“Good at very good price”
Review of Rainbow Motel

Rainbow Motel
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Rainbow Motel, in Bend, Or. is a good inexpensive choice for anyone going through Bend.

Room Tip: Away from ice machine & entrances
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry L
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Motel

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was not feeling very good about it when i saw it becuase I am so used to staying at expensive hotels! My old high school boyfriend and I met and he had purchased a room here so I dealt with it! I did not like that they did not have fitted sheets on the bed! I never use a bedspread at a hotel so it was a cold night! The floor was not very clean so I kept all my bags zipped up and on a luggage rack. They had no free shampoo, hardly any towels too! The bathrooms window the screen had a BIG hole in it so hard to leave the window open! I do have to say the bathroom was very clean! Thank God! Not sure I would ever stay there again though!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We were passing through Bend (on a very busy weekend) and everything was booked up. I found this motel through Tripadvisor and was not quite sure what we were going to get, because there was no outside/exterior photo of the motel and not many reviews. However, this was a very clean, nicely maintained motel which was perfect for what we were looking for. We were in the 2nd floor in the back section. The motel seems to be family-owned and everyone was very kind and pleasant. We were just passing through Bend, and were not looking for amenities like a pool or gym. We would stay here again when passing through and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank summerinplaya
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this motel close to Downtown Bend. Pulling up, you'd think its a super low end run down motel, but they do have a newer 2-story building at the Bank which are much more updated and nice. They let us check out the room before committing which was good. We got a king bed room in the back building which was similar in size and furniture to something you would get at Super 8 or Motel 6 and the price was right at $40 a night! (Note Super8 and Motel 6 which were nearby were charging $25-$30 more a night). It was clean and beds pretty comfortable. Would recommend this place for the price - just ask to stay in the back building.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed two nights. We were given a room in the rear building so I don't know what the older rooms in the front are like. It was just the price range we needed and we would go back. I had a little trouble understanding the desk clerk when trying to make a reservation by phone. But no big deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Least expensive place to stay that is close to downtown Bend and Deschutes Brewery Pub!

Comfortable bed and room, great for this price point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I must admit this was a very clean room however the bed was as hard as sleeping on the floor. I personally had to fix the toilet flapper so the thing would flush. The towel rack is literally just resting on its mount so to look at it may cause it to fall. The linoleum is pealing off the floor next to the bathtub and the mini fridge is loud enough to wake the dead. Not sure if there are a shortage of sheets these days but they don't seem to have fitted sheets and merely use a cotton blanket for a bed liner and a top sheet to sleep on. This of course led to sleeping directly on the mattress after the first roll over. Now normally i wouldn't be one to complain at a price as low as this but at the desk the clerk asked if i would like to upgrade to a newly remodeled room for only $5 a night. I honestly wonder if that was just a crock to make a few extra bucks.
I am still recommending this simply for the budget. I had family members staying at the Motel 6 4 blocks from here and they paid about the same but the quality was massively lower.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo