“Pretty good. Would use again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Had 2 night here and we're enjoyable. Nice room decent space and comfy bed. Some noise in the mornings not sure if it was someone filling up their bath but nothing major. Above average 'free' breakfast with hot items though I'm happy with fruit yoghurt and juice and all 3 in good supply. Watch out the pool is tiny and the fitness room had 2 running machines + 1 x trainer, not good. It's a 10 minute stroll to the lovely down town but if like me you are here for the brewery's some are some way out so either do one of the bus tours or cab it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed for one night while visiting family. The hotel was very comfortable and extremely clean. The breakfast was just OK, but I don't have a high expectation for breakfasts that are free. Lots of carbs. I would return though. Very close to river where you can walk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pjcharles
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bend. I am glad you had a comfortable stay in our clean guestrooms and that you enjoyed our convenient location just a short walk from the Deschutes River. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

In my long career as a musician I have traveled and performed in many places around the world, but nowhere that I have enjoyed more than my several visits to Bend, Oregon to play for the Jazz At Joe's concert series, most recently this February 15. Joe Rohrbacher of Just Joe's Music in Bend is soon to log his 50th show, a remarkable success built on his tireless advocacy for his loyal audience and community, for music students and educators--and also his advocacy for his guest performers, with an eye for detail and a strong impulse for hospitality. One of the amenities we appreciate the most at the end of the evening is the nice room waiting for us at the Fairfield Inn. The room is comfortable (nothing beats a good bed after a day of travel!) and the extras make it extra nice. The location is convenient to downtown. The staff persons are friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast is very generous! I'm certainly not alone in my opinion. The accommodations at the Fairfield Inn are a large part of what makes a trip to Bend such a pleasure, and part of why, whenever Joe calls, the answer is always "YES."

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David E
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear David E,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your wonderful experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am glad that our comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, friendly staff and our convenient location contributed to your excellent stay in Bend for your jazz performance. We are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is my third week staying at this hotel in 2014, and every stay has been very nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious (with refrigerators and Hi-Def TVs) and most importantly very quiet. One week i was right next to the elevator and I was never disturbed by elevator noise or traffic up the stairs. HUGE plus especially when traveling for business. The hotel is within walking distance from downtown and very close to the river walkway and close to the highway for easy access.

I really enjoyed that they have a water dispenser in the lobby so you can refill your own water, and fresh baked cookies in the evening :) I am not big on breakfast but there were plenty of good options (eggs, bacon sausage, bagels, cereal, waffles, etc.), and this hotel definitely ranks in the top tier for good coffee.

The main negative is the "workout" room has MUCH to be desired and is not really usable, the equipment is outdated and the room is very, very small. and I wish the desk/work area was a bit larger. This may not be necessary if you are in Bend on vacation, but for business travel, the desk space could be larger.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors, and all visits I stayed on the 2nd floor. If you would like more room, try...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tara C
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Tara,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bend for your recent business trip. I am glad you enjoyed our extensive complimentary breakfast offering as well as our close proximity to Downtown and our spacious, quiet, and comfortable guestrooms. I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. With regards to the fitness equipment, we just recently replaced our machines with Precor’s top of the line equipment to help our guests keep up with with their fitness routines away from home. Thank you very much for your business and loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We look forward to hosting your next business or leisure stay in Bend.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Regular hotel i usually stay at was booked. Stayed here for two nights. Very nice. Staff was very pleasant and friendly. Always said hello. Candace and Christan ( sorry if got spelling incorrect). Were very helpful to help out in my stay. They answered my questions about places to buy items. Breakfast was great. Noticed staff was attentive on restocking food and coffee when it was low. Rooms were very nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. My room faced highway, but i never noticed noise. Slept very well. Close to mill district. Can walk if summer time. Will stay here next time. While writing this review a train came by, but it was not loud enough to worry about. I'll still come here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Abel02
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in writing your comments regarding your wonderful experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bend. Our dedicated staff are here to serve and attend to your needs, thank you for your acknowledgement. I am excited to know you appreciate our clean and comfortable rooms, our excellent location near the Mill District, and our complimentary breakfast. On your next visit, if you would like a room that does not face the highway, please feel free to ask our friendly front desk associate for a room at the north end of the building. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Fairfield Inn in Bend, OR is a great hotel. Very good rates, very clean, and nice location near downtown Bend. We have been going there for years after Christmas for skiing and snowshoeing at Mount Bachelor. The rooms have a refrigerator/freezer, HI-Def TV, Wi-Fi, and Microwave. The bed was perfect! Breakfast is free, buffet style, many choices including hot items. We like to make our own waffles. The staff is very nice. What more would you want in a hotel?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank John Allen E
bendmarriottsMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear John Allen E.,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your wonderful experience during your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bend. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and the friendliness of our staff as well as our great location in Bend near downtown and Mt. Bachelor. Thank you for your business and loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bend and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked in for New Year's Eve. We got a nice room with a wonderfully comfortable king sized bed. We had no complaints, except for breakfast. On New Year's Day, breakfast was scheduled from 6am-9am (on Saturdays and Sundays it is scheduled from 7am-10am). When I got downstairs for breakfast at 8.50am, there were no scrambled eggs left. When I asked the front desk person why breakfast wasn't scheduled until 10am as on a weekend day, I received the answer "we didn't think about that". Also, when I went over to make a waffle for my wife, it had been put away. Other guests were coming down to breakfast after 9am, only to find nothing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple