“wonderful Rooms, Great Value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Great stay for one night only. Wish it could have been longer! Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Good breakfast - typical of the current move to free breakfast but great options well presented - space a bit challenging. Rooms quiet and well appointed. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights a couple weeks ago. In my profile I had written I didn't want to be near the elevators, which the clerk noted while I checked in. That was a first, usually the clerks don't say much about what preferences I have in my Marriott Silver acct. Anyway, he put us next to the stairwell so I was worried we'd hear the door slamming all night, but no. In fact it was convenient because we were just upstairs from our car in the lot. The sheets were super soft as Marriott's usually are, and there were plenty of pillows. I just wish we had a king-sized bed as requested, but my fault for not asking, I forgot.
The breakfast was nice, plenty of food, unfortunately the kitchen staff was extremely loud with banging the dishes around. Also, noone was paying attention to the ESPN that was on TV, it would have been nice to have some global news. I would have asked for a chance if we weren't in a hurry.
Overall, it was quite vanilla, nothing negative nor positive to note. It was as I expect Marriott's to be, clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: The location was nice too, I'd ask for a room on the opposite side of the road, but I'm not...
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place was a pleasant surprise! The bright colors throuout the hotel are fun and happy! As a frequent hotel goer, I was so pleased to find the bed one of closest I've found to the comfort of my own bed. Excellent stay!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay near the end by the outside stairway...seems loud.
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable, clean, and fresh, with plenty of space. Great water pressure in the shower and a nice choice of items for breakfast, They offer both Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches to microwave as well as freshly scrambled eggs and sausages, yogurts, fruit cups,cereal and fresh fruit.
The location was great-- we were able to walk downtown to sample a few breweries, and didn't want to drive. Service was friendly, both at check-in and when we were leaving.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The Fairfield is probably one of four choices of hotels if you want to be walking distance to the historic downtown area. The closest is probably the Oxford and McMenanins. The Fairfield and Bend Riverside are across from each other and about 3 blocks before you actually hit the downtown area. Location is particularly good if you are a runner, the Deschutes riverside trail starts just minutes from your door and goes for easily 30 miles round trip(this is what the front end told me). It is still being built but I did a 4 mile out and 4 mile back to the hotel with no end in sight.

About the Hotel though, the front end is very helpful. They have a filing cabinet that has the answers to a lot of questions. Every time I had a question they had a piece of paper pulled out of the filing system with the answer.

Breakfast is included in the room rate. It is reasonable, scambled eggs, sausages, toast, bagels. Self serve style. If you want a egg and sausage sandwich then grab one out of the fridge and microwave it. Other breakfast items exist including a self serve waffle maker. Overall not a bad breadfast. During the day there is coffee to be had, apples and bananas are out as well. In the afternoon cookies can be found. Its a clean place with friendly staff.

The bad. Walls are a little thin. Noise transmits from beside you as well as above you. If you want to have it a little quieter try and get the second floor of this two level hotel.

If you want a hotel close to downtown this is not a bad pick.

Room Tip: Grab a second floor room
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Even though it's next to the highway and we slept with the window open, we weren't bothered by any noise (I'm a light sleeper, so I would have heard anything). We walked almost everywhere we wanted in town as the hotel was just a few blocks from downtown. The park across the street was very nice, we wished it went farther into downtown. The king room was plenty large enough for the 2 of us and our stuff. The breakfast had plenty of choices for us. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClareGoWest
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Even though it is next to the highway, you don't hear the traffic. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. The pool was really cold so you have to really want to swim or be very young. There is a great running trail near the hotel along the river so be sure to ask for the map. Rooms were clean and fridge was big for a hotel. Breakfast was good and standard for Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family