for the long drive home.

Another plus is the location, close to the two most popular sections of Bend, downtown and the Old Mill District.

The only negative I can think of is the road noise. Since the inn sits on the corner of a fairly busy intersection, this is to be expected. I usually travel with earplugs - in case of situations like this - so it's no big deal.

I plan to be in Bend on a fairly regular basis and the Mill Inn will continue to be my hotel of choice. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank northcascades
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I stayed recently on our first visit to Bend in over 30 years. The in was warm and cozy; the breakfasts nothing short of fantastic. Innkeeper Dave made us feel welcome and shared many stories of Bend with us. The Inn itself is situated well; the decor is homey. It's easy to find and a good jumping off spot for exploring the area. We'll stay again, and I recommend the Mill Inn highly for anyone seeking a true Bed and Breakfast experience.

Room Tip: The San Francisco room was very warm on the cols nights we were there.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed in the "Western Room", a "Queen Size" upstairs room for two with shared bath (down the other end of the hall) at $70 + 10% tax including breakfast for two. En suite rooms were sold out when we booked.

The room for two is a bit small for two if you have a lot of gear or tend to spread stuff out. That said, it is certainly big enough for two.

The down the hall facilities can be a bit inconvenient if you need to make some night visits to the washroom. The larger concern is that shared “men’s and women’s” are of the “one-hole” variety with a potential morning line. There is a uni-rest room off the breakfast area.

The Mill Inn is located within walking distance to the downtown attractions including a good selection of restaurants. The big plus is the full breakfast with great coffee available from about 7:30 to 9:00.

The Western Room is not air-conditioned and on a somewhat busy street. Fortunately, Thursday evening traffic and street noise diminished as the evening grew long.

Although the rooms are described by name, e.g. Western Room, the rooms are identified by number. You may need to self-check in. Make sure you get the door lock security code so that you can get in to the building if the Inn is not staffed on your arrival and know your room number.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed in the two bedroom cottage with another couple. Great quiet location, within walking distance of downtown. I can't recommend it enough. Right around the corner is Boneyard Brewing, stop in there and have a taste of their beers.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends