“Decent value for price”

Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Eugene, Oregon
“Decent value for price”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I'm not picky, so long as it's not in a dangerous part of town. I'm willing to save a five bucks over a the low budget national chain. Compared to other budget motels I've stayed at in this range, this was good. The surprise was room had a microwave and cooler. There was a coffee pot with sealed coffee pouches on the counter. The bed was very comfortable for me, and I am used to sleeping on an air mattress. The pillows were thin but in new condition. The rug was dark colored, hard to tell how clean. One light bulb missing, possibly was taken. WiFi signal in the motel as well as from two nearby motels.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank latenight2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 21 September 2010

$75 for 2 seniors. Dirty carpet, mold around bathtub, bathroom door would not close as it had been yanked off the hinges at some point, heat wouldn't come on until owner brought tools over and "fixed it". We flipped the deadbolt for security since we were right on the street, and the owner had to come and let us out of the door the next morning. Thank goodness there was no fire or emergency, as we were locked in tight. I'd rate this place - gross!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gnauer

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My Mom (86) and I (50) were going to Motel 6 and the $42 night and AAA sign caught our eye. That rate is for one person in a single double bed room and I would suspect that there is only 1 or 2 of them available. Our rate for 2 people in 2 double beds was $59 plus tax a night = $64. The reason I go to Motel 6 is that it is clean and a standard of quality. I'm surprised this is an AAA motel. It's got to be a 1 star. Road noise, old soft beds. Ok, nice refrig, microwave and TV. Breakfast is 1/4 muffin, hot water for oatmeal, hot choc, or tea and coffee with some oranges and banana.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ForeverYoung33
tucson
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Mr. Kumar who is the manager/owner assured me when i cancelled a reservation that all was taken care of and no penalties.

Instead we received a no show statement and a charge of $240.00. When we contacted him he denied ever talking to us. His attitude was most unprofessional, very rude and arrogante.

I would never recommend this motel to anyone!!

Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank desertbabe70
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 1 July 2008

On Friday late afternoon we arrived to Bend without reservation. Trying some chain brands, but all full or rate was over 100$.

We decided to test Dunes Motel with walk-In price 59+tax.

Sign on the street advertises Pool, Spa and Gym, but it's just mean co-operation with some local Gym. Also there was AAA-approved sign, but I don't belive that's true. Some security issues doesn't met AAA standards, however I wasn't able to check that on AAA.

Pros:
- Digital cable TV -lot's of channels with good quality picture
- micro and fridge and coffeemaker in rooms
- room was very clean

Cons:
- property is old and and everything (including sheets and bed) is wear.
- wasn't feel very safe there.
- Breakfast was very modest: bad coffee, donuts and oranges.

• Liked — fridge, microwave, clean room
  • Disliked — Unsafe feeling, breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Tantero