“Best fishing trip ever!!”

Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bend Oregon Fly Fishing Guides - Guided fly fishing trips on the Deschutes River, Crooked River, Fall River, North Santiam River and throughout Central Oregon are our specialties and our passion. We offer everything from multiple day fly fishing trips on the Deschutes River to full day wade fly fishing trips on the Crooked River. We also offer a complete course of fly fishing lessons in Bend and throughout Central Oregon. Please have a look at our Guide Service page for more details about all of the guided fly fishing trips in Oregon that we offer. River's Bend Fly Fishing Guides is owned and operated by professional fly fishing guides in Bend, Oregon. Our client-focused approach to guiding ensures that your guided fly fishing experience in Central Oregon is one you will not soon forget. We are Bend's premier provider of guided fly fishing trips in Central Oregon. --River's Bend Fly Fishing Guides
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We’ve been thinking about relocating to Bend from Dallas. We met up with our son who is stationed at Fort Lewis and booked a float trip with Rivers Bend guide service during a house hunting trip.. They were extremely flexible and accomodating as it was late March and the weather was unpredictable. The guide called us and told us the Deschutes was high, fast and dirty and that he did not recommend the float trip. He offered full refund - or the option to fish the Crooked. We took him up on the option and ended up with one of the best days on a river ever! My wife is confined to a wheel chair, so the guide and my son carried her in the chair to the rivers edge. My son and I have fished quit a bit so I asked the guide to focus on my wife, making sure she had a good experience. Within an hour she caught two fish and the smile on face was worth the entire guide fee. All in all we caught about twenty five fish between the three of us. Moved locations once just for a change in scenery. The guide was really patient and explained in detail what he was doing and why - more of a teaching experience rather than putting a fly on the leader and telling us where to drop it. We have done float trips down the Big Horn, Madison, Yellowstone and Arkansas rivers. The guide service (and fishing) we got from Rivers Bend was above and beyond any other fishing trip. My son deployed to Afghanistgan a few days later....this was a great send-off. Wewill definitely book another trip with Rivers Bend when he returns this fall. Cannot recommend them enough!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Kim G
Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Gill, Kim & Chris,

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the day as much as I did. What fun to get to share such a fun day with your family and with Chris before he shipped out. I appreciate that as well as his service. I look forward to our next opportunity to fish together.

--Nic Reid, Owner

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great time with Rivers Bend Fly Fishing. None of us had ever fly fished and we didn't have any gear. Rivers Bend got us all set up and we all caught fish. A great time was had by all.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Jeff K

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for the review! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I also saw that Linda gave us an awesome review on Yelp, which I also really appreciate.

Thanks for sharing the day with me! I look forward to getting you and your family out again soon.

--Nic Reid, Owner

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the first time we'd been fly fishing (and the first time I'd ever really fished). Nic from Rivers Bend was the best guide we could have hoped for. He was patient and an excellent teacher. The scenery on the lower deschutes is just gorgeous and the full-day float was well worth the money. Nic was very knowledgable, and we had a great day chatting and fishing with him. The booking process was very easy: we communicated mostly by email and then finalized details over the phone. The whole thing went very smoothly--Rivers Bend is a top notch company. Highly recommend the full day float with Nic on the lower deschutes.

Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

C&B,

You guys rock! Thank you for the stellar review. I had such a fun day on the river with you two and I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Come back again and I'll introduce you to the Crooked River next time.

--Nic, RBFF

Reviewed 10 April 2014

As a slowly improving fly-fisherman, I attempt to visit as many rivers as I can and recruit the local guides to assist me in enjoying my day on the water. Nic, from River's Bend Fly Fishing, provided me with one of my most memorable fishing trips in a long time. Prior to departing from Texas to go to Oregon, I searched the web for fishing guides in Bend and came across Nic's company. He was very responsive to my inquiries and tailor made a trip to my wants. Not only that, he prefished a few locations a few days prior to our date. Not many guides would call you up 2 days before to tell you that your planned destination wasn't fishing well and offer up other better options.

I found Nic to be incredibly knowledgeable about the area we were fishing from its climate down to the real estate market. On the water I got an education about the nuances of dry fly fishing, but most importantly, Nic put me on a BUNCH of fish. If I was a better fisherman and/or had better eyesight to see the miniscule flies, I could have probably double my catch total. Nonetheless, I was extremely pleased.
I can not recommend Nic highly enough and he has cemented his status as my go-to guide in Oregon.

1  Thank pablotxaggie
Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hey Paul,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I had an awesome time guiding you on the Crooked River. I still can't believe that hail storm that blew in on us, and the best part was that you hooked that big fish right in the middle of it. Not to mention the Golden Eagle that put on a show for us.

All together, a great day on the water. I couldn't have asked for better company.

Nic Reid
Owner
Bend, Oregon

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife Lisa and I had a great experience fly fishing with Rivers Bend over the Labor Day weekend on Deschutes River. We are both novices and Nic was a very patient and helpful instructor. He made sure my wife had a good experience even when he was having to unhook her flies from the brush. This was the first time we waded and fly fished outside a boat and really enjoyed it. We did the sunset dinner package and would recommend it to others. We didn't catch a lot of fish but caught enough to keep things active. We also really enjoyed the beautiful scenery, especially at sunset, and would definitely come back again.

Nic R, Owner at Rivers Bend Fly Fishing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hey Dave & Lisa,

Thanks for the excellent review here on TripAdvisor. It was super fun to guide y'all and get to know you a bit on the Deschutes River. I sincerely hope to get you out again this coming year. Set your sights on late May or early June and we'll catch the Salmonfly Hatch. The fish consume 50% of their total protein intake for the year in that 1-month timespan. The bugs are 2-3" long and the fish eat them VERY aggressively.

All the best,