“A perfect ending to our day”
Review of Shinsei Sushi

Shinsei Sushi
Ranked #134 of 453 Restaurants in Bend
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Shinsei Sushi offers a wide variety of sushi, while also catering to those who prefer other types of food besides sushi.
Hines, Oregon
“A perfect ending to our day”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

After checking 3 other Bend area sushi restaurants, we decided on Shinsei (4-23-14) - I thought it would be my last choice from reading trip advisor in advance. The menu online is limited but upon arriving at the restaurant it was extensive including daily specials. The prices were most reasonable. There were many people eating there(always a good sign) and the sushi chef greeted me with a captivating smile! In fact the entire staff(5+) were genuinely friendly. One server gave us a "sake lesson" -bringing several samples to try. We chose "Mirror of Truth". We ordered 3 sushi rolls- one being the daily special -a tropical mix with a coconut sauce (specially made at Shinsei). I highly recommend a visit to this place-we will go back on our next trip to Bend.

• Visited April 2014

BONANZA
“Great food, but a lot of noise!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The food was excellent and we were service timely. The place isn't very big, but the noise was unbelievable! It sounded like a cafeteria and not a restaurant!

Difficult to find even with GPS!

I do recommend this place if you like sushi! Well worth the stop for lunch. They do have specific hours for lunch and dinner. Make sure you check before heading that way.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LYNN J
Bend, Oregon
“Good and plentiful Asian food.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hungry for sushi we read via Trip Advisor that this was the best in Bend so we went. The service was stand-out! Staff was extremely friendly and on it. We were never wanting and when my husband dropped his napkin they noticed immediately and replaced it. Couldn't have been better service. The food was good and there was a lot of it. I ended up with a variety of items and my hubby went with sushi. All was good. I'm rating it a 3 overall simply because it was "good" rather than "amazing" food.

• Visited August 2013
Montesano, Washington
“Mall surprise”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

First, I had a delicious flight of sake and loved "Cabin in the Snow" and "Seven Samurai". What fun to be able to taste these fine sakes. Really delicious calamari, sushi with real crab (which has become way too rare). Happened to hit happy hour and couldn't believe the prices. Very pleasant environs and great service. Family friendly too. What a surprise to find lovely sushi so far inland!

• Visited July 2013
“Family enjoyed the food & service”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a good sushi place in Bend that was also family-friendly and found this through tripadvisor. The food was good and various wait staff checked on us frequently to see if we needed anything. I'd go back again and recommend it to families with kids.

• Visited July 2013