“Awesome Fishing Trip”

Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bend Oregon Fly Fishing Guides - Guided fly fishing trips on the Deschutes River, Crooked River, Fall River, North Santiam River and throughout Central Oregon are our specialties and our passion. We offer everything from multiple day fly fishing trips on the Deschutes River to full day wade fly fishing trips on the Crooked River. We also offer a complete course of fly fishing lessons in Bend and throughout Central Oregon. Please have a look at our Guide Service page for more details about all of the guided fly fishing trips in Oregon that we offer. River's Bend Fly Fishing Guides is owned and operated by professional fly fishing guides in Bend, Oregon. Our client-focused approach to guiding ensures that your guided fly fishing experience in Central Oregon is one you will not soon forget. We are Bend's premier provider of guided fly fishing trips in Central Oregon. --River's Bend Fly Fishing Guides
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A friend and I just got back from a trip to Bend area where we had the opportunity to go fishing on the Deschutes River with River Bend Fly Fishing Guides. We wanted to camp near the river and the outfitter staff gave us recommendations on where to camp and they even picked us up in the Mecca Flats boat ramp right at our camp site! Our guide was on time, professional and prepared to get out there and start fishing. They took care of getting permits, lunch, drinks, etc so all we had to do was show up and get into the boat. Our guide was fun, very informative and a great instructor. We caught a few beautiful Rainbows. I have fished with other guides in the area and I have to say Rivers Bend Fly Fishing guides well exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to getting back out on the Deschutes with them in the spring and hopefully doing a multiday float.

Visited September 2013
Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Michele,

I had such a fun day with you guys. I can't wait for our next trip out this spring for Deschutes River Salmonflies to show you and your dad the BIG take on dry flies from the Deschutes River Redsides. You're gonna LOVE it! And there's nothing like a multi-day adventure in the Deschutes River canyon.

-See you soon!

Clifton, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING FISHING ADVENTURE”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Let me start by stating that I have been an active fisherman my entire life (22 yrs). My family and I have been on about a dozen guided fishing trips all over the country; fishing for trout, bass, red fish, mahi mahi, tuna, etc. With that being said Nic Reid takes the crown on giving us a guided trip that will never be forgotten. The over night trip we took with him in August 2013 on the Deschutes River in Oregon will forever be a memory I go back to. All aspects of the trip were purely phenomenal from the ample amounts of giant hungry trout, beautiful views, green crystal waters, over-arching guiding prowess, personable and reliabile staff were always at hand when needed. The food and commodities that were provided were completely unexpected and jaw dropping. Every meal was a river side gourmet meal that was beyond expectations. Rainbow and steelhead trout were fatter than I have ever seen due to the livelihood of the aquatic ecosystem surrounding the Deschutes. All in all, if you are looking for a trip that you will never forget..Nic will blow you away.

Don't waste your time looking anywhere else, the service offered is unparalleled and nothing shy of professional.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Joseph W
Silverthorne, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day all around”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had an awesome time fishing with Nic during my first steelhead trip to Oregon. He was knowledgeable, easy going, and demonstrated great patience teaching me to spey cast for the first time. I myself have guided in Colorado for five years and know all the variables that go into an enjoyable day on the water. Nic knows how to assess expectations and manage the day in a way that suit the client appropriately. You can trust that you will be in good hands with Nic as your guide.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank James B
Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Hey James,

I'm glad that you enjoyed our steelhead trip together. It was fun to get you back again this year as well. Your spey casting is really coming along nicely and you hooked a couple of of fish between your first and second steelhead days. That's pretty impressive!

I look forward to our next trip.

Nic Reid
Owner
River's Bend Fly Fishing Guides
Bend, Oregon
Sherwood
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nic and River's Bend Fly Fishing are second to none. Nic took me on my first fly fishing trip. As a rookie to fly fishing Nic took his time to teach me the basics of fly fishing. He was patient and extremely knowledgeable. We had a great day on the river and I will definitely be using his services again in the future.

Visited March 2013
Los Altos
“Best day in Oregon, thanks to Nic”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nic was our guide for a day on the Crooked River. We had my 2 boys - ages 10 (beginner) and 14 (some experience) - as well as myself (many years of selfl-taught fly fishing), and Nic provided a tailored level of instruction to each of us. He was entertaining, patient, and totally committed to making sure that we had a great day on the river. Both of my boys came away with a new love of fishing, and I learned several techniques that I will enjoy for many years. I can't wait for our next outing with Nic!

Visited July 2013